Board index Public Relations Contests [RCT2] LP contest: download the park-pack now

[RCT2] LP contest: download the park-pack now

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
A pack with all the parks for this contest is now available.

Click here to download the parks

As you can see below the results are done. But not everything is what it seems. I said I would get it done before the end of this weekend so I tried. I've done the judging but the numbers 1 and 2 in this contest don't have comments for their parks yet.
Because I just got a job which has to be done in a rush I can't finish the comments on those two parks now.
The comments for these two parks and a pack containing all 5 parks will be uploaded soon.

The result chart:

Congratulations RCTandy on winning this contest. Too bad DE@NO dropped out last minute. It could have been a tight competition between the two of you. However, your park will be placed in the contest winners section and awarded with the contest cup. All you have to do is upload it [approve]

The comments so far:

XtremeONE
As you??????ve probably seen on the result chart your park wasn??????t too pretty. Let??????s just talk over the judging catagories to see what the problems were.
The park layout was pretty good, the paths had a clear layout but that was about everything. However it was just plain boring. All your pathing was flat and almost all straight ahead.
As you can see in the result chart ride theming was a really weak aspect of your park. Most rides just have to do it with a simple station building and that is really about it. When theming a ride try to fill up all the land around it. At the moment most Six Flags parks have better themed rides than you have here. This park just lacks theming in every way, next time you really have to spend a lot of time on this. Also looking at how other people did it might be a good idea. It??????s always good for some inspiration [:)]
Park theming was horrible to be honest. The park was just way to bald. Just by looking at a tiny piece of the park I could have told you this wasn??????t good. Try to fill up almost each square of land to make the park actually look good. Also theming queue zones and the paths themselves would have helped.
The ride balance was pretty good in this park. However the park just does not have many rides, but the balance between thrills, chills and spills is good. So you almost got the full score on this aspect.
The ride layouts couldn??????t make up for the bad theming. Only the 11 inversion rollercoaster had a good excitement rating (which could have been a lot better with theming!) Next time try to get the excitement ratings on all rides to the max by theming them, it can make a lot of difference.
The 11 inversions rollercoaster was pretty good if I??????d only look at excitement, but I don??????t. Again the lack of theming has a major impact on your score and also the high intensity rating isn??????t that sweet either.
The stadium was rebuilt very well, however the entrance of the park didn??????t live up to that. The entrance the park had before was almost better than what you have now, it just doesn??????t look cool. Next time try making something bigger, with a mainstreet. You know the thing, just look at a real park to see how it??????s done.
For the final goal I used the ??????everything or nothing?????? rule. This means that if you don??????t meet the goal you got no points at all. It??????s just a waste you didn??????t take the time to realize this goal because it could have given you an easy 50 points.
Conclusion: Like I said in the description, theming would be important. The fact that your park lacks theming caused it to get such a low score. On contests like this theming is probably the most important thing to have. Next time just spend more time on theming and you??????ll be fine [;)]

DE@NO
Hmmm, what can I say about this? ??????So far, so good?????? Everything that was done in this park looked awesome and I really think it is a shame you didn??????t have the time to finish it. The ride theming was superb and the park theming was perfect. The only thing I could actually judge was the 11 inversion rollercoaster. So I did. This ride was nearly perfect, the only thing what I didn??????t really like was the huge load of trees. Maybe you could have fitted the ride area with some building in the same style as the rest of the theme zone. So you got 90 out of 100 there. I gave you a few so far scores, but I had to disclose you from the contest.
Next time put some more time in it. I think winning would be a serious option for you [;)]

Jpecool
Hey jpecool, this park was pretty nice, but as you can see it was not enough to win. Let??????s see why your park did not finish as number one.
First of all the park layout. The park layout was fine, you did have some complicated pathing though, but the guest didn??????t really seem to care about that. However it does prevents you from getting a full score here.
The ride theming was just ok, it just wasn??????t top notch and you need something near top notch to win a contest like this. In general your theming was a bit repetitive and not really creative. A few examples of this: you used the blocky landscaping on two big coasters. The building around your boat ride was too simple. A lot of rides feature a pyramid like structure with a name sign on it. I??????m not really creative myself either, but looking at other parks can give you quite a big bunch of inspiration to make some cool things of your own. Next time try to get the theming up another level.
All the same applies for the park theming, it??????s not really special. If you want to stand out from the crowd you have to come up with some more original theming and try not to fill every empty space with trees. Make some cool buildings with rides or shops in them instead.
The ride balance was a bit off in your park, the problem was that your park just lacked some gentle rides, next time keep a closer eye out on the ride balance.
The ride layouts were ok, again nothing special. Try to get the excitement ratings of your rides up a bit further next time.
The 11 inversion rollercoaster had two problems in my opinion. The intensity was quite high compared to the excitement value. However it looks like everyone had problems with that. Secondly the ride theming was repetitive and thus boring. It??????s just hills with trees on them??????
The stadium was repaired nicely?????? but oh my god. That entrance was stunning, but I don??????t mean stunning in a positive way. An entrance building is fairly important for a park to look good, try to make it look impressive and pretty. It should have been one of the best themed areas in the whole park, but without a doubt it was the worst with the merry go round and the maze next to it.
You??????ve got over 1000 guests so you got the full score which is just enough to cover up your penalty??????

IMPORTANT Now last but not least, the park has some building restrictions. The Lakeside Park is near a runway therefore it is prohibited to build anything above 110 feet, you may terraform the land but the beach and lake area can not be touched.

You terraformed the lake area over which your mine train runs. You have been penalized for that with 50 points.

Conclusion: On your next contest try to put some more time in theming and the parks itself?????? errrr, or just put some more time in everything. The whole park was just like one more. Try to give it a special touch, a new level of theming and ride quality to make it better than any other park seen before.

More to come...

Post March 28th, 2004, 6:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,740.00 Points

o man i must have sent the wrong one cause i had themed the whole coaster and everything well thats what i get but congrats and next time it will be alot better i was to the site so i didnt really know what to expect but anyways Congrats to RCTandy

Post March 28th, 2004, 7:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

What happend to my entry: http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/de ... p?tid=3375 [confused] I swear I sent it via email the same day I uploaded it. [:(]

Oh well, congrads to the winner.

Post March 28th, 2004, 9:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
Congrats Andy! That was one great park. My 2nd place finish feels like 1st place since I had to compete with you.

Post March 29th, 2004, 12:32 am

Points on hand: 4,653.00 Points
60% on ride layouts?[xx(] But I thought that was my strong point...[:(]

Haha, j/k. Thanks everyone for appreciating my park! It was a lot of fun. I am a little confused as to why shaggs wasn't included though... DE@NO, we have to go head to head sometime, sorry it couldn't happen this time.[;)] Let's try to have even more parks entered for the next one![|)]

Post March 29th, 2004, 11:06 am

Originally posted by shaggszgn

What happend to my entry: http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/de ... p?tid=3375 [confused] I swear I sent it via email the same day I uploaded it. [:(]

Oh well, congrads to the winner.

I must have missed it because you uploaded it at the time I was on vacation. I never received the email either so that explains why I missed it. You could have checked your status to see if it turned green...
It's a shame though because the park looks really nice [:)]

Post March 30th, 2004, 11:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,516.00 Points

what about mine Gforce? I didn't even get on the list.[confused]

Post March 31st, 2004, 1:19 am

Points on hand: 5,725.00 Points

Andy we've already been head to head on rctcompo but I guess since the comps here are a bit harder it would come down to alot more skill. Ive still yet to get my net back at home. Once I do I will upload my 11 inverter for everyone to check it out.

Ive finished school now so for the next comp i'll actually have alot more time to work on it on my days off of work. looking forward to the next comp, I should get a completed park for the next one [:D]

Post March 31st, 2004, 2:01 am

Originally posted by coasterfreak212

what about mine Gforce? I didn't even get on the list.[confused]

I never received something from you, as you can see on the status list your name is not green, which means I never got something from you.

You really have to look out for things like that yourself also, I can't go emailing everyone to ask if they already submitted something.

Too bad though [:(]

Post March 31st, 2004, 11:49 am

Originally posted by DE@NO

Andy we've already been head to head on rctcompo

Yeah, but that wasn't completely fair, because I basically just did a small version of Frightmare Falls, which I had been working on for over a month before the compo, and you hadn't had much experience in parkmaking yet. I think starting with a clean slate, we would be pretty evenly matched. Plus, I think I've pretty much leveled off with my skills, but you seem to still be getting better with each upload.[xx(] I think we will give them a good show in the next compo. [;)]

Post March 31st, 2004, 12:33 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Post April 3rd, 2004, 3:23 pm

Post April 9th, 2004, 1:20 am

Ok everyone im finally back online. My 11 inverter should be uploaded to the site when I get the chance to make a screenshot for it.

Bring on the next comp!!!!

Post April 9th, 2004, 8:53 am

sounds good DE@NO. Also one more thing. Hey GFA, when do you plan to have the rest of the reviews done? J/W[:p]

Post April 11th, 2004, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points

Post April 18th, 2004, 1:07 am

does anyone know when the next comp is coming up ???

Post April 18th, 2004, 9:49 am

I don't know. I hope there is one coming up tho. I like competitions.

Return to Contests