Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Magic Mountain Improvements

Magic Mountain Improvements

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 20th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
I dont know if this is right, about psyclone behing dismantle. they cleared the junk in the back of it, that may sound something. But if u want to read more visit here.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=32630

Mod Edit:This thread will now be the "official SFMM updates thread," at least until it falls off the face of the earth.[:D]
Last edited by coolbeans326 on February 7th, 2007, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 20th, 2007, 2:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,535.00 Points
Hopefully it won't only Psyclone, but Flashback too.
-Tony.

Post January 20th, 2007, 3:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

MM needs to get rid of that piece and flashback for sure. I really wish that MM gets a legit woodie at some point in time.

Post January 20th, 2007, 3:52 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

take that and deja vu along with it [:)]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post January 20th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

Praise the lord. If they really do remove it, I hope/expect it will be replaced by a good woodie by GCI or a Eurofighter.

Post January 20th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Well at least i got to ride it well it was still up. The only good thing about it is some floater air down the first drop. A gci would be so awsome i hope for that

Post January 20th, 2007, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
Six flags website says 15 coasters now and flashback and psyclone aren't on their list of rides.

Post January 20th, 2007, 9:07 pm

I've only been on one coaster more rough than psyclone, and thats Grizzly and PGA. They both need to be burned to the ground. I wonder how long the quality of a new woodie would last being maintained by MM

Post January 20th, 2007, 9:32 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,110.00 Points

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

take that and deja vu along with it [:)]
yeah.. we just rode it.. i'm truly truly sorry to have to say this about anything wood, but go for it.. and yeah take deja vu with it... ... still i wish they'd just retrack it and install new trains i t WAS a really awesome ride when it was new... .. but if they won't.. by all means
retire it..

Post January 21st, 2007, 12:48 am

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
I hope Psyclone and Flashback go, they hurt a lot. Or maybe if they just retracked Psyclone (they could do Colossus too while they're at it) and exchanged those lousy trains on Flashback with floorless trains or something, they wouldn't have to waste those rides for their track count that has been wrong for all these years.

Post January 21st, 2007, 6:24 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Your all mad.
Basically. A wooden coaster isnt a proper woodie if its not rough.
Although ive not sampled psyclone i have on many other reknowned rough woodies, and i love them.
Basically. Death to Flashback yes, bag of shize. [lol].
A Eurofighter would go nice in its place.

Post January 21st, 2007, 8:00 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I don't see why everyone wants to tear it down. Maybe its not a top coaster, and is very rough, but actually tearing it down. I hate seing coasters torn down no mather how bad they are. There is always hope. Just let some good people do the job, and I'm sure they could have done miracles.

ECG: I don't think a eurofighter would fit well at MM, considering the capacity.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post January 21st, 2007, 11:51 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Magic Mountain pretty much needs to dismantle the whole park [;)]

Post January 21st, 2007, 1:21 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
^Hahaha. Agreed.

Never been there, but flashback *looks* cool. You know what they say: Looks can be decieving (or something like that). I'm sure it hurts. And Psyclone, again, *looks* out of control and fun. I've heard otherwise, myself. I've been on Deja Vu at SFGreatAmerica and it hurts. I agree with that one going too. Coasterkrazy, that would be awful! Just leave Goliath in there and I second your action. Oh, maybe Tatsu too, I guess. Overall, will be best for the park to do this.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post January 21st, 2007, 2:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
Originally posted by english coaster guy

Your all mad.
Basically. A wooden coaster isnt a proper woodie if its not rough.
Although ive not sampled psyclone i have on many other reknowned rough woodies, and i love them.

If you've actually been on Psyclone, you would know how much it actually hurts. It's not like yay I'm on a woodie that's really rough, it's like holy s*** stop the ride i'm being ripped to shreds.
For me at least. And all my friends that have rode it. And pretty much everybody I see walking away from it.

Flashback is almost the same level of pain.

Post January 21st, 2007, 2:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
^I wouldnt say psyclone is THAT bad. Its tolerable enough for me to ride it every time I go... People are just pussies in socal who havent ridden alot of woodies, and they cant take it.

Post January 21st, 2007, 5:27 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

they retracked it over the summer, it was betetr the last time I rode last month. Though it still deserves a wrecking ball [:)]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post January 22nd, 2007, 10:54 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,110.00 Points

no.homie. look at my rides.. i'm obsessed with wood... i rode it when it was a couple weeks old and it was great.. now it's horrible... going around a high banked turn at 5 miles an hour on square wheels is not fun..

Post January 22nd, 2007, 7:07 pm

Jay speaks the truth. In all seriousness, Ive ridden at least 100 wooden coasters and Psyclone is BY FAR the worst of all. Seriously, it isn't even close. There's all the other woodies, and then 10 times the difference from best to worst of the others is the jump from second worst to Psyclone.

Post January 23rd, 2007, 12:29 am

Post February 7th, 2007, 1:15 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Magic Mountain has re-opened X and apparently Ninja is receiving a long over due paint job.

Post February 7th, 2007, 1:31 am

I just was there this sunday (the super bowl going on made the place almost empty) and X was up and running again! But once i got to the front of the line they closed it down because one of the trains was having a "wheel problem". Oh well. Tatsu is the shiz. Psyclone sucks. Peace.

Post February 7th, 2007, 2:28 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Last year I went on Superbowl Sunday and it was wayyyy more crowded than I expected.

Post February 7th, 2007, 2:53 am

Ya I was kind of expecting more of a crowd than I wanted, but around 1 people started to dissapear. I got 3 rides on Tatsu with only a max wait of 10 minutes, and managed to ride everthing else minus X.

Post February 7th, 2007, 8:32 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

OK, so P-clone and Flashback are rough. Whee. That's not reason enough to tear them down. Both are worthy of saving if maintained correctly or modifications made. Why not let another park buy them? Then all the SoCal wusses will get their wish of having them gone, and another smaller park without the funds to get a new coaster can actually have a signature ride. This gives the rides a chance to thrill new folks. If they're torn down, they're just gone. Period.

P-clone can be good. It's a cyclone at heart and the basic layout is a proven winner. Tweak the track profiling, get some lighter, faster trains, and retrack the whole thing. It can be done. Cyclones are rough by nature, but they don't have to be brutal. I blame MM (lack of) maintenance for this current state. Retracking the ride recently probably helped a bit, but without new trains and reprofiling, it's not enough.

Flashback: new trains. Take a hint from the Premier LIM coasters and lose the OTSRs. Those are what made the ride so painful. Quick, twisting turns while having your head sandwiched between shoulder bars... not good. Get some new trains with the lap-tummy bars and maybe even make them floorless just for kicks. The ride is different than just about anything else out there and it would be a shame to just scrap it when it could be fixed without THAT much effort. An easier fix than P-clone, even.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions