Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster New NL Feature Idea!!

New NL Feature Idea!!

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post November 4th, 2003, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,103.00 Points

This is something that I wrote Ole about a while ago, and I still think it's an awesome idea. Wouldn't it be great if while in the simulator / external view or any view for that matter, you could hit a key on the keyboard to place a "camera" in that location. Then you could switch between locked camera views that have been placed throughout the layout. An example could be a picture in picture (PIP) view so you could be viewing one of the camera views full screen and a POV for one of the PIP and say cameras 3,4, and 5 in the other PIPs. I just think it's an awesome idea. Especially with exchanging designs with one another. The camera locations would be saved with the track file and the person viewing would be able to recall whatever dynamic angle you have preset for them to view.
Just an idea.

Post November 17th, 2003, 6:16 pm

Ok so I'm replying to my own topic.[:p]
What are anybodies thoughts on this. I can't be the only one who has thought of this. It would be frickin' rockin'. Oh well.
Later

Post November 17th, 2003, 7:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

you mean like CCTV (closed circuit television) around the ride. I think that would be cool. Also be nice if you could see each of the views was shown on the ride_op's panel

Post November 17th, 2003, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

Yup! I agree that'd be great! What'd he say about it? (Ole)

Post November 18th, 2003, 1:22 am

He never responded, but that was about a year ago that I sent him an e-mail. I figured if I could people talking about it here, it would spark the interest more and possibly get back to him (Ole). It seems like it would be pretty easy. But then again I have no idea about programing.

Post November 18th, 2003, 8:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,038.00 Points
I always thought it would be cool to have a feature where you could turn it on and off in the games main menu on the Sim, where you could have the option of people riding that are like the ones on Badnitrus's rides. Your idea is also great. Then again, I could think of a lot of things. Hydraulic Launches, Custom Stations, and the list goes on and on....

Post November 19th, 2003, 11:12 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

[i]Then again, I could think of a lot of things. Hydraulic Launches, Custom Stations, and the list goes on and on....

Can't you make coustem stations? ok..yes in 3ds, and testures with the environmental editor....

Anyway, the origional idea is cool! and the CCTV cameras on the op pannel is also a great idea, or on like a board behind it in black and white to look real....[8D]

Post November 19th, 2003, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Ok, NL for Ole is just a hobbie and he barely ever has time for it. I'm not criticizing or anything. That idea would be awesome, it would also make videos for NL a snap.

Post November 26th, 2003, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,450.00 Points

Post November 27th, 2003, 8:11 am

Points on hand: 5,725.00 Points

Hmm CSTRFRK its a really good idea but wouldnt have multiple viewing angles all shown at once seriously pull down peoples framerates ?? Im talking about the average person here who doesnt have a top end machine able to handle something like that. at the moment my comp bareley runs NL. but I still use it.

Return to No Limits Coaster