Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting Magu's - Scenery Madness [...]

Magu's - Scenery Madness [...]

Post your Nolimits 2 scripts here! Also any discussion regarding scription for NoLimits Coaster 2 should be placed in this forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
Good morning!

I made a small, needed break but slowly i??????ll continue the work. Thank you all for your patience and of course the inspirations in this conversation! I??????ll start to work on a more advanced Kamikaze ride today.

Could someone maybe help me with a formula for calculate a hydraulic-system? =) I need to calculate the vectors for the right moving of the two parts.

Nice greetings!

:D

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Welcome back!
If you take a look at this track
That's the best hydraulic I have seen, see what you can piece from that.

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Welcome back! I agree, Heretic is a great example for a hydraulic! :)

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I want to petition for Magu78 to teach 3ds master class!
Plantoris

Thank you TTD03! I should have said " a hydraulic - system for a flatride " not a launch :D But i??????ll look into the script, maybe i get the idea behind =)

Thanks RCT3rox! ;)

@plantoris: Oh yeah, that would be fun.. but at the moment not realistic, since i haven??????t much time for plan such an important event. Thank you!

Today i spend my time on modeling that Kamikaze..
The first model was too tall and the second,...
Kamikaze-V1-byfreefall.jpg
...is not ready yet.. but i made some progress.

Inclusive working (rotation) gears. If you??????re not happy with the colors, you can easily change the textures by replacing them ;)

Nice greetings!

You "can make" even things that aren??????t real yet. But time is the enemy. I want to concentrate to realese my stuff soon as possible. Maybe i??????ll return to this later. I really love those solid and classic rides, please don??????t get me wrong.. but to model such a "simple" looking ride cost also time ;) ...that i don??????t have at the moment =)

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Haha that's sick :D

Great stuff yet again Magu! Hope you find out how to do that script :)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Awesome as always Magu,
I would melt into butter if you came out with a real working hydraulic launch and moving winch.

Thank you mkingy!!! ...yes,.. a Kamikaze ride knows always how to impress :D

Yeah TTD03! .. but that??????s not my "buisness" .. i think i have to left some things to the other clue and creative heads of the community ;)

Kamikaze-V2-1-byfreefall.jpg
...tall and nasty!

...only some small changes ;) The lateral reinforcements are a bit too weak .. and some other details are not that good as they could be. But it??????s in a good condition.

Kamikaze-V2-2-byfreefall.jpg
... :D

Sign of quality ? ... YOU DECIDE!

...stay tuned!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I think it would be totally up your alley, you would just have to script like a circle thing on a winch to simulate the winch moving, and then cables and catchcar,
Clearly, I have no idea about any of this, so I suppose you could be right about this not being up your alley.

^ ..thank you very much! =) Maybeeee... i??????ll make a test.

Some people will think "what the heck takes so much time until it??????s ready".. the answer of this question is: I??????ll go forward like the Enterprise Crew.. unseen places and untouched space.. most space is touched now, since...

...i??????ve figured out now -> how to turn the lights ON! (washed my hands before i touched everything!) ;)

EDIT:

Nice greetings,
Magu (freefall)

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Beautiful Tomahawks and Space Shot with a unique rotating ride sign that seems to be hovering in the dark! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Awesome!
Do these rides make the FPS take a hit though at night with the lights?

Thank you guys =)

At first i have to tell you, that i need a small break.
The release of the rides will take a while.
But i??????ll still stay on "stand by" if someone having a question or something else ;)
I see already a few parks (or projects) which using the released rides.

Maybe there is something that you don??????t like at all?
If i can do something better, feel free to give me a hint on what it is.
That would be great!

@TTD3:
I have a really "normal" PC and testing all the rides multiple times and nearly every day. I??????ll do a test the next days how they??????re react with multiple coaster a park.
All i can say is, that i have over 10 flatrides in one park and it isn??????t lagging. Inclusive all the blinking and lights. And that even yet.. where the rides aren??????t optimized as they will be.

I hit the magic horizon where i can say that i have enough flatrides to release one / every day.. but i think it??????s better to not rush something that isn??????t as good as it could be =)

Nice greetings! :D

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

I would like to request a couple things.

- food/game stalls/stands(like the ones in the demo are awesome)
- more classic flat rides, tilt a whirl, scrambler, CAROUSEL.
- Dinosaurs alive :lol: j/k

just some ideas :)
Plantoris

A falling star is a nice idea. It??????s a unique ride!
I already made a "Rainbow" but a falling star would be cool =)
Rainbow-byfreefall.jpg
Rainbows over the sky...

For the food Stalls, how about this one:
D-Point-Snacks.jpg

- more classic flat rides, tilt a whirl, scrambler, CAROUSEL.

A scrambler is already in the works.. also a carousel. But the carousel will be a long time project ;) I never modeled small horses and it??????s not that easy :D
The tilt a twirl is tricky. I really don??????t know if i can make one, because of the movements.

...nice greetings.

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
Gyroswing? If you haven't made one yet. These are amazing quality and really realistic! I'm blown away :D

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

he did make a gyroswing look in the thread somewhere.

and that food stand is perfect! got a couple more for variety? ;)
Plantoris

Thank you guys. The actual Gyro-Swing is coming back home (to the MGrides company) to get a refab ;) It??????s quiet a popular ride so it deserves more "love". The ride has some small scaling issues and the seats are outdated.
There are somewhere also leaked some plans for a *Giant Frisbee 55*. And i know the MGrides Amusement??????s will think about the smaller one which is build by Intamin. Maybe it will be a collection of all styles of Gyro-Swings. Since these rides are awesome, fun and always nice to look at (behind or in front of a coaster).

The Rainbow will getting some major changes, at a later date.

As i said, i??????m working on optimizing this rides to make them *lightweight* as possible.
That will need a bit of time. I had put together all the rides in one park and even without optimizing the rides doing well. Ole did a great and awesome job with NL2 (and the engine) to make this possible.

All rides are scripted, up and running at the same time and even that works.
I never ever thought i??????ve would come that far xD But i??????m there and still hungry for more ;)

At the moment i also have optimized the work-flow and have a template script where i can "loadSOE my rides in". Of course the texturing is another thing but if the ride isn??????t too complex i??????m able now to produce a first version of a ride in one day. Which was one of my goals.

The optimizing of the polygons/rides will use the clipping function in NL2. Some seats will using LOD??????s. The important parts of the rides will be visible at all times, so even a look at a far distance will guarantee that you??????ll see the movements of the parts.

There is much room left but also much work to do. With every point i hit, i??????ll learn new things which are important and good for the performance on every (especially weaker) pc??????s. Many thoughts gone into this project and many more will.

I know the lag of other scenery as flatrides, but i think it??????s better if i??????m concentrating on these and some additional scenery later. I also can??????t give you a release date for anything, since the rides are on a complex level and if i look at my first ones, i don??????t want to give something out which isn??????t is good as a standard-quality.

Also there aren??????t pictures, yet. Because i know, with the new "look" of the rides ... there will be coming release requests (*smiling ;) ). But i??????ll try to give you small hints.. what will coming to your NoLimits-World ;)

Thank you all for using my rides, your patience and your understanding :D

Nice greetings.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Great update Magu - good to hear you've started to streamline your design process - important real life skill :D

Definitely looking forward to the smaller scale Gyro Swing (ala Drayton Manor I presume). Being from UK all these big rides look a bit out of place around my small scale designs haha.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
I wouldn't mind a tilt tower ride, like in rct3 and the one in real life if it's still running

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting