Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Monster - New at Adventureland Iowa in 2016

Monster - New at Adventureland Iowa in 2016

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Adventureland has announced the closure of the Log Ride and the opening of a new coaster from Gerstlauer called Monster in 2016!

From the park's Facebook page:
What???s new Wednesday! Big Announcement time!
Well Fans, you???ve heard about what we???ve done this winter and spring at the park to make our general appearance better, our food stands and admissions gate more efficient and our lodging more accommodating and interactive. It is our hope that whether it???s our hand breaded, golden fried chicken, our new 18 hole miniature golf course coming at the Inn, or something as basic as the rebuilt Dragon Island bridge, we at the Adventureland Resort continue to surpass your expectations of customer service and allow for the creation of family memories for years to come. Now, into the second generation of family operating the resort, we want our fans to know that the plaque with Ralph Waldo Emerson???s quote which has hung in our office for so long is not looked at so much as an ideal in hopes of being achieved someday, but an obligation that frames all of our decisions ??? ???Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.???
It is with that enthusiasm that we have the most significant announcement to make since the construction of Adventure Bay. But first, we have some news that we know will make many very sad. Labor Day weekend, 2015 will mark the last operating days for the beloved Log Ride. The Log Ride has been a park staple for decades ??? tens of thousands of photos, screams and splashdowns have been had on this ride, but all great things must eventually come to an end. We know that this was a fan (and personal!) favorite, but we want it to go out on it???s own terms. We encourage all of our fans to take advantage of this advance knowledge and get in your last ride. The Log Ride is over 40 years old, and while still structurally sound, technology for rides has advanced by leaps and bounds in that time period. It is requiring an enormous amount of upkeep and maintenance that isn???t feasible long term. We promise to provide our Fans with a suitable replacement, sooner rather than later.
So, like the mythological phoenix, from the Log Ride???s ashes, Adventureland is proud to announce the construction of ???The Monster???, our new steel roller coaster opening in June of 2016!! What???s The Monster?
See for yourself: https://youtu.be/lFbW5CcUh-k
With a 2500 foot steel track, 133 foot vertical lift hill, 5 inversions, a 101 degree first drop (that is steeper than anywhere in Iowa or our surrounding states) and 10 ???airtime??? moments - The Monster is sure to give you a thrilling scare! It will cross our existing Sky Ride 8 times and boasts the first negative-G stall loop in the western hemisphere!
We???ve been giving away a pair of tickets for the last three ???What???s new Wednesdays???, but this time, we???ve got something a little more spectacular to offer. ???Share??? this post by Friday, July 10th at noon central time and you will be entered to win not only four tickets the last day the Log Ride will operate AND the last ride on the Log Ride (maximum four people), but you will also receive two Season Passes for the 2016 season and???. Wait for it???. 2 seats on the official public inaugural ride on The Monster along with some new Monster gear! We???d like to note that with such an offer, there are some restrictions that apply which will be provided to the winner. If those restrictions limit out the original winner, a replacement will be chosen until a qualified winner is chosen.
Thank you for being a Fan of Adventureland. Everyone in the Adventureland Family strives each and every day to provide the cleanest, safest and friendliest atmosphere possible for all of our guests. We hope to continue to be the foremost family entertainment facility in Iowa for many more decades to come and we thank you for your continued support! Don???t forget - you have to SHARE this post on Facebook by noon on Friday July 10th to be eligible to win!

I was planning on taking a trip down there this summer since I've never been to Adventureland despite living only a few hours away, but I think I'll postpone until next year because this looks like a very fun coaster.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Hmmm might have to road trip this one.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Very excited for this! More excited this promo video was made in NL2!

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Yay another wide loop! Or, negative-G stall loop! Much closer to home! I'd roadtrip to this one in a heartbeat--I've never been on a Gerstlauer Eurofighter or whatever they're calling these now. This is a great layout.

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Ooh it's nice Gerstlauer's starting to add their wat-loops to other coasters. :3 Looks like a really twisted layout!
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
My coworker and I were gonna drive there this summer. It's 3 hours from me. Definitely going next year though haha this looks awesome.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Take notes Lake Compounce. This is what we want.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Whoa, squashed element again, then this "Monster" with a 101 degree drop, desperately wants to do battle with the launched Junker! :)
Last edited by lol240 on July 8th, 2015, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

It's nice that Gerstlauer is remaking their original Eurofighter model. This looks great and hopefully that hill in the middle of the loop will have massive air.

I didn't even know this park existed until now. :lol:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

I become more and more excited for this with each passing moment! Even if Valleyfair doesn't get a 2016 coaster, I'll have this to look forward to! Studying the layout, it looks really intense, especially the helix cork finale. I'm putting in on my watch list for 2016 up with Taron and Mako :P

Ugh, and a fast airhill. This is taller and steeper than Speed, which I've always wanted to ride. All of the elements are gonna be strong and epic. I plan on following this every step of the way, and hopefully being there opening week =D

mkingy User avatar

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Ugh, and a fast airhill. This is taller and steeper than Speed

Speed "What did they do to that overbank shaping": No Limits @ Oakwood?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

That's the one

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

This actually looks like it's going to be really great. From the video it looks pretty intense, and I was surprised to see another Gerstlauer "wat" loop. Great addition for the park
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
now fun spot needs one of these badly lol

I'd rather they get the Hyper GTX that someone started a rumor for a while back. This seems too big for Fun Spot atm.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

remember theres 2 fun spots so one could get the hyper GTX and the other something similar to this

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
Seriously, I'm in love with Gerstlauer layouts right now! So creative and wacky haha. I just hope that this isn't another Infinity coaster that is plagued by vibrations and rattling from the trains and wheel bearings that many others have. :-/
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Every single time a new coaster is announced, Deere wants one at some park in Florida... literally. every. time :lol:

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
* waits for someone to bring up a bunch of threads...
What are these for?

mkingy User avatar

GerstlCrazy wrote:
That's the one

Yeah, fun ride - that and Megaphobia make it worth travelling to the far reaches of Wales for. It was too intesne for t'missus which means it's a pretty good ride!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

I guess Gerstlauer wants to show off the squashed loop like... it looks awkward in a distance but is smooth then liked by a plenty of experienced riders, hehe! ;)

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,557.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I like what I see :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

^ You're not at all picky about coasters. :D I'm a nitpicker only when I see iffy track shapings.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!