Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Mumbo Jumbo - Flamingoland-Worlds Steepest Coaster

Mumbo Jumbo - Flamingoland-Worlds Steepest Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

http://www.rcdb.com/id4308.htm

Sorry if there is already a topic regarding this on the website, i couldnt find one, so i thought i'd start one. I only just noticed this ride is being built, and i've hardly heard anything at all about its. Its an El Loco similar to Steel Hawg destined to appear in 2009 at Flamingoland North Yorkshire UK. So any of you other UK coaster fans heard anything about this?! It certainly interested me as Flamingoland is one of my closer parks.
Last edited by Austin on February 1st, 2009, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 9th, 2008, 8:50 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Where's the topic about the Eagle coaster being built? THAT'S the cool ride lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 1st, 2009, 10:34 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

"Flamingo Land in North Yorkshire has revealed its new rollercoaster concept for the 2009 season and, it's a world's first! The ride; named 'Mumbo Jumbo', will feature the most extreme drop in history plunging thrill seekers 112????????? from a high point of 30 metres generating in excess of 4Gs on it's passengers.

Owner Gordon Gibb said: "It is exciting for a relatively small family business like Flamingo Land to be punching well above its weight. The manufacturer (S&S) are legendary within the industry and Mumbo Jumbo looks set to become a National icon, we are all very excited!"

In explanation of the ride's strange name, it was revealed that Mumbo Jumbo is a 'tongue in cheek' description of how other theme parks boast about their new rides and attractions, but Flamingo Land insist their new addition is the real deal. Mumbo Jumbo will be opened by Guinness World Records in July 2009 when it is expected that the world record breaking achievement will be officially recognised. Andrea Banfi of Guinness World Records revealed; 'We will be in attendance at the opening of Flamingo Land's new rollercoaster and look forward to this new Guinness World Records????????? record in the steepest roller coaster made from steel category'.

Mumbo Jumbo will cost in excess of ?????????4 million and will be Flamingo Land's eighth rollercoaster. The North Yorkshire operation also has an exotic and endangered animal collection explaining the Company Logo 'Wild Animals, Wilder Rides'"

One degree steeper than Steel Hawg, haha.

Trains:

Layout:

Post February 1st, 2009, 2:13 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

slightly disappointed that the layout is identical to steel hawg, but it's still an exciting looking prospect none-the-less.

Post March 30th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,073.00 Points
Good post Austin, I normally pay flamingo land a visit once a year and am looking forward to this providing its construction has been on schedule.

I assume this has replaced the plans for a woodie that was origionally in the pipeline according to the park owners in 2007/8

Post April 1st, 2009, 10:56 am

Points on hand: 1,481.00 Points
An S&S rep stated at a past WCB that an 200 foot tall version of an El Loco coaster would be hitting the west coast in the future. I'm now hearing rumors of a 150 foot tall El Loco coaster comming to Knotts in 2010 I guess only time will tell.

Post June 11th, 2009, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,301.00 Points
hi i went to flamingo land last weekend and saw the ride in it glory. it opens on 2nd of july and is the worlds steepest. when i was there they was testing it and i saw the carriages goin round and it looks mint. the steepest drop is just after a slow bend and it just drops back on its self like owt. there is also a point that ya kinda corkscrew and go pretty upside down fa some time lol. i was contenplating askin if they wanted a live test dummy for it as i would of easily lol

Post June 11th, 2009, 4:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

Haha normally I don't complain about clones being "rip-offs," but one degree? [lol]

Post June 11th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Does anyone else think these "steepest drop" claims are BS, considering the steepest possible descent is 90*? I get what they're trying to say, but it just doesn't make sense...especially when A: there are lots of rides that have 90* drops, and B: S&S' own Screamin' Squirrel turns 180* on the drop.

Post June 11th, 2009, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Post June 11th, 2009, 5:06 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
"Does anyone else think these "steepest drop" claims are BS, considering the steepest possible descent is 90*? I get what they're trying to say, but it just doesn't make sense...especially when A: there are lots of rides that have 90* drops, and B: S&S' own Screamin' Squirrel turns 180* on the drop."

Not everyone's fun loving soul has died and become a mathematical drone that must associate everything with trigonometry or whatever the hell like yours has.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 11th, 2009, 5:06 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
^^ agreed agreed. Technically if you are going past 90, your really just substracting degrees.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post June 11th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

As far as I'm concerned, Fahrenheit and the Eurofighters with a 97* degree drop have the steepest drops...they don't have brakes on them.

Post June 11th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

Yeah I never really understood that either. I guess they just don't consider that a drop since it doesn't move down at all when at its "steepest" but who knows.

Post July 1st, 2009, 10:06 pm

Points on hand: 685.00 Points
screamin squirel drops are considerd saxaphone elements, theres a point to which drops become inversions
i put the laughter in manslaughter!

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!