Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Mafkgyhe (Maurer Sohne Spinner, requires 1.6)

Mafkgyhe (Maurer Sohne Spinner, requires 1.6)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 16th, 2006, 10:36 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Well, I decided to start a Maurer Sohne Spinner to see what my spinning creativity (and the usefulness of the smoother button) can do. To be honest, the smoother is a dream come true! Now I can spit out coasters here and there like in RCT3 and have a smooth ride. Anyways, the ride is BIG, for a Spinner anyway, at about 101 feet tall, and contains custom elements that I would not have dreamed of making without the smoother. The name is Mafkgyhe (although not a real word, it should be pronounced Mahf - kig - ee - eh, or else I will get really mad.[;)]) Anyways, here are some pics:

Here is the first drop, yes this is not a Hyper Coaster, although a Hyper Spinner isn't that bad of an idea...

If you look closely, you will see that piece of track right there is trick track, which usually makes the train spinning like crazy.[:D]

Image Here is a downward turnaround/double down, which provides some nice airtime.

Post September 16th, 2006, 10:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,316.00 Points
Originally posted by Tanks4me
Image Here is a downward turnaround/double down, which provides some nice airtime.

The exit looks a bit odd. I'm not so sure I like it...maybe you could make the second part a bit bigger and unbank it a bit faster.

Post September 24th, 2006, 11:38 am

Ok, I finished the track, and it contains several elements that you would not normally find on a spinning coaster. Like a Barrel Roll, for example.[:D] Right now, I am in the process of supporting the ride, and I am using size 2 supports. Are the supports just fine, or should I increase the support width to size 3?

Post September 24th, 2006, 12:22 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
This ride looks really too spread out, at least it doesn't look natural...
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 24th, 2006, 5:18 pm

This is my first real project with 1.6, it is more experimental than anything. I just want to see what I can do with a Spinner, but I have never intended the spinner to be similar, for the most part anyway, like other Maurer Sohne rides. I want to establish my own style, however, like I said before, this is just experimental, so my subsequent rides will probably get progressively more compact.

Return to Hard Hat Area