Board index Public Relations Contests [RCT2] Mt. Phantom National Park Contest

[RCT2] Mt. Phantom National Park Contest

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post October 17th, 2003, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points

The entire contest story and template has been made by shaggszgn, thanks shaggy [pshades]

Park Name: Mt. Phantom National Park
The Story: In a small local town near Mt. Phantom National Park, the town's people thought it would be a good idea to build a small amusement park along the Phantom River near the historical Confusion Hill attraction, which was build many years ago to entertain travelers' during there trip down the river on the old steam boats. The locals started contruction on there amusement park, but they ran into a few problems, they didn't have enough cash finish the new road thru Mt. Phantom, which would of attracted more people to the park, and they couldn't finish contruction on there wooden coaster because the historical Confusion Hill was in the way of there design. Now, most of the locals had moved away and left both the park and there tiny town behind. This is where you come in, the local bank has offered you a deal, with an endless supply of cash from out side investors to build a dream park. Will you take the deal?

It's up to you to convert this piece of land into a world of bruising fun, excitement and thrill

The Goals:
1. Build the best park you can possibly make and repair any 'damaged' or 'blocked' pathways and such. (points depend on overall themeing, rides, ride designs and layout of park)
2. There's 3 empty building along side the main walkway, near the gate. use these buildings to house shops. (25 points each building)
3. Finish the contruction on the wooden coaster with out removing Confusion Hill, and without 'tearing' down any track sections. (75 points)
4. Theming is once again a very important factor. If your park has a good overall look you will be awarded with big amount of points. So it is really important your park looks good, the ride looks good, everything should?????????ve been thought about. You can really win or lose the contest on this goal.

Bonus Goals: (complate these to score some bonus points)
1. Re-locate Phantom's Huanted House (20 points)
2. Re-theme/re-build the wooden coaster station. (30 points)
3. Re-theme/re-build Confusion Hill. (it must stay in it's current spot, but the building around it may be re-built). (30 points)
4. Use the landscape to your advange(10-50 points)
5. Finish the main road thru Mt. Phantom.

Limits/restrictions:
1. Only 'tracked' rides and pathways may be built on or thru the hills or mountain, all other rides/attractions must be built on flat land. This excludes small objects, shops and custom made buildings. The less you edit the land, the higher you'll score.
2. No editing of water or current buildings.
3. You must have fun. [;)]

Side Notes: You must use the park that's posted at the bottom of this post. You may do what you wish to the little town near the mountain, just don't edit the road. There's no money involed, so there's no need for a trainer, however you may use one if you wish to. You may change the selection of objects and you can use wacky worlds and/or custom objects, but you can not change the selection of rides or remove any objects currently being used.

WARNING: You must remove the two pathway signs near the front gate to allow guests into your park!

Deadline: December 6th 23:59 GMT (=18:59 eastern time)

All submitions are to be uploaded to the exchange or emailed to gforceaddict@coastercrazy.com

Questions or comments, feel free to post!

Download the park file here

Contestants:
1: -0- -00/00/00- lpth5
2: -0- -00/00/00- DE@NO
3: -0- -00/00/00- Tycoonman
[color=green]4: -1- -06/12/03- tarzanman11514

5: -0- -00/00/00- The Edge
6: -0- -00/00/00- IntaminFan397
7: -0- -26/07/03- bardy
8: -0- -03/08/03- cjd
9: -0- -07/08/03- mars51[/color]
10: -1- -07/12/03- RCTandy
[color=green]11: -1- -02/12/03- hi
12: -0- -00/00/00- Montu_man_1011
13: -0- -00/00/00- Your name here![/color]

(there is no limit on the amount of people joining)

(First column is your number, second column is the number of times you sent in a track, thrid column tells if you the date I recieved your track. Your last entry will be your participating ride)

Once your park is uploaded to the exchange you are not allowed to update your park by sending in an updated version of your park. You are allowed to send in an updated version(s) as long as the park is not on the exchange.

You can post any questions you may have in this topic. They will be answered A.S.A.P. If you want to discuss anything about this contest, like progress on other people?????????s ride please use this topic and don't start a new one. Thanks in advance.

On behalf of the entire staff: Good luck!

Q: When you say finish the road through the mountain do you just want the two ends joined or do you want it continued through to the other side of the map???
A: Just join the two ends. This is sort of a 'give me' bonus.

Q:"Thunder run" the wooden coaster that is there and that we must re-build. Does it have to have block brakes?? will we score more if it does have block brakes???
A: It won't make a big diffrence but a good capacity results in more points of course, but it also takes some excitement of... It's up to you.

Q: What is the situation with the trees, can we delete them or do they have to stay??
A: I would say yes, you can delete what trees are in your way. But don't go deleting trees if you don't have a new purpose for the land.

