Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! New B&M Wing Rider to Thorpe Park

New B&M Wing Rider to Thorpe Park

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post June 6th, 2011, 6:39 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
I was told at the park on Saturday that planning has been approved by Runnymede Council and constructon was starting very soon.

For those who dont want to read the article i picked the facts and bullet pointed them for you.

Style: B&M Wing Rider (possibly 4D)
Height: 126 feet
Theme: Post apocalyptic/crash scene
Inversions: Dive loop (half heartline roll into half loop for first drop) - Zero G Roll - Inclined loop - Corkscrew - Heartline Roll
Cost: ?????????18,000,000

For those who want all the facts and pictures of the planning visit here:-

http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20 ... aster-2012

Im all for the idea of a 4D coaster for the UK, wether or not that will happen i dont know. But it seems you could get a hell of a lot more coaster for ?????????18,000,000 . Never the less the themeing looks pretty awesome and it will be a nice addition for the park. Just got to cross our fingers and hope its a 4D.

Post June 22nd, 2011, 1:28 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
I imagine it will simply be a wing rider, and not a 4D. ?????????18m is a lot of money, but this is going to be heavily themed so a lot of money will go there too. It might have water effects too on the helicopter area. I expect the 2015 ride to be Intamin, looking at the layout of it just makes me think of a Rita style ride, would be nice to have a woody though in at least one of the Merlin Parks.

Post June 23rd, 2011, 4:17 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
These plans have been on this site for close to a year here

Post June 23rd, 2011, 1:25 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

ECG. a bit slow on the pick up are we? [lol] I'm certain there's an LC12 topic on the forums already somewhere...

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!