Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster new track

new track

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 21st, 2004, 11:38 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,873.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

hey all, theres a new coaster coming soon, called....I don't know what [lol]. Its done in the style of Goliath @ SFH, this is probably one of the only rides that I have built that has been done in the style of another ride, or inspired by another ride, usually my rides are completely from my head, but I decided that I really like Goliath @ SFH [lol]. I'm not sure when it will be finished, at the moment I am just tweaking the track in some areas and Bino Maus is creating some 3D's for me, I have no idea how long this will take and so, I don't know when the track will be completed.

I was building another coaster that was inspired by a real coaster, it was a Nemesis-esk ride. A small B&M inverted coaster that dived down into the ground and over the station, but that one never really got off the ground (excuse the pun), it just wasn't going well so I abandonned it.

Here is a picture, taken in the editor, of the new 'Goliath-esk' ride:

As said before, I don't know what it shall be called, I'm not all that great with names. At the moment I can only think of "Gargantua" meaning big, but it isn't really very big, its only 160ft tall and it doesn't even have a midcourse brake run. If anyone has any ideas for a name then don't hesitate to suggest your idea.

Post July 21st, 2004, 11:41 am

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Post July 21st, 2004, 12:02 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
and Bino Maus is creating some 3D's for me

Why not learn how to create 3d's yourself like I did??? Start with Anim8tor and object creator instead of going balls by spending alot of $$$ on 3ds max or whatever. Anyway, the supports look nice. I hope the ride will turn out well.

Post July 21st, 2004, 12:17 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,873.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I would have no idea where to begin with making 3D's hehe, as said before, I am most definitely not a technical person. I have been told though that it is a little bit like building level for unreal tournament, except just one object rather than a whole level and I am quite an exprienced unreal tournament level builder so you know maybe I could try with my next track, but for now Bino is making the 3D's for this ride [;)]

Post July 21st, 2004, 12:32 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
I never have anyone help me. Maybe I should, instead of figuering things out all the time like I did earlier. I suggest beginnig with object creator, then a tutorial in anim8tor. www.gravimetricstudios.com and www.anim8tor.com They're both free unless you want to buy OC, but you don't have to because the eval version is good enough.

Post July 21st, 2004, 12:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,717.00 Points

Well mabye it could be called 'cool coaster with twists' or 'sparky the alien ride.' I'm not that great with names either but it looks quite cool to me.

C2004

Post July 21st, 2004, 3:14 pm

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
--------------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 21st, 2004, 8:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,579.00 Points
U can use one of my old old names back when i was still MonkeyBoy and i stunk:

Triton

(dont worry. I swear ill never rate one of my old coasters. My old name wasnt working.)

Post July 21st, 2004, 10:32 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Furry of Neptune ....*theme Music* duh duh duh */theme music*

Post July 21st, 2004, 10:57 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

i have a theam if you would like,

FENRIR

Fenrir, also known as Fenris-wolf, is from Norse mythology. Fenrir was a fierce giant wolf. He was so dangerous the the gods decided to bind him in chains. After trying the strongest chains, which Fenrir broke, the gods made a magical invisible chain called Gleiphir which was made from many impossible substances including the roots of a mountain, the noise of a moving cat, the breath of a fish, the sinews of a bear, etc. It is said that during the mythical battle of Ragnorok, Fenrir will break free of the chain and will devour everything, including Odin, the king of the gods. However, Fenrir dies after killing Odin, as his son Vidar stabs him.

Or

GRENDEL

In the eighth century English epic called Beowulf, the monster Grendel is descibed. Grendel is a giant, half-man and half-monster. Every night Grendel would terrorize the hall of the Danish King Hrothgar, killing thiry of his men nightly. This started a terrible feud between Hrothgar's court and Grendel that would last many years. Each night the creature would return and murder and destroy and no one could stop him, as he was under an enchantment that made Grendel invulnerable to a sword. Eventually, Beowulf came to Hrothgar's court and swore that he would kill the beast. When Grendel arrived, Beowulf wrestled with the creature, eventually using great strength to rip Grendel's arm off. The arm was nailed up as a trophy in the court. Grendel retreated to his cave and died of the wound and of his great misery at the fact that he had lost his only pleasure: tormenting and killing those in Hrothgar's hall. After witnessing the death of her son, Grendel's mother, a beast scarcely less terrible than her son, a water-troll, determined to avenge her son. She came at night to the hall and tore down her son's arm. Beowulf followed her and saw her disappear into the waters of Dark Lake. He was attacked by serpents and brought to her cave. A terrible battle ensued and even though he had been terribly wounded by her claws, Beowulf killed Grendel's mother. Upon doing this, he noticed an enormus sword. This was the only sword that could harm Grendel. So he used it and lopped off the head of the creature and carried it back to the hall as a trophy.

Or, as i keep going on and you all say why the hell does he know this,

HYDRA

The hydra of Greek mythology is a fierce creature born from Echinda and Typhon. This water serpent was known as having multiple heads, usually numbered at nine. It was the second of Heracles' twelve labours to kill the hydra. During the fight, everytime Heracles chopped off one of the hydra's nine heads, two more grew in its place. So Heracles asked for the help of his nephew Iolaus, who would cauterize each stump when Heracles chopped off a head, preventing the regrowth of two heads. Because the last of the heads was immortal, Heracles was forced to bury it under a large boulder. After killing the Hydra, Heracles dipped his arrows in the blood of the beast. These arrows were used to kill Geryon. However, this labour was not counted as Heracles was aided by Iolaus. It is sometimes said that the hydra had the body of a dog. It is said that the breath of the hydra is so poisonous that it could kill a man just by inhalation.

or

ZIZ

A bird mentioned in the book of Psalms, the ziz is a bird of enormous size, much like the roc. It can block out the sun with its wings and has incredible strength. It is said that it was created to protect all the small birds, and without its protection, these birds would have died a long time ago. The ziz is said to be kosher by the Jews. It is supposed to be one of the things served at the messianic banquet at the end of days along with the behemoth and the leviathan.

Tell me what you think. If you want more just pm me and i can give any one names if they need it! I gave you those Gouldy, because they would work with the land scape that you have from the pic. Gouldy if you like just pm me and i will give you my Screen Name and email so i can get you pics. ok

Return to No Limits Coaster