Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Star Trek Mack Coaster - Movie Park Germany 2017

Star Trek Mack Coaster - Movie Park Germany 2017

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

it'll ride like heaven though
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wow the layout sounds effective to their style that wants slow-mo inversion moments! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
I cannot wait to ride this actually
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

I literally find that ultra mini-straight section to be interesting! That'll start fooling us into thinking like there's a "small" airtime hump! Whohoo! x'D

I'd love to ride this! :D

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I'll reserve my opinion until actually riding it - I can't say that POV has given me any great expectations.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Hooray I got one awesome find! You can try this futuristic website now to see the ride details! - https://www.operation-enterprise.de/en/ -

8-) Looks like spaceship indicators! 8-)

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Time for me to head out soon to this park. It's only an hour away. Maybe I could squeeze in a visit tomorrow. ~<3
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Turbo User avatar

plz dirk tell me what I'm in for in august
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
So, yesterday I took the short drive off to the park on my standard day off. Even due the constantly changing weather conditions, it was open and managed to do a few rides on it.

Height of the train after the first forward launch. Not super high but in the front it's fun.

The actual ride entrance is further down into the park. The small theme area looks really nice.

Incorporated some typical elements in the Star Trek theme.

I do dislike that there is no gateway made in the fence near the door. Now you'd have to walk all the way to the side to enter the queue, if you don't want to climb over it.

There is quite some room for a queue on the inside, but not overly massive. I think it would hold 45-60min tops when all gates are opened.

This looked quite cool, but I noticed the projectors weren't fully aligned yet.

The Borg cube is apparently just a bunch of ciruit boards stolen from computers.

I do wonder how long this will hold. Or how long it will take before they shield this off. This was a common happening, even with the staff occasionally talking/yelling at people not to touch it.

Eventually you'd get to the end of the first queue and people are being split up in 2 smaller groups. Story begins and you are being led through a door to a smaller room. More story stuff happens and you are being transported to the ship. Some epilepsy warning here as it happens with a strobe light...

The final bit of storyline is being told on the Deck and then you are sent off to your ships.

In the hallway you'd pass people exiting the ride. (I can see people sneaking through these fences though :/ )

I've occasionally noticed that on the smaller groups, the station is just (almost) empty on arrival of the new group. Even front rows stay completely open meanwhile there are only a few left queuing for the backrow. :lol:

After boarding and bags are being put on the opposite of the station. Trains are being sent off with an alarm going off. Ready for take off!

I personally hoped more stuff happened during the transfer of the train to the launch area, but there wasn't much to see other than a monitor. The launch was quite disappointing too. As soon as the doors open, you rolled out slowly onto the launch section for the launch. (So many missed opportunities! :C ) Eventually the launch happened and the front gave a good butterfly feeling due being on a 90?? tilt. Backwards launch was good. With the front seats not noticing much of that spike. The back gave a cool view and about the same butterfly feeling as the front on the initial launch.
The final launch gave just enough power to clear the first element. Not very interesting in the front, but the backseat gave some nice airtime going down. The rolls went quite slow, about the same speed as those on Colossus. Quite funny but nothing out of control. The dive through the Borg cube was nice, funky little airtime afterwards with the little hop underneath the final roll giving a nice ejector. But same as the previous rolls, the final roll into the brake was quite slow.
Overal opinion, hard to say atm. It may be that they're still fine-tuning certain stuff but I doubt it's going to be much faster than as it is. As much as the one in Slagharen surprised me, as much as this one kinda let me down. Still a fun ride, but it's not as insane out of control as it looked to be. Also I think the lengthy pre-show stuff weighs in a bit. Very nice for the first few times. But after a few times you'd just want to continue to the station as it would take off an extra 5-10min.

The gift shop looks quite nice. A good place for a trekkie :3

I was quite lucky in the morning as the ride was down for quite a few hours during the day. It finally opened back up near the end of the day.

Well... That was the report about the new ride.

All pictures can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskWFNJQi

A small mention about the park though:
Bandit has improved quite a lot on ride smoothness. I spotted a bunch of new track and from how it currently rides. A lot smoother in most of the areas. There is about 300ft of track left to do and the entire rails have been replaced in the last few years. The downside imo is that it felt downtuned as well. But that might be just because of the cold and rainy weather.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Wow the train is long compared to the size of each inversion! It does give us a big impact! :D

Turbo User avatar

Thanks for that full report Dirk! I'm still excited to ride it and it looks like they really tried to go all out on it.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 301.00 Points
I must say that I didn??t heard much about that ride. So its nice to read a very detailed report about it!

If the Station seems to be empty after the pre show, I think they need to increase the number of people going in it.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Here's a great POV from front and back rows!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

^ I do feel like claiming "What beautiful roll rates!" :D

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!