Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports My trip to SFOG

My trip to SFOG

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post March 15th, 2003, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,135.00 Points

Today was opening day for SFOG, so i had to go. luckily for me it was 50 degress and was forecasted to rain, so the park was virtually empty.

after waiting a total of 40 minutes to get my seasons pass (which i think looks quite cool compared to previous years) i enterd the park, and then i had to wait while a total of 6 security guards too various metal chains from my friend. We then went strait to S:UF and walk directly onto the front car of the ride, without waited more than a minute. Of coarse, since i am the least lucky person on earth, the ride broke down after i was strapped in and we had to wait 10 minutes before we could get out of the ride. I wanted to leave to go ride other rides, but my $300 digital camera was still in the article box and they wouldn't let me get it. Finally they fixed the problem, and after sending the train oout for a test run something else on the ride broke down, so we had to wait again. Even still it was a very short wait compared to what it normally is.

Next we rode the Ninja, which had no wait at all, and then we went to the Great American Scream Machine, which had no wait at all, but i did notice that they had replaced some of the railings and runnerboards on the ride.

After that we read the sign for Deja Vu to see if they were planning on opening it today, but they weren't so we rode the sky buckets across the park and rode acraphobia.

Then of coarse we went to the Georgia Cyclone, which is my second favorite coaster at the park, and rode it twice in a row. I would have ridden it more, but John was getting a headache.

After that, we went to the scocher and waited 10 minutes for the front car. That ride doesn't seem as fun as it used to, but oh well it is still good.

Next we were planning on riding my my favorite ride, the mindbender, but it was closed so i threw a fit instead. Then we rode batman, and waited 15 minutes for the front car. I am not the biggest fan of inverted rides, and i really do not like those hight lat. g twists batman does. After that, we ate lunch which was very bad, and they charged John for 3 drinks even though he bought 1. he didn't realize it until after we left the park though.

After that we rode acrophobia 8 times in a row without having to go back through the line which was cool, but even still after all of those times plus 2 other years of riding it i could not undo the seat belt. As a matter of fact, i would try and then jam it, so the ride attendt would alwasy roll his eyes everytime i rode, because he had to spend 20 seconds trying to un-jam it.

Next we rode the Scream machine again, and then the Ninja 6 times consecutivley. You dont believe me? i took a picture of the waiting area at one of its busy moments (its at the bottom). I would have rode more times, but John was still getting a headache, so we rode the Scream Machine again.

Then we rode S:UF, but we had to wait 15 minutes because the ride broke down again. After that we John got a funnel cake and i rode acrophobia while he ate it. I still couldn't undo my seatbelt. Once John was done eating, he rode it with me 2 more times. The second time, the ride attendent walked over to me to undo my seatbelt, but i undid it myslef and i yelled "i undid my own sealtbelt!" and ran around which made him laugh. Then we rode the Cyclone 3 more times and left.

Somewhere in there, we rode the sky buckets again, and we went on Monster Plantation, but i dont remeber when. Overall, it was a good trip, with a total of 33 rides in only 7 hours plus food.

(thats the line for Ninja at its bussiest)

-------------------------
Want to know the true meaning of life? i can show you where to find the answer.

-punkzilla

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports