Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting Magu's - Scenery Madness [...]

Magu's - Scenery Madness [...]

Post your Nolimits 2 scripts here! Also any discussion regarding scription for NoLimits Coaster 2 should be placed in this forum

Post May 5th, 2014, 2:08 am

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
Hello @all ;)

I started in the introduction thread a few previews of my upcoming flatrides. I'm at the scripting-madness at the moment. I never thought i could do it .. but i CAN (actually, more or less). I've got amazing help which opened my mind for scripting.
The scripts are not perfect but they are working.

I'll post in this thread the progress and the final rides. First of all will be a Gyro-Tower.

The ride-view doesn't work at the moment, while i'm still at a beginner level in scripting and have still much to learn.
BUT,.. maybe a more experienced scripter can add this important feature, later. So we ALL can ride the full experience!

So the first video is a very, very exclusive one.. YOU on coastercrazy will see it first ;)

WARNING! a hint is following:
CHECK OUT the awesome roundup's of the NL2-DevTeam on youtube!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/NolimitsCoa ... /playlists
With some of the amazing projects from the community!

Maybe, with luck.. there will be a small preview of the upcoming ..*rides ;)

...more is coming soon!

Nice greetings!
Last edited by Magu78 on April 15th, 2015, 1:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks great magu! :D

I think whilst the on-ride scripting would be fantastic, what you've done will be a huge benefit to the community and wil help people create much more interesting parks!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

mkingy User avatar

Really good work magu - the Giant Frisbee's supports and general makup looks a bit flimsy however. Perhaps needs some thicker beams?
Coaster Count - 198

Thanky you mkingy! ;) Yeah, definetly! It??????s still the first version without tweaks because i wanted to try to animate this "flying spin dryer" :D I??????ll update the version soon! At the moment i??????m working on the "ride-view".
I got it to work, finally (YAY!)..

...even if i learned a LOT in the past few weeks, i??????m still a beginner and it??????s all new for me. So i??????ll work with only one seat per ride. Also because, the rides should be ready at some point ;)

...more information is coming soon! :D

Nice greetings!

EDIT:

Now,.. with ONride ;)

EDIT2:
Here are the last two additions for the set. The release is planned as a beta-phase ...and coming soon!

HAVE FUN! :_D

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
how do you edit the script?
it only goes up half way and I have no clue how to open the script file to edit it. please help.

also I get some weird error from it.

Exception: NullPointerException
at public void GyroScript.onNextFrame(float) in line 99
at public final void com.nolimitscoaster.Script.run()
Ride View

what does this mean?

here are some pics of how I used it. thanks a lot!!! :D

Plantoris

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
^looks like someone forgot to test their script thoroughly XD

^ no,.. it was tested.. but this is new.. hmm,.. i??????ll look into and find out where the NullPointer is happening..
...looks like there is a problem with the SCOelement "Cat" ..no worry, i??????ll correct it!

For the Code:
I use notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ but you can also open the script in notepad ;)
You only have to be sure, that the file is saved as .nlvm !

private static final float c_enterTime = 30.0f; // Time of loading / unloading

private static final float c_moveUpTime = 60.0f; // Time of moving up to the max height

private static final float c_moveDownTime = 60.0f; // Time of moving down from the max height

private static final float c_upTime = 20.0f; //Time of staying up at max height

private static final float c_moveAccelerationTime = 20.0f; // Acceleration time of moving up / down to the full speed

private static final float c_rotAccelerationTime = 10.0f; // Acceleration of the rotation speed

private static final float c_startHeight = 0.0f; // start height in meter, from where the cabin will start!

private static final float c_maxHeight = 48.0f; // height in meter, here you can set your maximum travel height!

private static final int c_totalRotations = 3; // total rotations ;)

... i try to get it correct today.

By the way,.. i really like your park a lot @plantoris! Nice shots!!! :D

EDIT:
oookay,.. so the tower works... but there is a NullPointer. I have tried a few things but even if i import a working version (from another parkfile) it??????s still there..

EDIT2:
Even if i delete the script and reload the scenery... the error is still there. ..wtf!? I??????m right now out of any ideas. It worked all the time without this error.. maybe someone could help me out?

EDIT3:
ERROR FOUND!
I have no idea why but there is the GyroScript attached to the TOP-piece of the tower. If you delete the Script from the Top-Piece .. it works ;)

I??????m already working on the next update with the next ride. This will include the working Tower without an error message!

If you have any suggestions for the Tower, please say it NOW! :D

STAY TUNED! :D

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Lol it was just fun to read you going through your steps of frustration, to ultimately finding and fixing the error :)

EDIT: I just downloaded it, and unless you already released the fix for it, I got the same error message, but it still went all the way up successfully and back down again.

^xD Thank you ;) I was not rushed,.. but at least ONE issue seems to be a "must have" ;)

The fix and the next update is close to be ready...

This time:
PreviewUpdate2.jpg
Yihaaaaw....!

Video:

Put your hands up in the air! :D

Changes in Update 2:
- NullPointer fix for the GyroTower
- Exchange of the Tables,.. reduced the polys and added some materials (you may have to reload the tables)
- Added one LOD and clipping to the GyroDropTower, since it??????s high-poly (..around 23k). It should run fine now =)

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Magu, you're super genius, hyper genius! Can't wait for every version! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

so is update #2 released yet? I cant seem to find it.
Plantoris

AWESOME!
Really, really THANK YOU guys for this motivation!!! =)

BAD NEWS!
My work-times have changed drastically so the next updates will be coming slower.. but i will spend every free minute to give you at least ONE flatride per week!!! =) It??????s the matter for the short delay ;)

GOOD NEWS!
I??????d start to using DROPbox to share my stuff. Because it??????s easier to post a link in all the forums as to update or upload every single piece ;) I hope you like the easy way to download all the stuff which is already available and all the stuff which is waiting for you in my big pipe!
(Thanks to the Dev.Team for this tip, yay!!!)

So .. i uploaded the *Gyro*Drop*Tower* today AND the *Gyro*Swing* as well! There are .nl2pack??????s and a folder with all the seperated files.

MORE COMING SOON! ;)

LINK:
GET THE *new* FLATrides! AND ...have fun! :D

...i wish you all a nice weekend! RiDE oON!

Edit: .. by the way.. you??????ve got it first! Congrats! ;D

mkingy User avatar

Awesome good work Magu :D

Looking forward to using the Gyroswing in my current project :D
Coaster Count - 198

Thank you! :D Can??????t wait to see it!!! ;)

I did a very small progress... but i think you may interested in another version of a Gyro Tower:
SneakPeak-byfreefall.jpg
Now with even more freedom of observing!

You know,.. the week passed by very fast and the next flatride(-update) is coming...! ;)

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
While it sounds awesome, can we get irl names of some of the rides? I mean, I can guess what most of them are, but it would make things a bit easier.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I checked out Magu's flat rides and I, jizzed in my pants.
Plantoris

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Next

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting