Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! New GCI for Morey's Piers in 2013!

New GCI for Morey's Piers in 2013!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post April 16th, 2011, 3:14 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
The two layouts look pretty decent. Good for a park like Moreys. I wounder which if either of these two concepts will be the final design.

Post April 16th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Jcoasters

You have to remember its not final.

Originally posted by Tetsu

The two layouts look pretty decent. Good for a park like Moreys. I wounder which if either of these two concepts will be the final design.

Where does that article say anything about that? It doesnt. Only difference in the layouts is that crossover section but thats not going to make or break the design.

Im basing it off the computer render which I can trust. Its not an artist drawing, its a computer render. Im sure there wont be that many changes in the coming months. Theres more involved in this project than your standard coaster plot. The time frame isnt surprising.

Post April 16th, 2011, 7:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points

Post April 16th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Real, I didnt read the article but I know that coaster company's produce many designs for a coaster. That way the buyer can choose the layout that works best for them. It is very possible that the drawing was one design while the render was the chosen design. I may be wrong about that though because I dont work for GCI and I highly doubt they will tell us before/if the ride is built.

Post April 16th, 2011, 7:27 pm

That other CAD (which is quite different) looks better but still not as dynamic as their past stuff.

Post April 16th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Morey's just wants a new coaster that will be fun to Family's. GCI does a great job with that. It will still be fun though. I mean, whats wrong with it? It will fun and mildly thrilling, and I think, a great addition to the park. No, it isn't KingDa Ka, but it still seems like a great ride.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post May 31st, 2011, 4:40 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points

Post June 10th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Post June 10th, 2011, 7:47 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Jcoasters

I mean, whats wrong with it?

It's a GCI
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 11th, 2011, 12:58 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post June 11th, 2011, 1:26 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
^Exactly what I was thinking.
American Eagle Lover

Post June 11th, 2011, 1:57 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
So? Holiday World also already had two bitchin' coasters before Voyage was built.

Post June 11th, 2011, 3:02 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post June 11th, 2011, 12:45 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by hyyyper

So? Holiday World also already had two bitchin' coasters before Voyage was built.

But Holiday World wasn't stupid enough to buy a GCI.

Post June 11th, 2011, 4:25 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
There is nothing wrong with buying a GCI.

From the three major woodie builders, GCI is the best bet.
Gravity Group's coasters seem to get rough REALLY quick,
Intamins are overpriced and have 0 laterals,
GCI's have less airtime, but still pretty smooth and kick-ass.

Perhaps the best thing to do is build a TGG, and then let GCI retrack it. Boulder Dash style. (And yes I know that was a CCI, but you get the point)

Post June 11th, 2011, 4:38 pm

TGG's only get rough because of the trains. Gwazi and the PTC GCI's got just as rough.

We can only imagine that the Timberliners will solve this problem and if they work well enough, enable them to design stronger rides than GCI. Its not the TGG tracking thats an issue or flaws in its design, its simply the track is designed to be intense and those heavy PTC's demolish any hope of smoothness after a year or two.

So youre real best bet is to build a TGG, put Timberliners on it and give GCI the middle finger :P

I love GCI's...but its a different style ride.

Post June 11th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

TGG's only get rough because of the trains. Gwazi and the PTC GCI's got just as rough.

We can only imagine that the Timberliners will solve this problem and if they work well enough, enable them to design stronger rides than GCI. Its not the TGG tracking thats an issue or flaws in its design, its simply the track is designed to be intense and those heavy PTC's demolish any hope of smoothness after a year or two.

So youre real best bet is to build a TGG, put Timberliners on it and give GCI the middle finger :P

I love GCI's...but its a different style ride.

gwazi still has alt of areas where the old trains damaged the track.so badly that the new trains get affected by it..
the yellow side has been improved n was amazing.
but blue was still painfully rough..

i hope we can finally make a wood track/train combination that won't shred the track up as fast :)

Post June 11th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by highthrills2

i hope we can finally make a wood track/train combination that won't shred the track up as fast :)

Millenium flyers and GCI rides. Timberliners and GG rides too.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post June 11th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Actually wooden warrior was a bit rough even with the timberliners. Not terribly so, but nothing like a gci. It has a lot to do with the builder, who is Martin & vleminckx. They need a better builder, that has less flaws in the track.

Post June 11th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

Actually wooden warrior was a bit rough even with the timberliners. Not terribly so, but nothing like a gci. It has a lot to do with the builder, who is Martin & vleminckx. They need a better builder, that has less flaws in the track.

Agreed, I really hope GG stops using M&V. They fudged up Boardwalk Bullet, apparently this has some kinks, and the turnarounds on Zippin Pippin really has some kinks.

I mean for the most part they do a very good job, but it seems like all of their coasters have some sort of terrible kink...Boardwalk Bullet had them EVERYWHERE though.

Who does GGs steel supported rides?

Post June 11th, 2011, 11:41 pm

Well, Thunderhead wasn't as smooth as it was when I rode it a year after opening. Same for Lightning Racer. M&V are hit and miss. Look at Fireball, that tracking looked perfect and reports were about the same. Even the RPOV's didn't show anything weird.

Not sure who does their steel supported rides. I know rcdb has no info on Voyage regarding that. And I rode it opening day and apart from the one "kink" (that turned into airtime...lol) it rode as true as you could hope for a ride its size, scale and speed. I thought the kink was a design and actually it turned out there was an error in the footers, caused that track to be a bit lower and resulted in this crazy kink of airtime.

Maybe they do it all?

The PTC's dont help at all, just look at any GCI that used them. They turned even their stellar work into crap in years too.

Post June 12th, 2011, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

PTC's are not designed to handle the tight and quick transitions that accompany most of the modern "twister" style coasters. Case and point: Texas Giant, Mean Streak, and Ghostrider. Even with the "extra padding" that was added to the Ghostrider trains a few years ago, the ride is still painfully rough. PTC's are definitely more suited towards the older straight, and or, out and back coasters such as: GASM @ SFOG, Judge Roy Scream @ SFOT, American Eagle at SFGam, Rebell Yell @ KD, and Racer at KI. In summary, PTC's are not designed to handle high lateral forces.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post June 12th, 2011, 2:35 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Real
The PTC's dont help at all, just look at any GCI that used them. They turned even their stellar work into crap in years too.

Only GCI I've been on that seemed like it was trying really really hard to do soemthing worthwhile was Wildcat, and I rode that with the Millennium's. At around 42 secondsish in the pov I linked to below the track kind of dips down in the middle of the turn, and I remember that had a pretty good slam. I'd imagine that section of track got torn up pretty fast with the PTC's.

Roar (SFA) and Lightning Racer did nothing memorable whatsoever and quite honestly they were so lifeless it's like I've never been on them.

GCI's kind of commit the crime of being too bland. Yes a really brutal Togo coaster WILL be worse, it's just it at least as the charm of being the totally ridiculous brutal Togo coaster everyone loves to hate.

Post June 12th, 2011, 11:40 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Please go ride Thunderhead, Prowler, Renegade, American Thunder, or Terminator. They all have great pacing and really good shots of air where the train goes from 4g to 0g really quickly.

Post June 12th, 2011, 11:54 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Honestly, CoasterkidMWM? You are perhaps the worst bitch when it comes to GCI because you've only been on 2 of them. In reality, I rank GCI higher than CCI/GG and Intamin Prefabs. You seriously are comparable to a person who is racist against black people because he/she met only one black person. Until you've tried GCI's newer rides like Thunderhead and later, you will only appear to be a stubborn ass.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!