Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Model Rockets

Model Rockets

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 28th, 2004, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,367.00 Points
Is anyone into model rockets. I am. I have 8 rockets. Nine counting the one I'm building from scratch. So if you have any pointers on model rockety, just post a reply.
Last edited by trainboy on December 29th, 2004, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 28th, 2004, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

LOL, they're illegal where I live, one of my third grade teachers' sons accidently started a fire when he launched one and it landed on the hillside so now they are not allowed in the city I live in, oh well.

Post December 28th, 2004, 8:20 pm

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
I wanted to build some rockets myself but the money isn't there. You know!!!

Post December 28th, 2004, 8:37 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
dunno if there allowed here. Would be pretty cool imo [:)]

Post December 28th, 2004, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
I built one in 6th grade, and yeah rockets are fun. Im not into them any more then buying them at Walmart and shooting them, they are alot of fun tho. And trust me don't lay them flat and launch them, catches the grass on fire

Post December 28th, 2004, 11:08 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,575.00 Points

I used to have a collection of like 25 or 30 model rockets. I also had a model airplane. I just lost interest in it all after awhile.

Built one that held four "D" engines once... expensive to launch that thing. I also have one that is just over 6 feet tall. Um, I had one that had three stages, if you have staged rockets make sure you assemble the stages properly, it's not cool when it doesn't shed the section and the whole thing catches fire and blows up. Although it looks cool.

Um, don't use gunpowder instead of recovery wadding... don't soak your rockets in gas, causes the launch pad to go up in flames. Don't tie small animals to rockets, it makes them fly sideways. If you don't have proper ignition (igniter, launch controller) don't try lighting it with a cigarette lighter. Unless you have very quick hands and don't like the lighter.

All those things I told you not to do, I tried them. Shooting them sideways is cool though, we had a target set up once and used booster stage engines trying to get bulls eyes. It's hard.

Have fun, since you will most likely lose interest over time and have a huge box full of crap you wonder what you wasted $ on that stuff for.

Post December 28th, 2004, 11:13 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Lol, i had some cool things that i did with rockets. I had an airplaine one that was a glider, built for B engine, so i put a D in it (it went far), actually, landed about 3 1/2 feet from hole 6 at the golf coures near by. Also put fins on a C engine with a code, that was sweet (never got it back). What is fun though is to take stuffed animals and put them under the rocket but above the launch plate. Sure it launches sideways and the stuffed inferno may hit you, but its all good.

Post December 29th, 2004, 8:25 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i think building some wings to a rocket would be a laugh.maybe it will fly longer...[:D]

Post December 29th, 2004, 10:46 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Built one that held four "D" engines once

lmao, oh man, your giving me some good ideas. I remember i bought this rocket off the internet and when i actualy got it, it was about 25cm long. I was pretty pissed off, so i stuck a D rocket in it and never saw it again. Anoher idea you shouldnt try is to launch a rocket that has only one fin on it. The rocket went crazy smashed into the ground skated along the floor at high speeds before smashing into a fence, left everyone watching running for there lifes....but was good fun

Post December 29th, 2004, 1:37 pm

Originally posted by shortkid422

What is fun though is to take stuffed animals and put them under the rocket but above the launch plate. Sure it launches sideways and the stuffed inferno may hit you, but its all good.

LOL!! That sounds like fun. Im inspired to raise the launch pad up and put firecrackers and bottle rockets underneath the launch pad. Hehe

Post December 29th, 2004, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,367.00 Points
I can't belive what you have done with model rockets. Just don't get hurt when you do it. Have fun. If you really get into it and have a good education, you can get a job at NASA. That's what some of the NASA people did.

Post December 29th, 2004, 6:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,687.00 Points
That sounds like a cool hobby. I live in Holland, they are probabaly legal over here, because you can do anything over here in the Netherlands, even weed is legal!!! I'm not into model rockets, I'm into Radio Controlled cars, I have a Traxxas T-maxx, I don't know if anybody knows what that is, but I'm thinking about selling it

Peter

Peter

Post December 29th, 2004, 11:07 pm

Originally posted by trainboy

I can't belive what you have done with model rockets. Just don't get hurt when you do it. Have fun. If you really get into it and have a good education, you can get a job at NASA. That's what some of the NASA people did.

lol were just in for the fun

Return to Off Topic Discussion