Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Mining Memories RCT2

Mining Memories RCT2

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 5th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Hello all...this is Pump, and I am here to present to you, my newest rct2 project...here are some screens, I have a total of about 7 rides so far. 5 of them are rollercoasters, there is a launched freefall, called Mineshaft, and the other one is a karting ride. There is one pre-made ride from the actual game itself, which is Calamity Mine. This project is looking to be very hopeful, thanks for your time here are the screens

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/ ... p/SCR7.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/ ... p/SCR6.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/ ... p/SCR5.jpg

Post February 5th, 2006, 5:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
thats pretty kool but im not a big fan of the mud everywhere just leave it grass it will look better and more like a park

Post February 5th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Thanks for your comment, but thats the whole mining theme, there will be some grass here and there of course, but most of it will be dirt.

Post February 5th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Points on hand: 5,173.00 Points

Your buildings are really "blocky," and the landscaping is very plain and flat. You might also want to put in more shrubs/bushes. Keep trying!

Tycoonman

Post February 5th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Post February 5th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,173.00 Points

Your supports are a little bit weird looking on the ride. You are probally better off placing them below the track itself. Your buildings are still "blocky", you might want to look at my work or De@no's work to get a feeling of what "unblockiness" is. Your land is still pretty flat too. You should try adding hills and ditches around the ride to give it a more natural feel. Also you need more diversity in your trees. It feels really bland at the moment. My coaster I'm working on (also located in this forum: Heka Gigantes) should have some pretty good ideas on how to place your foliage. Hope this helps!

Tycoonman

Post February 5th, 2006, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points

Post February 5th, 2006, 11:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post February 6th, 2006, 10:04 am

Post February 14th, 2006, 2:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Yeah, i'm with tycoonman. With a mine theme, the land shouldn't be even either. Just stick the wooden walls on and vary it a bit. It makes everything look better.

I realise that working with the wooden stuff makes it hard not to be blocky. Take a look at my green acres park (amongst others) to get a few ideas. There are definitely a lot of good things about this, but there is a lot of room for improvement too.

Return to Hard Hat Area