Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions New coaster at Cedar Point in 2006?!?!

New coaster at Cedar Point in 2006?!?!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 28th, 2005, 11:06 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

I dont have a lot of info but there is to be a new coaster at cedar point in 2006. It is going to be 682 ft tall and 196MPH! and verticaly launched!!! ATTENTION- MAY BE RUMOR CHECK OUT www.rollercoasterpro.com
Last edited by coasterdave on March 28th, 2005, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 29th, 2005, 7:52 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I dont see that happening. CP couldn't be that lame, dont get me wrong, it would probaly be an awesome coaster and all...it's just this 'we wont to be bigger and better than everyone else' is what i hate, CP for one neeed to learn its not size or speed that counts. Plus a 200mph coaster would have some serious wind sheer if protective visers were not installed on the car, thats like dring a Ferrari Enzo top speed without a roof or a windsheild

Post March 29th, 2005, 9:48 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I like to go REALLY Fast...nothing wrong with that.

Post March 29th, 2005, 11:12 am

Whats wrong with it? imagine a bug hiting you in the eye at 196mph [lol]

I imagine if they did build this coaster, and it had a launch, the launch would be something spectacular, im guessing it would have the same acceleration as a real dragster...even so, where on Earth in CP would they fit the coaster in. Its going t be half as big as top thrill dragster again and is there really any room? Building over the lake is an option i guess, but since i've never been there i wouldn't like to say. Im sure you can enlighten us with space issues there Mr. Real [lol]

Post March 29th, 2005, 11:30 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Where do you imagine you saw this on RollerCoasterpro.com?? No offence i just dont believe it, but if it turns out to be true i will go off and eat my humble pie. I cant imagine them building another launched coaster just yet, i thoguht there next coaster would be something like a giant Maurer Sohne X car or something of that sort. And 682 foot, thats like 150% of the height of the London Eye, or TTD itself.

Post March 29th, 2005, 5:21 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Ya, I didnt dig alot through the site, so I didnt find the "rumor". If you leave a direct link to the page I will take a look. I would say that 192 mph is ridiculous, and that some kind of shields would be manditory. I have dried tears from my eyes from TTD, sometimes MF. Riding a 192 mph coaster with nothing to protect against would age me a good 10 years [lol]. I think that they will go for a B&M Floorless, Flying, or an Intamin Looper.

Post March 29th, 2005, 6:17 pm

Cedar Point has far more room than you think Edge. I have a 200mb overhead sattelite image and theres quite a bit of room left. Especially since Im sure they will take out some older stuff to accomdate for anything large.

People were asking where they were going to fit Dragster and it fits comfy in the park.

No worries about room.

Post March 29th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

I don't think that is likely to happen, It just seems...out of wack. Waht I do know is that in 2007 they will expand the pinninsula, and make a man-made expansion.

Post March 30th, 2005, 9:33 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

192 mph is possible... they'd just have to give you eye goggles as you get on it. I'd rather have a traditional 500 ft coaster than a launched one, though. That would be great.

Post March 30th, 2005, 11:16 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Cedar Point has far more room than you think Edge. I have a 200mb overhead sattelite image and theres quite a bit of room left. Especially since Im sure they will take out some older stuff to accomdate for anything large.

People were asking where they were going to fit Dragster and it fits comfy in the park.

No worries about room.

where did ya get that pic?

Post March 30th, 2005, 4:20 pm
Premium Member

Do a google search for satillite photos or something along that line. There are many sites that will give you past photos (3-6 years ago) for free, but the most recent one's you must sign up for or buy.

And CJD, I actually agree. TTD was great, but seeing as the main drop is over so fast, there really is no anticipation of traveling up the lift like on magnum or MF. That is probably one of the few reasons MF still tops TTD on my list.

Post March 30th, 2005, 4:27 pm

I agree, although i've never been on a true launch coaster, nothing beats the anticipation of climbing a long tall lift hill, gives you time to think, 'wtf am i doing?' Same with Drop towers, i find the space shots crap compared to the true drop rides. The sensation whilst your slowly being pulled to the top...good days!

Post March 30th, 2005, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Plus the drops on tradition lift coasters are pure bliss :D

Post March 30th, 2005, 5:44 pm
Premium Member

Plus it seems that because the mechanisms of a lauched coaster are so complicated and therefore expensive, that the ride is typically shorter, than a coaster that uses a lift. About 1/3-1/2 of a coaster's run is on the lift typically which also seems to cut its length in half. Dont get me wrong TTD is a kick and a half in the ass, it just lacks some elements that SROS or MF have.

Post March 30th, 2005, 6:33 pm

I wish lift hills did something for me.

They usually make me think: Dang, why is this taking so long. This is boring.
Or: Hmm, nice view.

I always act like Im falling asleep on Magnums lift hill. 205ft + 4mph = 58seconds to the top. Long time. Great views at night though.

Post March 30th, 2005, 6:37 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
on the first ride of the coasters lift hills do something to me, then i'm more like, wow, this is exiting, etc,etc,etc. But on more rides i'm more like, come on, i wanna go over the top!

Post March 30th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Premium Member

Lol, Lift hills are the most exciting, because you get an adrenaline rush, because you know your already on the coaster, and its only a matter of seconds before you begin plummeting a few hundred feet down to the ground.

Post March 30th, 2005, 8:35 pm

Bah, its the least exciting part for me.

I dont get a rush climbing anymore. Millennium Force killed that. I really think you could go 500, even 550 and Id still be like "meh" as I climb, but hands up yelling on the way down.

Im not excited till Im cresting the top, no matter how high. 60ft (in the case of Cornball) or 320ft (obviously MF). Thats when i get goin.

Post March 30th, 2005, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

I hope this isn't true, I think they should remove Wildcat and Disaster Transport.

Post March 30th, 2005, 10:30 pm
Premium Member

Your hopes arent the truths.... Wildcat is a classic, and diaster transport, well it does suck IMO, but its a unique coaster type.

Real, maybe you have ridden too many coasters too often [lol] Maybe thats why its not exciting climbing the lifts anymore.

Post March 30th, 2005, 11:47 pm

I would concur with your statement. Even though Im only at like 70-something rides total lifetime, I go to CP far too often.

On new rides I get anxious, but never nervous. I know that Im all too safe on these things and Im just looking forward to the ride ahead. Nothing to get all worked up over right?! :P

I think Disaster stays because as Kinzel said in an interview, its a good family ride to get kids into the rides. Same with Draggin Iron...err I mean Iron Dragon. :P

Post March 31st, 2005, 12:15 am

Yeah I guess you're right, but I'd really like to see those dueling b&m flyers that everyone's talkin about! Hopefully it will be more forceful and exciting than AIR.

But what I don't get with DT is that it's built on the beach? Why couldn't they have built it gliding through the woods? Come on, that could have been a much more interesting ride, and now it's all enclosed? I don't get it.

Edit: i didn't mean to put ds, thanks[approve]

Post March 31st, 2005, 2:12 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

Bah, its the least exciting part for me.

I dont get a rush climbing anymore. Millennium Force killed that. I really think you could go 500, even 550 and Id still be like "meh" as I climb, but hands up yelling on the way down.

Im not excited till Im cresting the top, no matter how high. 60ft (in the case of Cornball) or 320ft (obviously MF). Thats when i get goin.

Same with me. I want the lift to hurry up and as soon as the cars begin to go up and over the top of the hill, that's when adrenaline begins to flow and hands begin to raise. It's different though when it comes to a freefall tower because you can't see where you're going. The initial wait at the top again gets the adrenaline going just before the car is released.

Post March 31st, 2005, 11:21 am

First time I went on Montu the lift scared the crap outta me! I was like why am i doing this? I was like this is scary! And this girl i went with to Busch Gardens in 5th grade was like it's supposed to be. And as we crested the lift hill my heart stopped and then we dropped down and I loved it. I also rid Kumba in the last seat, I couldn't see a thing but as all you say greater airtime, I didn't like Kumba as much because in the backseat it was kinda rough, but I still loved it, it's gotta be the best landscaped coaster, all the coasters B&M create for Busch are awesome.

Post March 31st, 2005, 1:18 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

honestly people! If you think about it, they close TTD down when the wind speed is more than 15 mph on the ground, this rumored coaster will never be open!!! i would rather see CP put somthing that is new, somthing never thought of. for all we know, this rumored coaster could be a TTD Copy, Made around TTD!!! HAHAHAHA!

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions