Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Medium to Large scale unfinished projects

Medium to Large scale unfinished projects

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Howdy [:)]

People who have been around here for quite a while, will perhaps remember the days when I used to upload a new coaster every week, and do pretty good at it as well. They may also remember that over the last... 2 years? maybe? I have uploaded like 2 coasters, which is pitiful to say the least.

During this period of time, I have been farting about on NL starting hugely ambitious projects involving 3D's and amazing scenery etc etc. The problem with all this ambition, is that I somewhat lack the drive to carry out what I plan to do. I mainly lay a coaster out that has great potential, come to the stage of supporting/theming the ride and just lose all interest. As a result of this, my computer is littered with half finished medium to large scale projects that are simply left at the trackbuilding stage.

I am unsure why I feel this way atm, it's not as if I do not have the capability to carry this stuff out. I work as a Mechanical engineering designer, designing special purpose machinery, which by their very definition can be HUGELY complicated pieces of kit to design and to manufacture. This has given me a lot of confidence with 3D modelling and I am positive that I can create some fairly spectacular, intricate and beautiful 3D work... I just literally cannot be arsed! [lol]

The reason I'm posting this is to hopefully get some people drumming up some enthusiasm about a couple of the rides I've got on the go, so of which have been on the go since 2005! I'm hoping this in turn may give me some of the stimulus I need to finish some of these beggars off.

A couple of examples:

"Compact B&M Floorless 3"
Originally designed on paper, with a 3D's station and queue/exit areas. Unfortunately only the one picture, but it looks really stunning from some angles.
Current Progress: Layout/trackwork 90% complete.

"Dueler 2"
A large scale dueling coaster with intentions of a failry large 3D/coaster interacting landscape, with tunnels etc.
Current Progress: Layout/trackwork: 50% complete

"Mine Ride 1"
A fairly large Eurofighter. I had pretty big ambitions for this one, with the ride sitting in one giant 3D model, like we've seen with a few of these mine style rides. The layout of this has been changed more times than I can remember!
Current Prgoress: Layout/trackwork: 90% or 75% if I decide to change the layout again!

"Project Sphinx"
A seriously old project that I've had on the go for literally years now. Again, massive ambitions with this one with the ride sitting on top of, underneath and within one giant 3D Egyptian themed area of a park.
Current Progress: Layout/trackwork: 95% complete
3D work: 5% complete [lol]

"Terrained Hyper"
This is a very current project that I think I actually may complete in the near future. Orignally planned to have 3D station and queue area, with signage. Instead I have opted to try and construct something pretty good looking using only supports, going pretty well.
Current Prgoress:
Layout/trackwork: 100%
Support structure: 80%
Theming support structure: 75%

"Small Woody"
This is a small wooden coaster inspired by a real coaster, which I forget the name of now lol. This track is actually about as complete as complete could be, TConwell and jpecool even tested the thing about a year and a half ago to pretty good effect too. However, I just wanna add something to this ride, a nice environment or 3D station/queue area, but again, I simply don't feel motivated to.
Current Progress:
Layout/trackwork: 100%
Supports: 100%
That Something extra: ??%

"Other General Projects"
I literally have hundreds more of these, and that isn't an exaggeration either. Most of them are compact B&M floorless coasters.

This is just a small cross section of the stuff I've got lying around. I'd imagine there's other people in a similar situation!

Basically, any of the projects stand out, just from the pictures? Anyone of them you think I should try to devote more time to, to try and get a completed track with 3D's and all?

I need help, I'm a serial track-uncompleter [V]

Post June 20th, 2008, 7:59 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post June 20th, 2008, 8:15 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
PLEASE upload that terrained hyper. Ive GOT to have it!!!

Post June 20th, 2008, 8:16 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
A lot of those are great. I say you arse your way though (making them good) and release them all on consecutive days for people to drool over for a continuous week.[:)]
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 20th, 2008, 11:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Dare I even make enough screenshots to show the rides Ive got "in progress"

Post June 21st, 2008, 1:05 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
hey, i think pretty much all of those look pretty good.
you should slowly start to finish them and start putting one up a week or something.
i wish i could get out of my damn coaster slump, i got out of it just long enough to post haggard, otherwise im right back to where i was before haggard.
so i think you should try to see what you can do with those rides.
looks like youve already put some great work into those.
go for it, lol.

Post June 21st, 2008, 8:19 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

I'd like to see the Intamin Hyper finished, that looked interesting.

Post June 21st, 2008, 8:25 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Real, tell me about it, if I'd taken a screenshot of every single one, I think the page would have taken about four decades to load up on an 8GB line [lol]

I'm pretty sure the terrained hyper will be uploaded in the not too distant future, I have put quite a lot of work into that, albeit sporadically, it looks pretty good atm.

I wish I could just sit and get on with one project until it was done, but I just can't! I would love to see the Mine themed Eurofighter finished though myself, but I've gotta get round to using the object creator

Post June 21st, 2008, 8:52 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Hey, and I thought I was the only one. [lol]
At least you get further than me, I usually stop after the lift hill.

Post June 21st, 2008, 8:54 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

You don't always have to add objects, if a ride is good, it'll beat all the n00b tracks that week whether it has 3ds or not.

Post June 21st, 2008, 9:20 am

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
[lol]I have hundreds of these half completed coasters.

Either too lazy to continue or the ride just doesn't catch my attention.

Post June 21st, 2008, 9:33 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I know you don't HAVE to add 3D's and the like, but I've had years of building tracks and supporting them and uploading them, I've kind of reached a point where that to me just seems a little, unfinished. I probably will one day just upload a zip file with all the supported ones in [lol]

Post June 27th, 2008, 12:56 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p4268

More pictures added to the terrained hyper project, it's coming along quite well considering my laziness [:)]

Post June 27th, 2008, 1:00 pm
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Looking good Gouldy, can;t wait to see some of your work in the exchange!

Post June 27th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Ha, Gouldy, your post is the story of my life. I feel you man.

Post June 27th, 2008, 3:50 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Sounds like everyone has this problem. I start tons of coasters but I barely finish them. When it comes to supporting i'd usually stop and start on a new one.
I'm not going to post some of my rides, same reason as gouldy. It would take way too long to load every screenshot of every project [lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to Hard Hat Area