Board index Public Relations Introductions Nick aka yay101 - Hello

Nick aka yay101 - Hello

Say hi to the crowd of CoasterCrazians!

Post September 21st, 2016, 8:14 am

Points on hand: 104.00 Points
Hello! My name is Nick but my username is yay101. Some of you might remember me from TPR because yes that is also me. I joined Coaster Crazy because obviously I love roller coasters, but also I just found the video of someone burning a TPR shirt and I just honestly want to know what is going on and why people are being banned/claiming to be banned from Theme Park Review. It's been a huge part of my life for years but I just found out that lots of people have been banned via the Youtube comments of the video, a few whom I think I chatted with. I just want to know what's going on...

Post September 21st, 2016, 1:31 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I'm going to go ahead and get ahead of the curve here and say this topic is about open and clean discussion about ThemeParkReview.

That said I'll start. On multiple occasions I have witnessed many members of youtube be blocked for posting argumentative thoughts that were in no way personal attacks but taken as such. I have seen former members of TPR come here after being banned for posting an unpopular opinion then getting flamed out in the forums before getting banned with a direct message stating that they are no longer welcome.

Sure these are horror stories but they have happened. The main reason people dislike TPR is because it appears to be a dictatorship in the sense that anyone who disagrees is a lesser human being. I have not been mistreated personally but that's simply because TPR isn't my cup of tea and I don't post there. However from everything I have witnessed happen to friends, colleagues, and acquaintances it appears to be a pattern of disrespect towards members.

EDIT: I'm so sorry, Welcome to CoasterCrazy! We are happy to have you :)

Truthfully I'm happy someone posted about this. I think it's fair that we encourage open discussion on this topic.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 22nd, 2016, 11:08 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Most of us are, I think, TPR's TOS victims... :sad:

^^ I'm always happy to see people finding their "ideal" place! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post September 22nd, 2016, 12:08 pm
Turbo User avatar

Ultimately it doesn't matter what other people think or do. What matters is if you truly enjoy something then enjoy it. TPR isn't all bad as it does retain a lot of members and that's cool! It means there is a lot of interest for Theme Parks and I love that.

I love this site for many reasons, I have chosen to make it my home and I couldn't be happier with the decision. If TPR is your home don't let anyone tell you that it's a bad decision because that's your call :)

I'd love to see you more active here too though :) Couldn't hurt
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 23rd, 2016, 3:45 am

^ I appreciate your thoughts, too. :)

Post September 23rd, 2016, 8:07 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Hai! Welcome to CoasterCrazy. I am the dictator here. RAWR! j.k. welcome aboard and feel free to disagree with me. I'll just throw a pie at you or something. Bans aren't really a thing here unless its people advertising fake rolex watches, which is highly rare these days :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 23rd, 2016, 8:15 pm
Turbo User avatar

Yeah, we don't really ban people unless it's for harassment or spam reasons. I haven't banned someone in a long time :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 23rd, 2016, 9:47 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I was perma-banned because I happened to be in the chatroom while someone was trolling Robb. I guess he didn't recognize me in the userlist so he assumed I was a co-conspirator. To be fair I I was about to call him on acting like a first grader in charge of an authoritarian dictatorship, so I would have been banned anyways.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 24th, 2016, 1:47 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post September 25th, 2016, 8:32 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Hello yay101, long time, no see.
Last edited by XLR8R on September 27th, 2016, 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post September 26th, 2016, 6:08 am

^ Is he your friend? :)

Post September 26th, 2016, 10:38 am
Turbo User avatar

I'm assuming no.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 27th, 2016, 3:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

Welcome yay101! Although I am not a super active person on here, it is nice to see new faces!

Regarding the TPR issue, I finally decided to give them up after they had a really stupid twitter dispute with CoasterForce a few weeks ago over something totally irrelevant to the topic on which CoasterForce was commenting. Robb got very... I guess angry will have to do, and a whole battle went down. Long story short, I just don't like that a person can be so mad over something so small.
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Post September 27th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Turbo User avatar

Be more active to warm my penguin heart :D

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post September 27th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

Fear not, thou penguin heart shall have warmth soon.
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Post September 28th, 2016, 8:39 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Welcome to the site!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 28th, 2016, 10:38 am

Everyone is ready to welcome you! :D