Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Ferrari Land - Port Aventura 2017 Red Force POV!

Ferrari Land - Port Aventura 2017 Red Force POV!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post April 28th, 2015, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
^^There's a rumor that it actual means it has an inverted top hat, but the other problem is that the top speed is slower than Kingda Ka while the height is significantly higher. Guess we'll just wait and see.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post April 28th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Aha! I knew it would be taller!
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post April 28th, 2015, 10:45 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Inb4 Six Flags adds 3.4 ft tall antenna to the top of Kingda Ka and claims that it is taller.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post April 29th, 2015, 12:28 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Nah, they'll just add a giant larson loop on the other side of the tower.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post April 29th, 2015, 5:14 am

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
aj74205 wrote:
Speed and height not relevant? Regardless of force a ~130mph launch is not remotely in the same league as one at 84mph, and even if little time is spent at the apex there is still the incredible ascent to solidify the fact that you've just reached skyscraper height. The views are brief, but breathtaking, the launch simply unparalleled and you won't experience a drop like that elsewhere. Neither TTD or Kingda Ka are in my top 10 as they are totally one-trick ponies, but I'll be damned if it's not a worthwhile trick. The only thing that's not relevant here is comparisons to Baco.

I meaned the height, not the speed. Yeah, I see your points, but for me, height isn't relevant. You'll get a breathtaking view for a second, and that's it. The ascent is too fast to notice anything. You can clearly see it with people who's afraid of heights. They won't have any problem to ride a coaster, but drop towers terrify them. It's just too fast to notice. And I think comparisons to Baco are relevant, as they'll be in the same park (well, kind of) and uses the same tech. I'm not saying they're bad or something. I'm sure it will be a great coaster and I will enjoy it. But I would prefer it to make something else than a trick (even if it's a very good trick).

Post November 12th, 2015, 10:35 am

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Theme Park Worldwide made a construction update video! Still quite a way to go. :)

Taron>Helix get mad

Post December 8th, 2015, 1:22 pm
Paradox User avatar

Track and supports on site!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post December 8th, 2015, 2:11 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Oooh its nice to see Intamin re-inventing the strata track to their newer style. Im anxious to see how it turns out!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post December 8th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points

Post December 8th, 2015, 3:19 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

:( I'm really not a fan of the new track
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post January 14th, 2016, 12:26 pm
Paradox User avatar

Vertical construction has begun!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post January 14th, 2016, 4:28 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
This has somewhat gone under the radar - so many special projects knocking around at the moment!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 14th, 2016, 4:30 pm
Paradox User avatar

This is projected to open in Spring of 2017 now and not late 2016 as the park originally had planned for
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post January 14th, 2016, 4:33 pm
mkingy User avatar

Ah thanks for the update Paradox - any news on if this will be an extension of Port Aventura or a seperate ticketed area?
Coaster Count - 198

Post January 14th, 2016, 5:09 pm
Paradox User avatar

mkingy wrote:
Ah thanks for the update Paradox - any news on if this will be an extension of Port Aventura or a seperate ticketed area?

Last I heard it will be a separate gate with a separate entry fee.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post January 15th, 2016, 11:39 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Those bright red supports just draw my attention! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post January 16th, 2016, 1:11 pm
Paradox User avatar

More supports going up!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post January 20th, 2016, 12:39 pm
Paradox User avatar

More going up!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post January 21st, 2016, 10:27 am

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
is the track going to be beyond vertical?
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post January 21st, 2016, 1:15 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The quad spine track is....interesting lol. Magnumfreak, I think the tower will look a bit different since the track is so beefy. I doubt it goes beyond vertical.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 21st, 2016, 1:24 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Those are two double-spined sections of track laying side by side guys.... Notice the support connector, spine-to-spine connectors, and diagonals.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post January 21st, 2016, 2:09 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Oh whoops I assumed they decided to make the beefiest track that ever beefed and were going to incorporate into the support towers structure instead of just attaching it to the tower like what is traditionally done.

That ambitious hope is now dead lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 22nd, 2016, 4:15 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Well, sounds like another X2 layout... by the different company lol. :P
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post January 22nd, 2016, 7:04 am
mkingy User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
they decided to make the beefiest track that ever beefed.

I lol'd
Coaster Count - 198

Post January 22nd, 2016, 9:34 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (7.36 KiB) Viewed 2790 times

PortAventura World Parks & Resort launches a new corporate website with a special section about the Ferrari Land project

PortAventura, 18 January 2016. ??? Following the release of the new branding, PortAventura World Parks & Resort continues revealing novelties. Today the resort launches its new multi-device website that has been completely overhauled to allow users to enjoy the resort experience from the comfort of their own homes. The final touches to the new website will be implemented over the course of this week but as of today it is accessible online.

Pantallazo home.png
Portada_hotel.png
Ficha atraccioG????++n.png
Nuestros_mundos.png

PortAventura has gone one step further by developing a new website adapted to the current services offered by the resort. It is a more modern, more visual website, which uses multimedia content to create a much richer and simpler browsing experience, showcasing the overall resort in a digital environment and adapting the content to the needs of each client.

Website users will find everything they need to plan their trip, buy tickets and search the different leisure options offered by PortAventura World Parks & Resort. The new system interfaces are designed to streamline the processes of buying tickets, booking hotels and generally exploring all of the experiences offered by the resort on computer, mobile phone or tablet.

The new website also strengthens the bonds of customer loyalty, through a personal private area, which will make it possible to establish a much closer relationship with resort visitors. In this way it will be possible to offer customized content and products for each visitor profile.

Giovanni Cavalli, General Sales Director of PortAventura World Parks & Resort, stated: ???We are confident that the user will enjoy the resort experience provided through this new portal. We aim to provide a simple and visual space, accessible to the whole family, which allows us to simultaneously incorporate all the necessary tools to get to know each user and customise services for each individual. That will allow us to increase our direct sales.???

Special section dedicated to Ferrari Land

75554_Aerial4with logo.jpg

land_pag18_75554_launchview1_20140926.jpg
land_pag11_75554_droptower_140926.jpg

The new website features a special section dedicated to Ferrari Land, the new theme park of PortAventura World Parks & Resort that is due to open in 2017. This landing page for the project will follow construction progress and over the coming months uncover new details about this exciting park, unique in Europe.

Ferrari Land will be a new theme park dedicated to the Prancing Horse, adding to the existing offer and making PortAventura World Parks & Resort the European destination with the highest number of theme parks (3). This new park inspired by Ferrari will involve a total investment of around 100 million Euros. Ferrari Land will occupy an area of 60,000 m2 and will have many diverse and exciting new attractions, adrenaline-filled and with a significant technological bias, mainly for families and fans of the Ferrari brand of all ages. The completion of construction of Ferrari Land is planned for late 2016 and will open in 2017. This new partnership between Ferrari and PortAventura World Parks & Resort will allow the latter to strengthen its leading position among family leisure destinations in Europe and offer visitors a unique experience. Currently PortAventura World Parks & Resort receives around 4 million people each year, of which about 50% comes from the international market.

75554-00_Trattoria_NorthDining_20150803.jpg
75554_Trattoria_SouthDining_20150728.jpg

The new landing page for the Ferrari Land project is launched with unpublished content including a video virtual tour, showing for the first time what the future theme park will be like.

The video introduces the vertical accelerator, billed as one of the park???s star attractions. It will stand at a mighty height of 112 metres and will take the title of Europe???s highest roller coaster, even beating PortAventura World Parks & Resort???s very own Shambhala (76 metres). On board the accelerator passengers experience the same sensations as in Formula 1 racing with an acceleration of 180 km/h in just 5 seconds, the equivalent of 1.35 G. They are immediately propelled 112 metres up in the air, and then plummet back down at a maximum inclination of 90??.

Today PortAventura also unveils for the first time previously unseen images of other attractions: Two bounce-back towers over 55 metres high and a fun 570-metre race track, designed for the whole family, for a real F1 driving experience. The details of these and other attractions that make up the theme park will be announced over the coming months.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!