Board index Public Relations Site Related MAJOR UPDATE - DETAILS HERE

MAJOR UPDATE - DETAILS HERE

Posts that are directly related to the site.

Post April 16th, 2004, 2:11 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

As you can see, both the sites have received a major update both layout wise and functionality wise and a few new features. Rest assured that the update you see now is going to be here for a while. We have worked on this for a few months. it's taken us so long because we have real lives to deal with and sometimes we would go weeks without even touching the coding. Also I had to do bug testing to make sure everything worked fine as it should. Here's a list of features in no specific order of importance:
message icons - place message icons to id what your post is about or add a mood to it per say
trivia - test your knowledge skills in this trivia where you are asked questions and you answer them in the form of a quiz. You are timed and the one who gets the most correct in the least amount of time will get X amount of points added to their account after the closing of the quiz.
points system - we added a points system which awards you points when posting a new topic, posting a reply, posting a poll and what not, gives you a predetermined amount of points. Will also add this to the exchange as soon as I find the time. With these points you can buy cool things such as username glow as seen by my username here. You can change your titlew, you can buy a new avatar which you'll link to, you can donate points to other users, you can also buy titles for other people. Remember if you buy a title for someone else, to keep it clean, offensive or degrading titles will be removed and you will be penalized with points being removed from you. Best of all you can buy a staff person a title.
new layout: I feel coastercrazy.com got the better look. coastercrazy.com has a dual effect, you can chose between a flash header or a graphic header. Simply edit your profile and chose which header type you would like. This option is not available for coastercrazy.com.
hover colors - when on the main forums page there's a hover color for the table cells, neat looking effect.
birthdays - you can see which birthdays are upcoming, which are todays and recent birthdays on the main forums page as well near the bottom.
exchange - received a minor face lift and was recoded so it could be more effective for the server.
details page - I made some change, can't remember what, most likely a staff change [:p]
battle tactics - a new forum for you to challenge other users to battle / duel tracks with you for X amount of points.
forums / exchange / etc: more smilies were added, a lot more, just chose along which you like [:)]
other games: we also have other online playable games, mostly flash. These games are say, for when you get tired of the coaster games, to relax and play some of these other games. Click the "other games" link in the menu or submenus that appear.

Well, that is all I can remember right now. Please navigate the sites thoroughly and let me know of any problems you encounter. Any errors, any error messages. Any oddities, any broken links, any broken images, missing images etc.
I would like to thank the people that donated money towards the site, all the money donated is used for the websites exclusively and not pocketed. Either it goes to pay for hosting or site updates. I would like to thank redbrad0 our master coder, I would like to thank altisdesign another master coder, I would like to thank server hacker, another master coder, uhmm gargoyle, another good coder, I would like to thank anthon.jon and hakan for their graphical and flash work here. I would like to also thank Snitz for providing the free set of forums. If it wasn't for snitz, this site would not exist. And for all members of other sites that say free forums are crap, a big ol haha at you. Look at us now. Anyway. Thanks to all the members here as well, you're what keeps this site going. This site costs a lot of money, hundreds a month, but is provided free to you from our behalf. Thanks again to the people who have donated, you are most welcomed.
Well, enjoy the site and please provide me with your feed back, I want to see what you think.
WeeWeeSlap

feel free to donate to weeweeslap@coastercrazy.com using paypal [:D]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,149.00 Points
Wow. Yeah, the site looks really sweet. Thanx everybody who supported this site to make at look so good!!!

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Wow! I dont know what to say. Simply amazing. Well done to all of the people who put work into this update. Thanxs Guys and Gals.

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:26 pm

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

congrates on the going live wws, done nicely. Good job, got to see it early [;)] have fun everyone.

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:40 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Originally posted by Bino Maus

Just one question: Where is the Chat?

Bino

top right, under PM's

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:46 pm

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:53 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

top right, you might have to scroll over a little, its right to the right of the header.

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
I dont have any menu right of the header. I don't have anything that says to login, to logout, or where the chat and profile edit buttons are. Sometimes I do, but 90% of the time it's not there. Why?[dunno]

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,149.00 Points
Hmmm. That's strange. I am getting it all the time. Also, the points system is so awesome!!! Thanx everyone!

Post April 16th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I think Bino Maus means coastercrazy, there is nothing to enter the chat there...

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:05 pm

No, I dont have any members menu like the old WWS used to have.

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:05 pm

Just visit www.coastercrazy.com Bino. I cant see why you visit Coaster Crazy. Unless you like the layout better there.

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:07 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Cpfan2008

I dont have any members menu like the old WWS used to have.

its at the bottom of the page

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:10 pm

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:11 pm

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:23 pm

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Originally posted by Bino Maus

Just one question: Where is the Chat?

Bino

Yeah, I wanna know that too.

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,872.00 Points

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:26 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,575.00 Points

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:32 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
WOW, this it the best forum i have ever seen, good job you guys!!!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
so how do i get points and what do i need them for?

Post April 16th, 2004, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by Master_of_Puppets

The chat is in the upper right...

Not for CoasterCrazy [dunno]

Next

Return to Site Related