Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Lucky finally posts something \o/

Lucky finally posts something \o/

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post July 25th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
So yeah. pretty ultra noob at a lot of the feature of NL2 but for me the best way to learn is to suffer horribly and terribly through them XD. my first project is a park with six (maybe seven) roller coasters on a hillside. It is by no means going to be a beautiful park lol. I have no idea how to script or 3DS. I do plan on using this park to learn those things though so it will be a constant work in progress aside from other projects I may work on.

Current park coaster list:

Raging Wolf - Wooden

Abduction - Twisted Flyer

Ju-on - 4d

Steel Tiger - hyper 4-seat

Shear Madness - Maurer S??????hne X-Car WTF

Firestorm - Gerstlauer Spinner

Pics

I really wanted to have a hidden feel like Kennywood or Alton Towers where the rides were mostly in the trees and terrain.

Also wanted to try my hand at building more compact coasters especially of the rare ones and ones that are usually towering.

peaking over the horizon in the back is the 100ft lift/loop of Shear Madness. Totally going to reprofile a lot of this but I've wanted one of these ever since Ge Force at Drayton Manor

More pics of the flyer and spinner after some tweaking and if anyone cares haha.

Fireball. Still not sure about this one though. Pic taken minus the trees. It's really going to be hidden to contrast the bright colors

Abduction - the build name for the Flyer. Working on a double element I think is new. Calling it a Yin-Yang. It will have more of an Air/Manta feel to it with more elements than both.
Last edited by LuckyK on July 26th, 2014, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 25th, 2014, 7:43 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

this looks AWESOME! I am always a fan of height restriction and compactness! I also like the setting you got for the park :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post July 25th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
LuckyK wrote:
pretty ultra noob at a lot of the feature of NL2

Whichever settings are not so! Expected more! I guess the black track with a really compact vertical drop is a 4D coaster from the look of track ties sticking out a bit. :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 26th, 2014, 2:21 am

Turbo wrote:
this looks AWESOME! I am always a fan of height restriction and compactness! I also like the setting you got for the park :)

Thanks! I always enjoy reading your reviews and posts, glad you like the look so far :)

lol240 wrote:
Whichever settings are not so! Expected more! I guess the black track with a really compact vertical drop is a 4D coaster from the look of track ties sticking out a bit. :D

I'm not sure what you mean by the first part :shock: Yes the black track is the 4D Ju-on. The drop is actually about 110 degrees ^^ It's hard to take a good snapshot to show the angles due to the position and surroundings. Also, there is a right turn before the drop so it makes the top look funny in pics =\ Hopefully this will help

Also if there are any ideas on how to support such a drop I'm all ears haha. Though I plan on using the high stress track to get around supporting the over bank curve since the trains are so much smaller. Would that work?

Post July 26th, 2014, 7:28 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Well, about the first part, sorry I was just trying to say you were obviously far from noob at dealing with NL2 options! Looking fantastic! Just keep constructing them for fun! Speaking of the track I talked about, yay I guessed it right! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 26th, 2014, 12:43 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

the catwalks are looking kinda funky up there
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post July 26th, 2014, 2:42 pm

yeah they don't turn well. I don't want to leave that turn without a walkway but that isn't going to work. Been trying different ways to work around that. The 4D project in general has a not of unexpected challenges. Like how to support amini outside raven with train clearance

Post July 27th, 2014, 12:37 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I like how they are looking so far but they do need work.

Post July 27th, 2014, 7:20 pm

The Ju-on (4d) is probably the absolute last coaster I'll be finishing. Largely due to the pain it will be to clear supports and design so many custom support setups. Probably going to catch the next class for more techniques first.

Steel Tiger is structurally supported, though more tweaks and revisions for aesthetics.

The catwalks have been fixed on Ju-on. They no longer look condemned.

Still haven't found a support idea that I like for that drop yet. Still thinking about supporting from the bottom and top. I think the high stress track can take not having the curve down supported. Thoughts?

Started work supporting Shear Madness. Really love that loop as a lift. Can't believe that didn't take off more

Post July 27th, 2014, 7:23 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post July 29th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Raging Wolf almost finished

first half of the ride

crazy spastic second half further down the hillside

Also my very first FVD attempt and man is it powerful! Used the ingame FVD.

on a side note, due to the fact my PC is basically running on well wishes and good luck, I've finally accepted I wouldn't be able to finish my ultra-massive wooden coaster project and uploaded it to the scrapyard. It's just too choppy and laggy in the editor to work on, even more so than this entire park for some reason... Might have something to do with being almost two miles long >_> Anyway, if you're interested to at least see how I do at track building it's up in the Scrapyard with some info about it. I'd love a comment or two or a few lol

next on the least for some major work is the twisted Flyer Abduction (Name pending) has three new (to RL) elements and... other stuff \o/

