Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Michigan's Adventure 2017

Michigan's Adventure 2017

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 26th, 2016, 6:50 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
More Splash Coming in 2017

New thrills will be coming to Michigan???s Adventure in 2017 with the addition of a new water park attraction that is sure to excite families and young children.

Half Pint Paradise will be completely revamped with all new equipment including seven new children???s slides. In addition, a new Splash Pad will offer a variety of interactive water play features shaped to reflect a sailboat navigating through fish, a sea serpent, and other sea creatures to stimulate the imagination for kids of all ages. Dumping water structures and bubbling geysers surround the features and make playtime exciting to the delight and engagement of younger park goers.

The Beach Party and Half Pint Paradise areas will be reconfigured so that guests can move easily between the two family play areas with improved visibility. This will offer families with small thrill seekers the opportunity to concentrate their fun into an area designed just for them. Additional seating with shaded areas, plus private cabanas offer both relaxation and comfort for families seeking summertime fun!

The new addition to the park will also allow for a new entrance to Funnel of Fear making navigation of the waterpark easier for everyone.

Michigan???s Adventure is the largest amusement park and water park in Michigan offering over 60 rides and attractions for thrill seekers of all ages.

Now is the best time to purchase a 2017 season pass at the lowest price of the season. Guests who purchase a 2017 season pass before the park closes for the season can enjoy one free visit in 2016.

Michigan???s Adventure and WildWater Adventure are open daily through September 5. Michigan???s Adventure will be open for one additional weekend on September 10 & 11.

https://www.miadventure.com/what-s-new/new-for-2017

Post August 26th, 2016, 1:54 pm

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
Some users on another coaster site (can't remember which one) are speculating that these new additions are coming from the WWK closure...or at least the deck chairs and cabanas. Wonder if the actual slides will be recycled in the same manner?

Post October 23rd, 2016, 9:26 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

The trick track on Shivering Timbers has been replaced by an airtime hill. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this means that there is no trick track left in the world.
thumb_img_20161020_135851.jpg
Photo from TPR.

Post October 24th, 2016, 2:26 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I think that is correct
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 24th, 2016, 3:31 am

Points on hand: 7,716.00 Points
VF15 wrote:
The trick track on Shivering Timbers has been replaced by an airtime hill. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this means that there is no trick track left in the world.

That trick track looked fun... Too bad. :/

Post October 24th, 2016, 6:13 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
What a bummer, even though it was the least fun part of the ride.

VF15 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this means that there is no trick track left in the world.

There is still the Togo Standup that moved from Canada to Italy:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post October 24th, 2016, 6:26 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
El Loco at Adventuredome and Thunder Dolphin both have trick track, but no more wooden coasters have it. The last ones were Mega Zeph and Villain.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post October 24th, 2016, 6:53 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Dirk_Ermen wrote:
What a bummer, even though it was the least fun part of the ride.

VF15 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this means that there is no trick track left in the world.

There is still the Togo Standup that moved from Canada to Italy:

I stand corrected. ;)

Post October 24th, 2016, 7:07 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
VF15 wrote:
That trick track looked fun... Too bad. :/

Eh it's one of those things that was fun for 3 seasons and then not lol. Good for them not making it just straight track.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 24th, 2016, 9:39 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Mega Zeph still makes me want to shout "Darn, Katrina!" It's been abandoned for a long time... :sad:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post October 24th, 2016, 10:34 am

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
This should have happened years ago, though I'm upset I never got to ride a CCI trick track. It looks like there will be some crazy airtime on it. It would have been cool to see it banked to honor the previous design, but it will still be great.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post October 24th, 2016, 12:10 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Mystic Timbers has some nice new trick track.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post October 24th, 2016, 5:43 pm
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 375.00 Points
Bank: 431.00 Points
I apologize, but I am going to ignore everything about Trick Tracks for now.

In 2018, considering that MA gets a new coaster every 10 years, I'm sort of hyped. Cedar Fair could possibly spend a fraction of their budget on MA, so that would mean a new coaster for sure. If that doesn't happen, it's a flat ride. What I'm thinking of are these:

Flat Rides:
Zamperla Air Race

Gerstlauer Sky Roller

HUSS Troika

Mondial Frisbee

Roller Coasters:
Vekoma renovation of Thunderhawk (Similar to the Nor'Easter treatment, although this picture is not the Nor'easter being renovated)

Gerstlauer Infinity coaster (Similar to Monster?)

A coaster by Chance, similar to Lightning Run

And, the most unlikely of them all: An RMC T-rex.
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:
Some of the complaining people lived up to 200 Km away
That's a joke right? What complaint could they have possibly given?

They should only be allowed to complain about the coaster being built too far away from them.

Post October 24th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I would laugh out loud if this park got a coaster before Dorney, VF, and WoF considering it's probably the least visited of the bunch.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post October 24th, 2016, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
The closest thing they have to competition is Indiana Beach, and that's 200 miles away.

They ain't getting poop.

Post October 24th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

don't know if this park or Great Escape is more neglected. Dorney is in contention too, because while they get stuff from time to time, it's usually mediocre garbage. The Intamin 1st gen drop tower is the best coaster at that stupid place.

Technically Mega Zeph's still exists. Outside of that GCI has been doing banked hills lately that could sort of be considered tricktrack...the end of WL, Mystic Timbers, Joris all have them. GG also has a lot of sections that could be considered trick track.

Post October 24th, 2016, 8:52 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Jesus Christ none of these parks mentioned are neglected. I still don't understand how people still think that. Who exactly are they being neglected by? Themselves? (/end mini rant)
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post October 24th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
If you want to talk about a neglected park, look at Wild Adventures.

In the last 15 years, they've gotten a Vekoma kiddie suspended, and a Miler family coaster.

Post October 24th, 2016, 10:11 pm

Points on hand: 89.00 Points
It isn't really neglected, the park closes early in the season. A lot of locals don't even know it is owned by Cedar Fair.

Post October 24th, 2016, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
MagnumFreak25 wrote:
Jesus Christ none of these parks mentioned are neglected. I still don't understand how people still think that. Who exactly are they being neglected by? Themselves? (/end mini rant)
New ride additions for Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks more or less are decided by the chain, so they are the ones neglecting the park. Otherwise, a park like Dorney would have had a real new coaster years ago.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post October 25th, 2016, 5:12 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Dorney's last 3 major rides have been old relocations, as was MiA's, and Great Escape's last new big ride was the droptower from New Orleans in 2008.

Wild Adventures is a small regional park so it's almost excusable. MIA could be considered that, but Dorney is major market and Great Escape is in a huge summer vacation/camping area.

Post October 25th, 2016, 5:27 am

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Alright here's the thing. Great Escape I can almost let you say is neglected. Personally, it seems like a nice little park with th enough rides for its size. But if you want to call it neglected, fine because six flags does have control over what parks get what rides. Cedar fair however doesn't. Each park operates from their own budget like any independent park would. If any cf park hasn't had a coaster in a while it's because they don't have enough money for it or other attractions will bring them better profits. The only time cedar fair gives money to parks is when they want extreme growth from the parks that they could do own their own. For the most part though, cf parks operate like independent regional parks.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post October 25th, 2016, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ I'm curious as to what you feel about "Mt. Olympus Theme Park".
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post October 25th, 2016, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 89.00 Points
I wonder if in the Future MA could RMC Shivering Timbers?

Post October 25th, 2016, 3:00 pm
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 375.00 Points
Bank: 431.00 Points
T_Martin wrote:
I wonder if in the Future MA could RMC Shivering Timbers?

I was actually going to include that in my list, but sadly, I knew it was never going to happen. If so, I think it would be like Wicked Cyclone.
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:
Some of the complaining people lived up to 200 Km away
That's a joke right? What complaint could they have possibly given?

They should only be allowed to complain about the coaster being built too far away from them.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!