Q: When completed do you want us to make our own screenshot of the finished park?? im not saying im finished already lol.
A: Like all other contests we hold here, you do have the option of creating your own screenshot. But if you don't I'll make one for you [:)]

Q: so I guess by the "breaking news" we don't need block brakes on the woodie "thunder run". What about the other coasters? block brakes or not???
A: Same as for the question about "Thunder Run": It won't make a big diffrence but a good capacity results in more points of course, but it also takes some excitement of... It's up to you.
Last edited by G Force Addict on October 30th, 2003, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 17th, 2003, 6:41 pm

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points

Post October 17th, 2003, 8:04 pm

Points on hand: 5,725.00 Points

Post October 17th, 2003, 10:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,173.00 Points

What the heck, put me up, I'll give it a try...

Tycoonman

Post October 17th, 2003, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

Post October 18th, 2003, 2:30 am

Let me be the first to ask a couple of questions, these may answer other people questions aswell??

- When you say finish the road through the mountain do you just want the two ends joined or do you want it continued through to the other side of the map???

- "Thunder run" the wooden coaster that is there and that we must re- build. Does it have to have block brakes?? will we score more if it does have block brakes???

- What is the situation with the trees, can we delete them or do they have to stay??

- When completed do you want us to make our own screenshot of the finished park?? im not saying im finished already lol.

if any more problems/questions arise I won't hesitate to consult the forum.

Good luck to the rest of the people that will join and the people who have already joined,these are lpth5,Tycoonman,tarzanman11514.

I'm still trying to work out how I am going to approach this mass of land we have been given.

Post October 18th, 2003, 2:56 am

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

- When you say finish the road through the mountain do you just want the two ends joined or do you want it continued through to the other side of the map???

Just join the two ends. This is sort of a 'give me' bonus.

- "Thunder run" the wooden coaster that is there and that we must re- build. Does it have to have block brakes?? will we score more if it does have block brakes???

I'll let G Force Addict answer this one.

What is the situation with the trees, can we delete them or do they have to stay??

I would say yes, you can delete what trees are in your way.

- When completed do you want us to make our own screenshot of the finished park?? im not saying im finished already lol.

Like all other contests we hold here, you do have the option of creating your own screenshot.

Post October 18th, 2003, 3:44 am

I wasnt sure about the road, it seemed too easy heheh. The one i'm most concerned about is the block brake issue. Since some people care and some don't. I have no problem with block brakes, I'd just hate to spend heaps of time getting it running smoothly then to find out I could of built it in continous circuit mode.

Well this is my first contest here so I wasnt sure about the screenshot. I missed out on the Oldo towers one.

Thanks for answering soo quick shaggszgn

Post October 18th, 2003, 8:37 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post October 18th, 2003, 8:40 am

I just found out that rebuilding the wooden coaster is harder than it actually seems. You may get caught out like I did, you have to be aware of the direction of the hills. you've been warned hehehe. [:D]

Post October 18th, 2003, 2:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post October 18th, 2003, 3:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post October 18th, 2003, 7:00 pm

Did you use block brakes or continous circuit mode???

Post October 20th, 2003, 4:41 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

Post October 21st, 2003, 7:08 am

so I guess by the "breaking news" we don't need block brakes on the woodie "thunder run". What about the other coasters? block brakes or not???

Post October 21st, 2003, 10:56 am

Points on hand: 3,024.00 Points

Post October 21st, 2003, 3:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Originally posted by DE@NO

so I guess by the "breaking news" we don't need block brakes on the woodie "thunder run". What about the other coasters? block brakes or not???

Check the breaking news, it is as you expected [:p]

Originally posted by bardy

count me in pls. I'll give it a go

Cool [:)] You're on the list

Post October 21st, 2003, 4:47 pm

No I was expecting some like "yes use block brakes" or "No it doesnt matter". But i guess running 3 trains smoothly with a high pph rate would only be able to be done on block brakes. Ive got a whole lot of my own designs that I can place in and retheme that are major people movers.

Post October 21st, 2003, 10:01 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Post October 22nd, 2003, 11:13 am

Points on hand: 3,188.00 Points

Post October 22nd, 2003, 12:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,653.00 Points
yo yo count me in! I've wanted to do a kind of "generic" themed park for many of my non-fantasy themed coasters.

And I'm blocking everything - if you do it just right, it doesn't lower excitement at all. [;)]

Can't wait to see your park, DE@NO...

Post October 22nd, 2003, 6:40 pm
cjd

GFA, does the road need to go over the mountain, or can I tunnel under it?

Post October 22nd, 2003, 6:51 pm

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

Originally posted by cjd

Read bonus goal #5: "5. Finish the main road thru Mt. Phantom." [;)] If you go into the underground view, you'll see why.

Post October 23rd, 2003, 6:17 am

good to see you here andy. I havent even started work on my park yet, havent had time, but Im going to work on a mini halloween themed coaster after getting inspiration from rctkrazy. At the moment Ive got 3 projects running,this contest, the halloween coaster and the steel hyper that Im reworking coz the first edition was a success ( andy knows what im talking about).

Post October 26th, 2003, 12:47 am
cjd

Originally posted by shaggszgn

Originally posted by cjd

Read bonus goal #5: "5. Finish the main road thru Mt. Phantom." [;)] If you go into the underground view, you'll see why.

Woops, I guess I should actually look at the scenario before I ask questions about it...

Next

Return to Contests