Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Naiad - B&M Invert

Naiad - B&M Invert

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 7th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Okay, so i've never managed to complete a B&M invert and like it enough to upload it. But im hoping this will change things. I decided to try and learn FVD's, at the moment im finding it VERY tricky, still getting to grips with some of it, but ive managed to make the start of this coaster so far, and i think its pretty cool. It isnt your standard B&M invert, im pushing G forces a bit for a B&M, definately. The ride so far contains a small 40 foot curving drop into a tight 5g helix (yes, very large g's, but they arent sustained) then straight into a wing over, followed by a larger drop with a roll all the way down [:)] Anyway i have a high lateral of 1g, i know that is pretty high for a B&M BUT i'm keeping it because theres no way my layout could work with any g's lower. And whats wrong with a bit of a battering?!

The rides name will be Naiad, but i guess this may change if i think of something better. If anyone thinks they have any better suggestions then please say.

Anyway heres the link to NLDC - http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p4108

Any comments/suggestions welcome [:)]
JPE

Post October 7th, 2007, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Dude, I love your originality...I think the 1 lat is fine, but if possible, I think you should make the helix a tad larger so it only has 4.5 g's, not 5. 5 is a TON of force even if it isn't sustained.

Post October 7th, 2007, 4:32 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

5g is fine for a B&M inverts, as is known nemesis does get 5.2 unsustained G's on the high g turn even though its classed as 4.7

its looking good and im liking that first drop indeed
Making screams come true

Post October 7th, 2007, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

That element is beautiful and looks insane!
And I appreciate this is not a standard B&M.
But I agree with Jakizle:if you're pushing g forces but you wanna stay in "reality" limits,5g is too much(especially in a helix).

Post October 7th, 2007, 4:44 pm

There's no way Nemesis pulls 5.2...that's so much force. 4.7 sounds right because BTR's pull 4.6 and they are pretty similar rides.

Post October 7th, 2007, 5:56 pm

nope there is a spike of 5.2 on nemesis in the high g turn as you enter the element but its only split second.
it almost didnt pass the uk saftey inspection cuz of it but its there.

remember that nemesis was one of B&M's first inverts and was pretty much new ground for them so its extreamly forceful.

i still say 5G's are fine but over is unrealistic but only if it split second and not sustained
Making screams come true

Post October 7th, 2007, 6:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Gazag, B&M didn't really even design it, John Wardley did.

Post October 8th, 2007, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Post October 8th, 2007, 11:47 am

Points on hand: 2,145.00 Points
Calaway, i don't know if you noticed but John Wardley isn't a company, he was probably making idea's for them or something. also Alton RCDB must be wrong, Air pulls 3g's and they think Nemesis does?

Post October 8th, 2007, 12:28 pm

Firstly, John Wardley came up with the ideas like gazag said, then they approached B&M to do the work to find out whether it was indeed possible.

Also nemesis has WAY more than 3g. 4.7g sounds about right. I know the helix after the first corkscrew pulls over 4g near the bottom before the pull out. It wouldnt suprise me either if it had a 5.2g spike due to the fact it isnt heartlined properly - Look at photos of the lead out of the first corksrew, you'll see what i mean. I have a video of how the car seems to swing out a little bit that i took last time i was there, i would show it but havent got it on the computer.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Im not sure whether i can actually loosen the helix much due to the fact that riders legs may hit the main part of the drop then, and i dont really want to edit that bit, seeing as im not the greatest at FVD's yet and it took me a while to get it right. I'll try and reduce it a little, but i dont want to reduce it too much, after all i do want this to be way crazier than an average B&M. Plus it needs some big G's round that helix to make it feel fast, because the ride is actually going quite slow still.

Anyway, i'll do a little bit of playing around, but i have an english literature essay to do tonight aswell. NOT FUN! =[

Post October 8th, 2007, 3:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Originally posted by jpecool

Firstly, John Wardley came up with the ideas like gazag said, then they approached B&M to do the work to find out whether it was indeed possible.

Also nemesis has WAY more than 3g. 4.7g sounds about right. I know the helix after the first corkscrew pulls over 4g near the bottom before the pull out. It wouldnt suprise me either if it had a 5.2g spike due to the fact it isnt heartlined properly - Look at photos of the lead out of the first corksrew, you'll see what i mean. I have a video of how the car seems to swing out a little bit that i took last time i was there, i would show it but havent got it on the computer.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Im not sure whether i can actually loosen the helix much due to the fact that riders legs may hit the main part of the drop then, and i dont really want to edit that bit, seeing as im not the greatest at FVD's yet and it took me a while to get it right. I'll try and reduce it a little, but i dont want to reduce it too much, after all i do want this to be way crazier than an average B&M. Plus it needs some big G's round that helix to make it feel fast, because the ride is actually going quite slow still.

Anyway, i'll do a little bit of playing around, but i have an english literature essay to do tonight aswell. NOT FUN! =[

I said John Wardley designed it, nit Gazag ;)

Post October 8th, 2007, 4:43 pm

Originally posted by CalawayPark

I said John Wardley designed it, nit Gazag ;)

he made the concept and layout.

the design of the track work and forces ect was done by B&M
Making screams come true

Post October 16th, 2007, 4:47 pm

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i32919

Can you give me your comments on this new element ive made? To me, i think it rides really well, but im not sure whether it looks too pretty. [lol] Its basically just an immelman with a lead out into a helix, but the helix is so steep it almost looks like a loop from certain angles.

Post October 16th, 2007, 4:55 pm

that will look very pretty if it loops back around itself now
Making screams come true

Post October 16th, 2007, 5:38 pm

I agree with you Jason, I think it looks too much like a loop and a little ugly. Instead, I would exit like a normal immelman, and then continue to do the helix through the loop opposed to behind it.

Post October 16th, 2007, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

I think it would add originality points if it rides well. Its not like you're going for conventional anyway.

Post October 17th, 2007, 3:23 am

Good point there actually Ben ^ I'll keep it, and just make it look prettier by themeing it if its too ugly. Its still exciting. [:D]

Post October 19th, 2007, 6:05 pm

UPDATE:

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p4108

This is slowly becoming one of my most intense coasters. Its actually even crazier than Lucifer, The run from after the first inversion to the last loop is just non stop at the moment, pulling absolutely massive G's. I will probably get marked down for it a little, but this is how i like the ride. Just INSANE! Ive also included a station fly by airtime hill which pulls -0.6 which isnt too crazy at all, but i guess its quite a bit for an invert as you never really see much airtime on one. Anyway, the last loop will probably be edited to be a bit larger as its pulling around 4.9g's at the moment, and i definatelyneed an element which is a little less intense. But anyway, all comments are welcome guys!

Post October 21st, 2007, 12:17 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
WOOT!! another coaster by JPE!! lol
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post October 23rd, 2007, 9:49 am

Points on hand: 2,268.00 Points

I'm liking it. Forces are fine. You just need to fix that lat.

Hey, would this be the same jackizle that I know?
Hates oscar for taking points...

Post November 2nd, 2007, 12:26 pm

I might just have to hold this ride for two weeks or so. I've got so much work at the moment, so there wont be many regular updates for this ride for a while! But i am NOT dropping the project, just focusing on more important things while i have so many deadlines. [:(]

Post November 9th, 2007, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,316.00 Points
Take all the time you need.
The Ride Factor.com

Coming Soon...

Return to Hard Hat Area