Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Massive Storm hits Cedar Point

Massive Storm hits Cedar Point

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post April 1st, 2004, 7:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,430.00 Points
Last night, a tornado hit Cedar Point. It knocked down almost all of Blue Streak, Jr. Gemini is in pieces, Millennium Force's first hill and overbanks are severely damaged, TTD's track is partially knocked off, Raptor lost most of the helix,Mantis' loop is bent, the Disaster Transport building is cracked, Wicked Twister is "bent" out of shape, Mean Streak lost some track, Gemini lost a lot of track, Wildcat got takin down, Woodstock Express is down, Cedar Creek Mine Ride is barely intact. Iron Dragon has severly bent track, The Corkscrews' corkscrews are partially gone, and Magnum XL-200 is severely damaged, even missing some track. This may close the park all season.

Post April 1st, 2004, 8:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,740.00 Points

Post April 1st, 2004, 8:48 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

you shouldn't of said that, extreme, it would've been funny to see the responce's of people who did beliese it[lol]

<<GRIM>>

Post April 1st, 2004, 9:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

tornados can't occor in ohio and if they do they are rare so its like D-UH

and yaa april fools hahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhaha

Post April 1st, 2004, 10:00 pm
bockzilla User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 140.00 Points

Tornados do occur in Ohio and they are not that rare. Remember Xenia OH. When I was working in Solon OH we had a tornado come through. It ripped off part the roof of the Stouffer's 13 story freezer where my mom worked as a cook. No one got hurt thankfully. Also Cedar Point did have a tornado/wind sheer that ripped up part of the Mine Ride quite a few years back. I do not remember exactly when it occured but the first hill was redesigned because of it. So it can happen.

Nice try on the April Fools joke!

Post April 1st, 2004, 11:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

I forgot were, but they had a few photos of gemini with a water spout in the background. It happened in 1998.

Post April 2nd, 2004, 12:18 am

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Oh...my...God...

Did you really expect ANYONE to believe that...so amazingly unbelievable, you don't even need to read the post itself...the title is the tip-off.

Post April 2nd, 2004, 12:19 am
bockzilla User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 140.00 Points

Tornado destroys Cedar Point boat dock in downtown Sandusky

A tornado strikes the northwest tip of the Cedar Point peninsula. It moved across Frontiertown and Camper Village and then out over Lake Erie. Five rides were damaged including Shoot-the-Rapids, CP&LE Railroad, and the Cedar Creek Mine Ride. The storm hit at 7:45pm and, although the park was open, all rides were shut down. At Camper Village, 15 cars were damaged or destroyed and, in Frontier Town, several dozen trees were uprooted. Also in Frontier Town several buildings were damaged including the Jitney Arcade and the Emporium. A portion of trees that were scheduled to be removed for the construction of Gemini were also uprooted. The park opened the next day with 50 of the 55 rides operated and Frontier Town closed. A total of 15 people were injured (June 30)

The above information and other stuff about Cedar Point's timeline can be found at http://www.virtualmidway.com/history/timelineall.asp

Post April 2nd, 2004, 7:14 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,103.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yeah, but, think about it for a second. You could have made a more realistic scenario, I mean if there was a tornado at Cedar Point, which lets face it isn't very likely, then why would it hit every ride, surely it would travel in a straight line like any other tornado and not go in all different directions hitting every ride. Also, I mean come on, If you think that a tornado would "bend" the track of mantis and wicked twister, you need to find a new school [lol]. next year, try not to make it so obvious, lol.

Post April 2nd, 2004, 9:04 am

That was a pretty weak April fools joke. Make it more realistic, and say that the tornado went close to the edge of the penninsula, and hit meanstreak [:)] or something.

Post April 2nd, 2004, 12:05 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
[lol]a tornado destroyed top trill dragster, the tornado followed the whole track. It did waited 5 sec on the launch plate. Then it launched over the whole track! and it dissapeared on the brakes [lol]

[lol]sounds funny[lol]

Post April 3rd, 2004, 1:28 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
lol, i belived it for the first second or two, then once you started saying the amount of damage it got unrealistic.. then the tornado just happened to hit every coaster, without leaving a mark on the other buildings? lol and only damaging raptor's helix?! lol, the dam thing would have to destroy half the ride before it can even expose the helix. the only thing belivable in there is that bluestreak was gone. lol nice try, but it was soo unrealistic that it gave itself away

Post April 3rd, 2004, 1:43 am

Points on hand: 2,647.00 Points
i didnt read itmore than a few sentences becuase i got bored and decided it was too long but since everything disagrees with it i guess i will start dancing

Post April 6th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,508.00 Points
o.m.g a tornado killed 1 ov da best parks in da world devoed
i was planning on goin der and can ne1 tell me if its all goin to be fixed in timefor 2005

Post April 6th, 2004, 5:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by xxx_-_awshelkonmadeen_-_

o.m.g a tornado killed 1 ov da best parks in da world devoed
i was planning on goin der and can ne1 tell me if its all goin to be fixed in timefor 2005

lol, dude it was a joke.

Post April 6th, 2004, 6:11 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Post April 6th, 2004, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
lol, if a storm hit cp and did that much damage, it would probably permanantly close the park. they'd have no rides left!! lol so no, it wont be fixed in time for 2005. well, it can be fixed, but only with the toothfairy's help!

Post April 6th, 2004, 10:52 pm

(really off topic) The toothfairy just fixes teeth doesn't she?

Post April 8th, 2004, 10:08 am

Points on hand: 2,508.00 Points

Return to General Theme Park Discussions