Board index Public Relations Contests [RCT2] Mt. Phantom National Park Contest

[RCT2] Mt. Phantom National Park Contest

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post November 11th, 2003, 1:34 am

Points on hand: 5,725.00 Points

Im out. Ive got NL now so im learning to use it, so i'm not going to have time to work on this competition. i'll make the RCT2 track every now and then.

Post November 11th, 2003, 10:36 am

Points on hand: 4,653.00 Points
[confused][V]Sorry you feel that way DE@NO. Hopefully you will still participate in the RCT2 community from time to time...we are a lot more than dumb expansion packs...[dunno]Insert

Post November 11th, 2003, 6:12 pm

Points on hand: 5,725.00 Points

Yeah I know. When I get over the initial buzz of using NL I might find some time to work on some RCT2 designs. I'll post my first NL coaster here soon. Ive already posted it at coasters2k but it will be up pretty much after I finish writing this.

Post November 12th, 2003, 2:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,619.00 Points

Can we open confusion hill as a ride? And the hounted house too?

Post November 13th, 2003, 1:41 pm

Post November 13th, 2003, 3:26 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

A quick post about the excitement rating issue. I have created a go-kart track with an excitement of 21.79, and a vertical drop coaster with a whopping 11.21. Then, in my Oldo Towers contest entry, there was an awesome 300ft giga with an excitement of 11.99. In conclusion, I really don't know if there is a cap. realisticly speaking, Go Karts can go up to about 25, Gigas can go up to about 15, steel twisters (including flying) and verticals can go up to about 11.5, woodies can go up to about 10.5, and most other coaster types are a stretch to get above 9.5 or so. It really depends on the coaster type.

Post November 13th, 2003, 7:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

21.79??? on a go-karts??? Holy cow!!! [:O][shocked]

Post November 14th, 2003, 10:57 am

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

it's not that amazing. It's good, yea, but you can just make a gigantic track with tons of scenery and you get huge excitement. Only problem is that it's expensive and has a tiny capacity.

Post November 14th, 2003, 1:22 pm

Yeah, I don't know if a 10,000 foot go kart track counts as "realistically speaking." Also, even with that rating, people would be saying "I want to get off Go Karts 1" Also, I would guess that hyper twisters can go as high as gigas since they have similar stats.
Anyway, how about an update? I've kind of stalled out for the past week or so on this park, but how is everyone else doing?

Post November 14th, 2003, 1:56 pm

Post November 16th, 2003, 12:02 pm

Yeah - I've kinda "stalled out" too...I'm gonna get back to it today. I even forgot what I have done already - [lol]

Post November 17th, 2003, 2:29 pm

I got NL too thats why I haven't really worked om it. But I'm still in!

Post November 20th, 2003, 9:34 pm

OOH....OOH.....OOOOOOOHHH - IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!!!

when you say no editing of water, is that EXISTING water?? In other words, can we make artifical lakes as parts of theming and for other rides like jet skies??

Post November 20th, 2003, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,552.00 Points
Ahh, I'm really contemplating this because I am not all that great, but I guess I could give it a TRY. Not promising anything though. So, I'm in.

Post November 20th, 2003, 9:37 pm

oh - one more tip...I found out that peeps like LIM-launched coasters as transport rides. it also helps to be able to launch 30 people across your park at 70 miles an hour.

Post November 21st, 2003, 1:53 pm

Haha...that's hilarious...and probably actually a really good idea...

Post November 21st, 2003, 5:40 pm

Yeah...the people actually love it...I have a short one that's now running just two trains. but it's like a 5 second ride each way...it's something for the less breave peeps b/c I guess it boosts their little egos to ride a "real" coaster.

More important stuff: Along with my earlier question, I have another slight problem that has reared it's butt-ugly head. I have too many rides/attractions, so are you going to take off too much if guests are hungry or can't find bathrooms b/c I'm probably going to remove food stalls and stuff to make the space for more rides.

Post November 21st, 2003, 11:52 pm

Use a trainer for your LIM coaster transport ride to make it faster and put Monorail trains on it [:D].

Post November 23rd, 2003, 12:12 am

well, I don't have a trainer, besides, a good LIM train holds about the same ammount of people, and I think my park is going to [devilish] because I'm getting mass migrations out of the park because I can't buld more bathrooms, food stalls, etc... because I have too many rides and attractions.

Post November 24th, 2003, 1:17 pm

Woah....maybe try spacing things out a bit more? If you've got that many attractions, your park is probably a bit cramped. I would suggest bulldozing the less popular rides and putting in gardens, buildings, scenery etc. in their place. Also, you really only need one food stand and one drink stand per food court, so it may help to delete any competing concession stands.

Post November 24th, 2003, 1:25 pm

Ok - I have a couple questions that I put on the forum and that have gone unanswered for a couple days now. When you say no editing of water, is that just existing water? So, can we make our own artificial lakes for rides like jet skies?

Sure

Ok - got that from GFA in a PM in case anyone was wondering about my earlier water question. Yeah, with my ride problem...my park really isn't that cramped, it's actually fairly spread out. The major thing is that I have two major food courts where there's on of every shop/stall. I deleted a few info kiosks and first aid thingys so I can keep building new rides for now. There's really only one place where it's cramped, off in my abstract area. Pretty much the only places I haven't covered with something are the mountain itself, which is going to get racing/dueling hypercoasters this afternoon, and off near the town, which I might or might not develop. So, pretty much the entire square is covered with something or other.

Post November 24th, 2003, 5:02 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I'm out. I just noe finished with my entire pile of college applications, but I am leaving town for Thanksgiving tomorrow, so I think I would be shaming myself by making a park in under 6 hours. Take me off the list.

Post November 26th, 2003, 1:50 pm

Okay then tarzanman, I would definately recommend deleting some of those food stalls if you need more rides or bathrooms. I really don't use first aid stations either - they are not necessary for a 999 park rating as long as you've got handymen to clean up the mess ;)

Post November 28th, 2003, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,024.00 Points
sorry Im out too. Just had too much on at the moment and havn't been able to spend much time on it. Good luck for every one else still in.

Post November 28th, 2003, 10:27 pm

oh man...we're dropping like flies...I'm still in tho. [lol]

PreviousNext

Return to Contests