Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting Moving Scenery Objects

Moving Scenery Objects

Post your Nolimits 2 scripts here! Also any discussion regarding scription for NoLimits Coaster 2 should be placed in this forum

Post May 28th, 2017, 10:40 pm

Points on hand: 524.00 Points

Hi y'all! I'm fairly new to these forums! For my current project, I am looking to script a NL2SCO file to move and rotate after triggers on the track. I have virtually no experience in C++ and would really appreciate help! Here is my project here if y'all want to check it out: https://youtu.be/aVAUjYVz8vw

Thanks!

Post June 3rd, 2017, 9:34 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I think that some of our members may be able to give you a hand. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 4th, 2017, 4:29 am
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
I think all you need to know on how to do this, is in the standard example doorscript.

You say that you don't have any experience in C++ but, to understand the script it's important that you have at least a little experience in one programming language. Most programming languages look a lot like each other, so if you know one, it's easier to learn how another language works and you can learn most of the parts of a new programming language by just looking at some example code.

If you don't have any experience in any programming language, i can recommend you to try find some tutorials of the basics of programming in Java, Javascript or C#. There are lots of these tutorials to find on the internet.

The example code of the doorscript can be opened with the notepad application, however I recommend installing Notepad++ , opening the code with this application and setting the syntax to Java, this way some words will receive different colors and it may be a bit easier to understand what is happening.

If you have any questions about the doorscript you can ask them to me but, it's hard to explain the whole script if you don't have any experience in any other programming language.

Post July 6th, 2017, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ WELL DONE! Then the programming award goes to you! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting