Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Phantasialand 2016: Taron and Raik

Phantasialand 2016: Taron and Raik

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
deere839 wrote:
^then what is?

There isn't one.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

There are many reasons for Intamin's stumble in the U.S., but I would have to write multiple paragraphs to explain this. And this is only with coasters, by the way. They are building drop towers very frequently along with other flat rides, and supply many parts to parks.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Really, they haven't stumbled. They're still building rides but all they don't off all that many coasters. All the recent rides built in the US are kinds that intamin doesn't really build. They don't redo old woodies, make wing riders, or make Inverts. The only real argument can be made for the Giga coasters, but when was the last time you saw an out n back Intamin

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ I know that last bit was rhetorical but, the S:ROS's, MF, and Walibi's Goliath, and to some degree EGF.
I have to agree though, its not that intamin stumbled, just the current trend/demand is not in their wheelhouse, I have no doubt that they still put in bids for projects, they just don't get picked because parks want the product thats "in".
What are these for?

Well, I guess they're out and backs but Fury and leviathan are both in skinny long plots, while intamins tend to take much more room.

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

That's to the parks parameters. That has nothing to do with Intamin's style. They have a mix of different layout; as do other companies.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

I'm just saying that they don't design their layouts to be a straight stretch like that. They tend to like long G inducing curves and twisty sections. If they really had to they would probably do it but it just wouldn't be as good. The closest to a skinny out an back like that is El Toro and even that ride doesn't do it.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ while this gets way off topic, Goliath has a pretty skinny footprint with only the helix an s-curves at the back end, and one of the S:ROS, I forget if it's Darrien lake or SFAm, has only 2 helices and hills
What are these for?

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Regardless of you lot - Germany could be getting another world class ride :D
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
Germany could be getting another world class ride :D

Phantasialand knowingly it's going to get proper theming. The only thing I'm more worried about is the tracklayout. Usually such things can make or break a ride. Especially since Phantasialand is extremely good in keeping secrets when it comes to building new rides.
I haven't ridden Cheetah Hunt yet, so it's hard for me to judge about this concept being placed into Phantasialand. Cheetah hunt look too much spread out for that. But they've cleared a huge plot of land for this ride and as well: Chiapas, their newest waterride. Was a good and fun surprise on how it turned out.

I guess time will only tell on how awesome or crap this project is going to be. The park opens again on the 28th of March. So I assume we'll get more frequent updates after that date. Maybe as well some kind of official announcement with more details. Knowing Phantasialand they usually put some advertisements or something near the construction site. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I still don't think layout will be a huge problem as Phantasialand has never messed up before. Black Mamba's layout is great for the terrain and Winjas is all out crazy with the whole indoor special track sections.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Paradox wrote:
Winjas is all out crazy with the whole indoor special track sections.

Personally I think Winjas is one of the flaws there. The special sections are unique, but they do kill the pacing a lot. Not to forget, the ride is over in less than 5 seconds after those elements.

Paradox User avatar

Intamin Confirmed!!!

EDIT: Pictures broken
Last edited by Paradox on August 25th, 2015, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

This is going to be interesting. I'm getting really curious for the layout. :)

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

This park is so well known for EPIC success, I loved riding their coasters and that freaking flume. I can't wait to see what they have planned :D
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Paradox User avatar

Chiapas is the best flume in the world. Just freaking awesome!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
mkingy wrote:
Germany could be getting another world class ride :D

Phantasialand knowingly it's going to get proper theming. The only thing I'm more worried about is the tracklayout. Usually such things can make or break a ride. Especially since Phantasialand is extremely good in keeping secrets when it comes to building new rides.
I haven't ridden Cheetah Hunt yet, so it's hard for me to judge about this concept being placed into Phantasialand. Cheetah hunt look too much spread out for that. But they've cleared a huge plot of land for this ride and as well: Chiapas, their newest waterride. Was a good and fun surprise on how it turned out.

I guess time will only tell on how awesome or crap this project is going to be. The park opens again on the 28th of March. So I assume we'll get more frequent updates after that date. Maybe as well some kind of official announcement with more details. Knowing Phantasialand they usually put some advertisements or something near the construction site. :)

Cheetah Hunt is more of a family Coaster than I think this is going to be. On a an Intamin intensity scale with Maverick, 1305, and Fahrenheit ranking close to 10, Cheetah Hunt would be like a 5. It's a fun ride geared for wider ranges of riders. I think this will be about a 7

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
It's funny that Busch Gardens Tampa is a park where the Intamin coaster is about the least intense of the bunch.

The description for this project sounds great, and we know the theme will be top notch, looking forward to watching it evolve.

EDIT: Also, Intamin's last US coaster may have been Skyrush, but they've done plenty of business worldwide averaging 3+ coasters a year (i.e. Juvelen, Nefeskesen, Altair) - they just haven't been as visible.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
For those who are wondering what Taron means, it's the Chinese translation for "Talon." Should be an interesting ride.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

I know Busch gardens Tampa is looking into what to invest they have seven options into the land of where gwazi is I hope these are the options rmc,intanim giga,b&m giga or launch or a ride like maverick

Paradox User avatar

First they have to save up for the money and wait until Blackfish becomes somewhat more irrelevant.

I really want PETA to burn in Hell where they belong.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

^blackfish is dieing and they said it them selves that they are looking into several options

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Lol not the posts I was expecting...I do think Blackfish makes a relevant point, though I'm not going to delve into it and I am always one to try to take the approach of balance over sensationalism. I hope Busch Tampa goes giga, FL and that area of the country have nothing in that vein and I think that park could be an amazing setting for such a coaster. That being said, BGE's new coaster leaves me with low, low expectations.

On Taron, I'm pretty floored to see what Intamin cooks up.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!