Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 My track I worked many months on is lost

My track I worked many months on is lost

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post February 13th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 649.00 Points
????????????????????????????! PLEASE HELP !???????????????????????????? I have been working on this coaster for a very long time I finally finished it yesterday and when i clicked save it said Out of memory and froze so I exited all my windows and when I went back to my file it was gone. I looked in the recycle bin and it wasn't there either. I need to know where the file could of went and how to restore it. I know there is no way to completely delete files so I know I should be able to find it somewhere or somehow.

UPDATE
Now every time I click into editor or play Out of memory pops up and it closes down I scanned it and it says there is no virus or anything

Post February 16th, 2015, 4:50 am

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points

Post February 16th, 2015, 5:37 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I haven't heard about the out of memory message before. But it sounds like that you don't have enough Ram memory available when trying to run NL2. So you're running too many programs at the same time, which are using up a big chunk of your RAM memory making it unable to run NL2. Check your taskmanager on what is currently running, close those programs that you're not using anyway and cost a big chunk of RAM.
Another thing that possibly could be is that your computer has no more room on your HDD. Cleanup your computer from all the crap and get some free space.

About getting a lost track back: If you worked months on it, you still should have the save file wherever you put it. If it's not there, then it's a lost cause.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post February 16th, 2015, 9:15 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Try a system restore to a date before this out of memory thing happened and the file should be there. Although anything you've added since that date u choose wont be there. :\
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post February 16th, 2015, 11:44 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Oscar wrote:
Try a system restore to a date before this out of memory thing happened and the file should be there. Although anything you've added since that date u choose wont be there. :\

System restore doesn't affect most of the files on a computer to my knowledge. Only the stuff that is required to get windows properly running. (If I'm wrong, please correct me)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post February 22nd, 2015, 7:47 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Were you opening the track from the "recently used" files area? Try doing a search for the filename.

Also try running a program called CCleaner to clean up your PC a bit, and something like Razor Game Booster might not be a bad idea either.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2