Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines New To Scream Machines

New To Scream Machines

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post September 27th, 2007, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 3,141.00 Points
I just bought Scream Machines and I've been downloading rides and trying them out so far. I was wondering, just how hard will it be to build a good coaster? I really wanna build rocket coasters (like TTD), but my real goal is to try making a recreation of Maverick, if it's possible

Post September 27th, 2007, 10:03 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,537.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

not hard at all, if you've used no limits, scream machines will be easier to use.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 27th, 2007, 11:53 am

I can't say I've ever used No Limits. I've tried to learn on the No Limits Demo, but the only thing I managed to do was waste 15 minutes trying to figure out what to do lol

Post September 27th, 2007, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

you need to take your time with both programs, scream machines is only easyier with the speed and settings of segments.

you wont be good straight away, all the very good designers hear have taken 3 years or more to get to where they are
Making screams come true

Post September 27th, 2007, 2:18 pm

I know I won't be good at first and I don't expect to be, but how hard would it be to build a coaster like TTD or KK? And how do I get the large support structures for the tower?

Post September 27th, 2007, 2:30 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,537.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

should be easy since those rides are mainly forward and back, only hard part I could think of if the barrel roll but SM has a heartliner integrated so it shouldn't be hard to do
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 27th, 2007, 2:39 pm
dhh User avatar

Points on hand: 68.00 Points
First: read the tutorials, read the tutorials, read the tutorials
Second: just play with it - get a feel for the controls in ALL the different view modes. Know what each of the program features do.
Third: Don't stretch yourself too far too fast - you don't want to get disappointed before you really get going. Although the learning curve is not that steep, look at the coasters others have created as "how to" examples.

From a personal perspective, and yes it is only my opinion, the program is very enjoyable and relatively easy to work with, but then again it's just what I got used to first.

Return to Scream Machines