Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster - SeaWorld San Antonio 2017

Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster - SeaWorld San Antonio 2017

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Last edited by Paradox on September 27th, 2016, 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

i'm predicting a cross between this:

http://rcdb.com/4293.htm

and this:

http://rcdb.com/12772.htm
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Well, I wonder if "Jet Rescue" is counted as one of Moto Coasters among enthusiasts. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
spacemountainfan619 wrote:

and this:

I'm predicting only the first link :|
Taron>Helix get mad

Points on hand: 2,091.00 Points

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Intamin jet ski coaster please.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points

and this:

It's very likely to be more of a family ride, so I doubt we'll see anything Flying Aces sized. I'm hoping it is a little more similar to Juvelen at Djurs Sommerland (http://rcdb.com/11058.htm) as Jet Rescue looks like a short ride even by family coaster standards, but either way it should be a good fit for the park. Hopefully we know more in the next couple months so that I can decide whether to go to San Antonio this fall as planned or delay my trip until next year.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Well at first I thought that a jet ski would mean a parasailing + bungy jump attraction. ;)

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Now all we need is the layout we have the entrance.

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,208.00 Points
deere839 wrote:
Now all we need is the layout we have the entrance.

looks awesome, although a bit under-supported.

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

skyscraper wrote:
looks awesome, although a bit under-supported.

I'm sure the concept artist has a great understanding of structural engineering and knows exactly how far apart the supports should be. lol
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
Looks like the ride will have a layout around a (small) square. I think this coaster will be really nice to watch (and ride of course)!

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,208.00 Points
looks like it will be similar to a motorcycle coaster (like Velocity at Flamingo Land).

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

[url]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/new-thrill-at-sea-world-san-diego-2017-t36268.html?sid=8e167e85cbe0eda16d75d5fe179bc246
[/url]
anyone else notice this in their browser bar? or is chrome trolling me?
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

[url]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/new-thrill-at-sea-world-san-diego-2017-t36268.html?sid=8e167e85cbe0eda16d75d5fe179bc246
[/url]
anyone else notice this in their browser bar? or is chrome trolling me?

My guess is that the original title of this topic had San Diego in it, but was quickly corrected.

Paradox User avatar

Yeah I misread it sorry lol
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post September 23rd, 2016, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points

Looks like we got something being announced Monday, guys!
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post September 23rd, 2016, 9:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,336.00 Points
I hope its not the same ocean explorer my Seaworld is getting. If its something big, i might be moving to San Antonio this year.

Post September 23rd, 2016, 9:58 pm
Paradox User avatar

An Intamin Jet Ski would be a great addition!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post September 24th, 2016, 1:46 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Agreed, those rollercoaster look like a tonne of fun!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 24th, 2016, 9:12 am

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Looks like we could get another coaster for 2017!
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post September 26th, 2016, 4:32 pm
Paradox User avatar

Looks like the announcement was moved to tomorrow

EDIT: This picture was revealed. The ride will be called Wave Rider: The Rescue Coaster

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

GOOD! There aren't enough of these.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Paradox User avatar

The announcement happened! The ride looks a lot like Juvelen!

Wave Breaker: The Rescue CoasterTM Jets into SeaWorld?? San Antonio

Double-launch, jet ski-inspired coaster based on marine animal rescue missions will be the first of its kind in North America, Debuting Summer 2017

SAN ANTONIO (September 27, 2016) ??? Race into action on a new generation of coaster that combines the thrill of the sea with the adrenaline rush of a roller coaster in ways never before seen or experienced. Coming to SeaWorld San Antonio in summer 2017, Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster will enable riders to feel what it???s like to race alongside SeaWorld???s heroic animal care team and veterinarians as they spring into action at a moment???s notice to help rescue animals in distress.

???The new coaster promises a ride of a lifetime that???s also unique to SeaWorld???s mission,??? said SeaWorld San Antonio Park President Carl Lum. ???Replicating an adventure limited to only a few trained professionals, Wave Breaker will launch riders into an exhilarating experience similar to going on an animal rescue mission. The coaster is sure to thrill, but also brings awareness to the brave efforts of our animal teams as they join forces with organizations around the world to help ill, injured, orphaned and abandoned animals.???

Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster boasts a variety of features inspired by the reality of jet skiing across a body of water. The unique jet ski-style car design is the first such coaster design in North America and engages riders in a straddled seating position. The design will allow riders to lean into a series of banked and serpentine turns, and grip the handle bars as they race over air time humps and a pair of high acceleration launches. Reaching heights of up to 61-feet, the majority of the coaster???s 2,600-foot track will be directly over water, creating the sensation that riders are racing across the park???s Ski Lake. With a minimum height requirement of 48???, Wave Breaker promises to be a dynamic coaster experience for the whole family.

???Inspired by our guests??? ongoing requests to learn more about how they can help support animal rescue efforts, each ride begins by telling the story of a rescue mission and invites guests to become personally involved in helping to protect animals,??? adds Lum. ???Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster will definitely be a thrilling ride, but we also hope it brings riders on a journey of discovery, as together we work to protect the wild wonders of our world.???

Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster marks a major addition to SeaWorld San Antonio???s coaster portfolio. With the addition of Wave Breaker, SeaWorld San Antonio will feature four coaster experiences, spanning a range of ages and thrills Wave Breaker joins:
1. The Great White?? - a floorless steel rollercoaster challenges riders to 360-degree flips, breathtaking loops, corkscrews and thrilling curves at speeds of up to 50 mph

2. Steel Eel?? - a true hypercoaster featuring a 15-story vertical drop, followed by a series of camelbacks giving riders periods of weightlessness

3. Shamu Express?? - a junior-sized coaster perfect for families with younger children

Share your excitement for Wave Breaker using #SeaWorldWaveBreaker and follow SeaWorld on Facebook (/seaworld), Twitter (@seaworldtexas), Instagram (@seaworldtexas) and Snapchat (@seaworldtx) to learn about promotions and insider information first.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Twice faster than a jet ski in the promo! :D

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!