Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting Magu's - Scenery Madness [...]

Magu's - Scenery Madness [...]

Post your Nolimits 2 scripts here! Also any discussion regarding scription for NoLimits Coaster 2 should be placed in this forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Alright dumb question, how do we import the flat rides into our own parks, I can't figure it out for the life of me!

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
you have to first extract package then import from that file.
Plantoris

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Lol it's a bit more confusing then that, but I figured it out.
I figured out that you have to open up the scenery part of the editor and then chose an nl2sco item and then change it from there.
Confusing, but I figured it out, and it is great because I made this!
The speed of the video is messed up because I had the simulator in 4X speed mode because this took so long to occur, and then I couldn't get it slowed down in a video editing program perfectly, so this is the next best thing, enjoy! I also used the YouTube enhancement to make the video brighter because this didn't occur until nighttime in NL2 so hopefully it looks alright!
Credit to Projektion for the Drop of Doom and Dusso Janladde for the Kingda Ka track.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Will that paratrooper ride ever be finished? I want to use it in my Jamp Up Land park.

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
Thank you all again! =)

@mkingy:
Yeah, i thought of the "Maelstrom" as real example for the Midi-Gyro-Swing model. The theming is great at this one!

@highthrills2:
I try to remember, but what ride do you mean? =)

@TTD03:
Hmm,.. i should write a mini-tutorial how to use some rides.. i thought it??????s already a known (very easy) procedure :D

@cool5:
It??????s nearly finished. It needs some textures and some railings for the "plattform" =) And the Car-roof has to be a bit bigger ;)
Paratrooper-byfreefall.jpg

I skipped the hydraulic technique and will use a simple method, since i couldn??????t figure out how to calculate the vector for it and how i can implement this in the script.
Maybe someone else have an idea?

Nice greetings.

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
Magu78 wrote:
Thank you all again! =)

@mkingy:
Yeah, i thought of the "Maelstrom" as real example for the Midi-Gyro-Swing model. The theming is great at this one!

@highthrills2:

@TTD03:
Hmm,.. i should write a mini-tutorial how to use some rides.. i thought it??????s already a known (very easy) procedure :D

@cool5:
It??????s nearly finished. It needs some textures and some railings for the "plattform" =) And the Car-roof has to be a bit bigger ;)
Paratrooper-byfreefall.jpg

I skipped the hydraulic technique and will use a simple method, since i couldn??????t figure out how to calculate the vector for it and how i can implement this in the script.
Maybe someone else have an idea?

Nice greetings.

@highthrills2:

this one
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/fi ... 67_166.jpg

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Magu78 wrote:
@TTD03:

For most it probably is, for newer people who don't use the function that much, like me :P, it was more of a challenge to find, but I found it!

Do the cars on the paratrooper swing and sway in and out like this?

??????Congratulation, you??????ve found a cookie ;)

Honestly, i loved the Doughnut??????s Paratrooper in RCT3! And the free swinging on the X and Z axis at the same time is the matter because i didn??????t released mine so far. It??????s the movement a paratrooper must have ;) At the moment there is only one axis active. I know how to move multiple child-axis in different directions (like x, y and z) at the same time but at the moment i have no free swing.

If i find a solution.. the ride will be ready to take off! =D

Good find! ;)

Nice greetings.

Can you make your paratrooper base like this?

http://rcdb.com/5965.htm?p=29700

Have one side raised up so that you can get on easier?

Another good point!

I know, you??????re very good in building with supports! All plattforms will come seperated so you have the ability to build your own and only using the "ride-model".
I also remember the discussion with the small "ferris-wheel" ;) I can??????t make hundred versions of everyones favourite.. but i think a changeable plattform and a "stand-alone" ride will solve all problems. So theming the rides shouldn??????t be the problem. Also the "Top" of a tower or the textures on it will be changable ;)

Nice greetings.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Magu78 wrote:
Another good point!

I know, you??????re very good in building with supports! All plattforms will come seperated so you have the ability to build your own and only using the "ride-model".
I also remember the discussion with the small "ferris-wheel" ;) I can??????t make hundred versions of everyones favourite.. but i think a changeable plattform and a "stand-alone" ride will solve all problems. So theming the rides shouldn??????t be the problem. Also the "Top" of a tower or the textures on it will be changable ;)

Nice greetings.

