Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Medusa SFGAdv to get Transformation![now open! p5]

Medusa SFGAdv to get Transformation![now open! p5]

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 120.00 Points
It has been announced!
Six Flags Great Adventure Announces
New Attraction for 2009 Season

October 23, 2008 - Jackson, NJ - Six Flags Great Adventure, recognized for its award-winning collection of thrill rides, today unveiled plans to dramatically transform the world's first floorless, looping coaster, Medusa. The Medusa redesign will deliver a multi-sensory ride experience with all-new thematics and innovative, state-of-the-art visual, audio and sensory effects launching it into another dimension of thrills and excitement.

"Since it opened in 1999 as the world's first floorless coaster, Medusa has been a fan favorite," said Mark Kane, Six Flags Great Adventure Park President. "This redesign will take one of the park's most popular attractions to the next level. A similar transformation of the X2 coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Los Angeles has received widespread acclaim and we expect the relaunch of this ride to shatter that response. It will be a must-ride experience."

Six Flags Great Adventure continues to push the envelope - going far beyond traditional coasters to offer thrill seekers the exhilaration of a roller coaster combined with unique storytelling and high tech elements incorporating fire, fog, water and precisely orchestrated audio production designed to assault the senses for a world class "show" on a roller coaster.

Unlike traditional coasters, Medusa trains are floorless, giving riders the sensation of flying as their feet dangle above the track. The B&M coaster is one of 13 coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure and has delivered more than 9 million rides since its debut. Guests can take advantage of the last chance to experience Medusa's original Greek mythology theme during the remaining days of Fright Fest. Compelling details of Medusa's multi-dimensional ride transformation will be revealed as Spring 2009 draws near.

Guests can experience all that Six Flags Great Adventure has to offer all season long with a 2009 Season Pass. A Season Pass offers guests unlimited visits to the theme park and Wild Safari and pays for itself in less than two visits. When purchasing a Season Pass, guests receive a coupon book featuring more than $300 in special offers including free concerts and five Bring-A-Friend-Free tickets for selected days. A Season Pass can be used at all Six Flags Theme Parks throughout the country and is available for purchase online at Sixflags.com/greatadventure for only $84.99. Guests who buy a 2009 Season Pass now can use it the remainder of the 2008 season to experience all the thrills and chills of Fright Fest.

http://www.ibtimes.com/prnews/20081023/nj-six-flags-new-09.htm
Last edited by jdclga on May 22nd, 2009, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 23rd, 2008, 7:10 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Sounds interesting. We'll see how everything tie in!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 23rd, 2008, 7:14 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
So slap some new paint and a tunnel on it and it's a new coaster?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 23rd, 2008, 7:47 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post October 23rd, 2008, 8:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,396.00 Points
there is now paint on some spots of the track that is royal blue.

Post October 23rd, 2008, 9:10 pm
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

Im glad, Medusa (easily one of the best ride in the park) is in some deep need of some TLC.
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post October 23rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Originally posted by medusa99

You know how?
It hasnt even been open this week??
and i was there last friday and nothing has been done.
I will probably see tomorrow if i go.

But if thats true-blue= hotness haha

Post October 23rd, 2008, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,257.00 Points
Having been on Medusa and every other ride in SFGA, I think this is a pretty good idea. I wouldn't want the track to change, but the colors and a lot of scenery would do really nice to Medusa. I'm looking foward to riding this next year.[:)]

Post October 23rd, 2008, 10:54 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I'm definately down with this change...Medusa's a fun ride but not *terribly* exciting relative to some of the other rides in the park. I think this can only improve the ride.

Post October 24th, 2008, 5:37 am

Points on hand: 1,575.00 Points
but will it be a huge change or only other colours or some bits of the track will be changed... what is going to happen to it?

Post October 24th, 2008, 10:23 am

i worked at the park for 5 years a supervisor so i know a lot of people and i heard that they where powerwashing some track and testing royal blue

Post October 24th, 2008, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 952.00 Points
I'm okay with themeing but don't take away the name Medusa, it is a great name and you can do alot with themeing to that name.

Post October 24th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

I can't wait! This ride is perfect for this transformation. I will get myself over to Six Flags Great Adventure next year to ride this.

Post October 24th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

It is nice to see Six Flags doing some fixing up of some of the older coasters.

Post October 26th, 2008, 10:36 pm

Lies..i went today.not one spot of royal blue... nice try though.

Post October 27th, 2008, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
It is nice for the coasters to get some TLC, but doesn't it seem like they're simply trying to just refurbish old coasters and not concentrate on getting new, cool designs and keeping things fresh? or is it just me?

Post October 27th, 2008, 11:30 pm

Points on hand: 571.00 Points
i'm tired of six flags changing the rides that they already have. i was really disappointed the last time i went there. they have taken out a lot of rides and their park is really starting to look crappy. if they are going to renovate anything, it needs to be the park in general. they also need to take care of their rides better. hopefully they will take care of medusa after they change it. it sounds like poop throughout the ride. hopefully this will be more successful than the dark knight, not that they have to do much to beat that.

Post October 28th, 2008, 12:08 am

Yep, I went Sunday, no blue at all. I looked at all of the track that's visible from the queue, lift, and ride. Nothing. Possible it was painted on a side that isn't visible from those spots, but I highly doubt it.

Post October 28th, 2008, 1:49 am

i worked at the park for 5 years a supervisor so i know a lot of people and i heard that they where powerwashing some track and testing royal blue

they were testing it! that means that they probably painted it and then washed it off. they are being tight lip about this project so they probably wouldn't leave a part of the track blue. you guys are just bashing the dude. if he saw it, he saw it.

Post October 28th, 2008, 2:16 am

You guys? I just said I didn't see it. Where do you see any bashing?

Not everything you read on the internet is true...

Post October 28th, 2008, 2:31 am

Originally posted by dcs221

You guys? I just said I didn't see it. Where do you see any bashing?

Not everything you read on the internet is true...

i wasn't directing this to you in particular. and i completely agree that not everything on the internet is true. but everyone has just been commenting about the blue paint.

Post October 28th, 2008, 12:38 pm

its just a spot its not like when they tested the purple for batman the ride for all we know it might not be paint or the color. it could just be some sort of primer i was just letting people know to keep an eye out.

Post November 1st, 2008, 4:23 pm

whats that after the block breaks????? i see blue do you???

Post November 1st, 2008, 5:55 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Post November 1st, 2008, 6:00 pm

Isn't that bad if the blocks break? Maybe that'll be fixed for Medusa V2?

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!