ALSO also, can anyone tell me either here or in PM how to map where auto grass goes? It blankets everything including the blacktop XD
Last edited by LuckyK on July 29th, 2014, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 29th, 2014, 3:55 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks like some interesting projects you've got here :) Looking forward to having a good look at your ideas! I'd think that loop lift will need some more supports however - check out how supported G-Force at Drayton Manor with its thick spine - which is far smaller than your ride!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 29th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Yeah, I've really been trying different ways to sort of recreate that extra beefyness for the loop and also hide the free floating chain return using supports but nothing looks good so far =\ I'd love some ideas on that one. I'm currently building up the supports to look more like the loop on Full Throttle with a very steep learning curve haha. I don't want the supports above the tree line though, it looks so cool seeing that freestanding loop crown over the trees!

What I'm going for:

Post July 29th, 2014, 5:43 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I really liked Raging Wolf and it's sad to see it couldn't be finished. I will check it out in the scrapyard though.

Post July 29th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Raging Wolf will be finished. Akino is in the scrapyard and is almost four times the length XD

Post July 29th, 2014, 5:56 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post August 1st, 2014, 9:14 am

Ju-on - 4-d

I keep going over to it, staring at it for a while and think to myself "not today" an move on XD After not looking at it for a few days then riding it, I now hate the stupid final XD instead of trailing off to wander around I'd rather take everything out to the bottom of that turn, and "figure eight" the course under the turn then to the right to wrap through that low reverse innie-Raven haven't come up with exactly how to change that yet

Abduction - Flyer

supporting

I hate supporting inverted rides from scratch. I can't figure out at all how to make the rail connecters look right and don't get me started on an arc. I will however atomize and work and with the prefabs to make it look as well as I can. Which will def turn out much better then it looks now. I like that little guy a lot though lol

Violent Wolf - Timberliner

On the fence about reprofiling the entire second half. Unless anyone knows of a video about wooden support tips for overbanks XD

Shear Madness - Maurer Sohne X-Car

Totally rebuilding Shear Madness. I'd rather have the supports the way I want (like Full Throttle) than the course I have. The airtime hills are in the way and the layout feels too come anyway. I'd rather not have it come off as a one trick gimmick I did "save state" it and may scrapyard it at some point. Actually with the coasters I finished and switched out, I could make this park at least three times with completely different rides... I may just do that at some point.

Fireball - Gerst Spinner

Speaking of which. the gerst spinner is much crap. Didn't turn out how I wanted, I'll have to try I different design method for it.

So any ideas on a coaster I could try to fill this space with? Open to any type ideas, was thinking of trying my hand at El Loco, ArrowBatic, Invertigo shuttle thing of some kind or maybe even a full circuit mousey invertigo... That's what I'm coming up with, open to any other ideas
Space now:

Steel Tiger

Pretty much nothing new here. Going to go back and add transfer track when I get a little burned out on other parts of the park

Post August 1st, 2014, 7:23 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

So this is all going to be one park?
How many coasters total?
Seems like 6 or 7 now.
I'd really like to see a small Rocket Coaster fill up that empty space.
Seems like something that the park is missing.

Post August 1st, 2014, 8:02 pm

It is all one park. Really it's more like a public park with roller coasters than an amusement park, but I am putting in the effort into making it at least basically presentable. Sort of a debut project. I'm really a slow and steady hands on learner s the main point are learning the program, developing a personal style, and getting more active with the community.

It has been a static Six with several changes in the roster. The more completed changes I renamed and saved in their own folders. Since the map is identical I can import or switch them out in exactly the same spot... If you factor that in there's an additional four coasters in an alternate versions of the park. Some where too much or I didn't really feel fit what I was going for or were too far towards fantasy so once I get the main park finished and posted I'll switch those back in and Scrapyard them if anyone is interested

I've toyed with making one before but it never really went anywhere... I like that idea. I'll make the world's fastest accelerating coaster. What were you thinking, more like Rita or Kannonen?

Post August 1st, 2014, 9:32 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I was thinking something like the speed of TTD, mixed with I305 and Rita.

Post August 1st, 2014, 9:56 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Spend 50 million dollars more wisely than Nagashima Spaland did.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 1st, 2014, 10:13 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I don't want to even talk about why they spend twice the cost of MF and only got a ride that is 8 feet taller and 2 MPH faster and only like 2000 feet longer.

Post August 2nd, 2014, 2:01 pm

Not sure if I want it that high above the trees though. I'll see what I can come up with

Post August 2nd, 2014, 3:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Spend 50 million dollars more wisely than Nagashima Spaland did.

I believe the extra money was for stronger supports that can withstand earthquakes.

Post August 2nd, 2014, 3:16 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Ohhhhhhh. Well maybe a place with earthquakes should not be building 300 foot giga coasters :P

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area