Yeah magu I think that's definitely the way forward - after all the actual operating bit of the ride is the most important part!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Lifesign: Yup! You??????re all right. It unfortunatly will take some more time. The good story behind: The custom car park make small steps forward ;)

Stay tuned :D

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
any new rides coming soon? I really love this stuff!

any chance you will do a tutorial on how to make 3D objects?
if not, any suggestions on an easy program for a beginner to use and learn? I just want to do simple things like maintenance buildings and food stands.
Plantoris

afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points
Try sketchup is very easy if you follow some tutorial series on yt. You can learn some basics stuff that you could use for your projects

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
plantoris wrote:
any new rides coming soon? I really love this stuff!

any chance you will do a tutorial on how to make 3D objects?
if not, any suggestions on an easy program for a beginner to use and learn? I just want to do simple things like maintenance buildings and food stands.

He's been employed by the NL team to create new flat rides to be shipped out as updates so I would expect so :D

Don't think anyone has said it so Magu if you're still checking the forums - CONGRATS!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

OF COURSE i??????m still checking the forums =)

Thank you plantoris and my apologize for the lag of updates. Got a bit sick in the last few weeks (another crash of the equilibrium organ) but i??????m on the way of better days already!

If you??????re fresh and new, try blender, sketchup, anim8or, wings 3D or another free modeler (if you??????re looking for some free stuff). Try them out and decide which one you??????re comfortable with.

Every programm has it??????s up and down thumbs ;)

Sidenote:
If you??????re working with sketchup, there are four things: Take a look at the monochrome face style and avoid blue (back) faces at visible - outside views and go into the model to delete all faces which nobody will/can ever see.
Try to avoid to use the default 24 edges when it comes to circles and for smoothed faces, you need another programm to texture the round shapes right. As afro85 said already, there are tons of tutorials on youtube!

For a beginner it is good to start with something small and easy.
As you said, you want to model maintance and food stalls .. that??????s a real good start!
There are three things which are important:

Scaling
NoLimits using very accurate measures, so the models should be also measured how the real ones. Of course this could be vary when it comes to special desings. The best way to do it is, to get a feeling of scaling by importing and watching how the model looks near a coaster (or a station) ;) There are some measures for doors, windows, railings and such things which you can find by a researching through the web.

Face / Polycount
Try to beat down the polycount! From the beginning! It??????s sometimes hard to decide which details are important and which ones are not. The most issues are double sided faces and round shapes with thousand of faces! You can safe a lot of faces with the smoothing/welding function if it comes to round shapes. Also: try to set a main focus on round shapes. A big arch should have more edges as a small one. It??????s also good to know where the main focus is based on, the details should be pointed out and not messed up. Less polycount can also be: more details if you find a good balance!

Textures
Models are looking good with colors but they??????re coming to life with textures! There are two ways: Searching for royality free textures (or http://www.cgtextures.com) in the web or making your own ones with gimp (free) or photoshop. Even if your own textures aren??????t really fancy stuff at the beginning, if you??????re able to make your own textures,.. it will be paid out at the end!
The last important thing about textures are the size! They all should have the power of two, 2x2, 64x64, ...., 512x512 and so on. Small details = small textures .. large areas = large textures. Use large textures wisely and try to compensate them at a good level.

Texturing is an art by itself..

I think, if you following this three rules, the making of models will be easy and the right way for the future. There are always things to improve and to optimize. Even IF some user having high-end pc??????s .. there are a LOT of people which are having totally normal machines and they all would be happy if the models running just fine beside the awesome coasters! It??????s everytime a good idea to ask if it could be better done. There are a lot of great projects out there, but the most of them could need some scene-optimizing. Most of them could reduce the polycount 50 - 70 % if it would be done right. I??????ve learned that by my own. A good and optimized scene will also mean: moah coastah fun and a smooth running park!

All other stuff is learning by doing, .. and some talent :D I hope this mini-tutorial will help you! And the others, too.

The last important edit-note is: DO NOT rush yourself!!! It will be done, when it??????s done and the best way is to do one thing at a time.

Nice greetings and a great weekend! =)

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Great stuff Magu!
And cause I never said it before, CONGRATS on being employed by NoLimits! Can't wait to see the flat rides you come up with!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Incredible that Magu's now one of NL staff! Our best example! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yep! Really shows people from the community can really get involved in the actual development of the game!

I am still wanting to use the paratrooper ride in my Jamp Up Land. I hope it is ready to be released soon.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Thank you guys =) If needed i??????ll update some important things for modeling, when i figured them out, would be cool to see more scenery which is optimized and the better the 3ds.. the bigger the park :D

@cool5 & TTD03: Well, i recently stopped to work on some of the rides. I really can??????t say when it will be ready. Sorry for that.

Nice greetings!

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting