Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area New launched gerstlauer- original elements

New launched gerstlauer- original elements

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 22nd, 2011, 3:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
I saw the original elements thread, and decided it would be fun to do a gerstlauer because their elements and shaping are very original. I did a double zero g roll, but i usually think it feels/looks retarded so i made a banked turn going into and out of it. I also made an interesting round immelman thing that is also really cool. Then a half cobra roll into a barrel roll.

Post October 22nd, 2011, 3:41 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Pretty cool, just huge, maybe if it was a bit more compact with strong G's.

Post October 22nd, 2011, 3:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
It definately has strong gs, and its much faster paced than it looks to be. Its really not that big. It was kinda modeled after the style used on the new ride at Fuji-Q, which is also huge.

Post October 22nd, 2011, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,369.00 Points
The elements are actually pretty original, but Gertslauer is known for its compact use of elements, which is why they manage to add odd inversions. This would actually work better for a large-scale train based coaster (probably an Intamin based on the use of inversions), can't wait to see the double 0-g roll used well

Im trying to utilize a Wild-Mouse style hairpin turn into one of my own elements, and I noticed if I put the turn perpendicular to the ground I get this interesting lateral-g airtime sensation...yet it wont work for a train-based coaster.

Post October 23rd, 2011, 1:10 am

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
I did that for a lim launched coaster that I will be uploading hopefully this year.
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Return to Hard Hat Area