Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Orford Theme Park

Orford Theme Park

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post July 11th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points
dont be dead plz
Six Flags Great Adventure is my home park.

Post July 12th, 2016, 6:25 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,823.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I agree, please don't be kill.

I'm building a new PC this week, so I'll have NL2 and a decent computer again for the first time in a few years - I'd love to be able to have a go with this park on the new rig!

Post July 13th, 2016, 7:41 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I'm going to relieve some stress here, Tris has been busy with a lot of university work and life stuff, he hasn't had much time but when he does he likes to come back to this. It's not dead, if anything the progress slowed drastically.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post July 28th, 2016, 7:29 am

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
I think it's time for an update!

As Turbo has mentioned I've been incredibly busy with life recently and not had a lot of time to play NL2. That doesn't mean that I haven't been working on the project though and I wanted to wait until there were some substantial changes to give another update. So don't worry, I've still got a whole tank of inspiration left and I'm not planning on abandoning the project at all!

The park looks much more complete than it actually is, I've got an enormous amount of things planned and to do and the detail that really makes the park will take a very long time. I'll include the plans in the captions of the pictures below. (I've included a lot to make up for the lack of updates)

One of the biggest changes that I've made is replacing the spinning coaster with a corkscrew coaster that I have integrated into the nautical theme. I think that it looks generally more aesthetically pleasing and acts as a better "central coaster" I've still got to finish some of the track and most of the supports are temporary/not done so right now it's very rough.

I also wanted to make sure that it had some interaction with the rapids below. The supports in this definitely need improving so I'll try and make them look less awkward.

I also made some changes to Bermuda's scenery, using Flux's NL2 rock set which worked really well and don't have too much of an impact on fps.

The rapids is still in progress and will probably be the hardest part to get working since at the moment the rafts still don't move and unless I can somehow animate some rapid water, it's going to be more of a lazy river haha. I've also still got to add the station building somewhere and do loads of theming. I may even improve the actual raft models.

Another very big change I've made is the West Marsh Mine Train. The station is still a work in progress and I'm planning on making the roof a bit more interesting. I think that this area is in it's 3rd version so who knows what the final version will look like. There is also a little empty space outside where the old pirate ship was so I'm planning on adding a little mine themed food place with tables or something there.

I've also began working on the parks entrance, which I'm going to make look a bit more grand very soon. I've still got to model all the buildings and scenery for the main street. I also felt that the entrance felt a little bit far away from the park and there was no big coaster there to stand proudly so I decided to add a wooden coaster. It's fairly small but I'm pleased with the pacing and the twisty layout. Plus it makes for a much more impressive skyline from the entrance.

I think I'll finish this update with a bunch of bonus screenshots of the park so far. It's still so far from done and I'll probably make an update based on my plans for the park soon. Most of the stuff is still unfinished and I don't stop experimenting with scenery until I'm 100% happy with it so don't treat anything you see as final. Feel free to leave any suggestions or things you'd like to see added.

Post July 28th, 2016, 9:08 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,228.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2016, 9:41 am

Points on hand: 2,091.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2016, 1:43 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The shaping of the corkscrew coaster looks very un-arrow like lol. Can you show a closeup of the corkscrew entrance? It also looks to be very squished.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 28th, 2016, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
^Yeah it's pretty rough track right now and I'm still playing about with it to get something I'm happy with. I was going for more of a vekoma style but then it evolved and got a bit out of hand haha. The entrance to the corkscrews isn't as squished as it looks but the actual corkscrews do feel a bit short (they're just inserted premade elements) so I'm going to re-do those parts.

Post July 28th, 2016, 5:11 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Just call it a newer Vekoma model and you're set.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 29th, 2016, 6:45 am

Points on hand: 150.00 Points
Great looking park!
Do.you change the terrain first and then build the coaster and park around the hills?or do you create the hills and terrain as you go along?

Keep up the awesome work!

Post July 29th, 2016, 11:13 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Just call it a newer Vekoma model and you're set.

This looks freakin' smooth for an Arrow looper. http://rcdb.com/1603.htm#p=39388 - :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area