Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area {NL2}City Park - Park Update 5/21

{NL2}City Park - Park Update 5/21

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
There is some support and track lying on the ground near the Dr Beats building.

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
^ Oh yea... I wonder what that's doing there? ;) :roll:
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,228.00 Points
the green family coaster has some red Gs on the hills just before the final brake run!

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
hmmm... :geek: looks like i have to downrate this park, because for not using my custom train! [lol] :D
Didn??t know that the trains dropping the frame rate,.. thank you for the tip. I??ll look into it. ;)

Downloading right now! I??m really excited!

Okay,.. i like it. It has some serious potential.

I like the mix of support and 3D scenery. Also the mix of the different rides and coaster types!

Here are a few tips or feedback:
1.) Many objects having the old problem of double sided faces. Faces which don??t can be seen from the outside, doesn??t have to be textured/painted.
If you paint both sides of a face, it also doubles the poly count and .. well.. the FPS dropping down.

2.) Some models are looking over.scaled. Especially the Reptrons diner. It is also very detailed and is having double sided faces.

3.) For some reason, i would like to see less grey ;) The park layout would look even better if you exchange the grey areas with some tree groups (2D or 3D) and adding maybe a small lake or river through the park. The park wouldn??t also look that flat :D

4.) I don??t become a friend with the wing-rider. But maybe it??s a personal matter because it??s part-wise high above the ground.

I think if you could solve the double sided faces problem, there is a bit room for a better performance with lake/river and trees.
Maybe a small side-note (i don??t want to sound rude or selfish) ..the (simple)ferris wheel itself is made by,.. me ;)

I hope that wasn??t too much ;) As i said, there is much potential!!! :D

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Magu78 wrote:
hmmm... :geek: looks like i have to downrate this park, because for not using my custom train! [lol] :D

Friendly reminder for you - we all do know how great you are! No one will forget all of your custom rides! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

@skyscraper - Thanks for the heads up, the issue has been fixed so no one else has to experience the discomfort.

@Magu - Thank you SO much for the feedback... As for the overall layout of the park and it feeling too "flat", that's kind of the feel as I was going for because I wanted it to look like something you'd see in the middle of a city, not a heavily wooded area like most other parks but, if more trees are you guys feel would make the park better, than more trees you guys will get! As for the custom trains, I really did want to incorporate custom trains of some sort but with everything else in the park, I didn't want to kill the frame rate even more than it was... however, I am looking to add a new set of trains for the hyper really soon but, I would like a "newer" design, kind of like the new trains on Titan V in Japan. I also didn't have the face issue in the editor on my end, so I'm surprised to hear that you are?

Thanks to everyone for the feedback though, just do my favor and drop a rate on the exchange so I can gauge how I did on the "grand scale" :D
-DechLave T.P Ent.

cool5 wrote:
There is some support and track lying on the ground near the Dr Beats building.

future expansion, perhaps?

screenshot-2015-09-12-14-18-34.png

screenshot-2015-09-12-14-19-17.png

screenshot-2015-09-12-14-21-57.png

I just added some planted trees and other foliage by the wheel and between the Shadow X's and Mushroom Kingdom's entrance plaza... I think it looks great! What do you guys think?

@skyscraper - Dechlave parks are always looking ahead for "future expansion" opportunities... you'll just have to stay tuned to see what comes next :) ;)
-DechLave T.P Ent.

I love the look of it! The togo and the chupy and the highway coaster will go into the diamond valley park?

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
Magu78 wrote:
1.) Many objects having the old problem of double sided faces. Faces which don??t can be seen from the outside, doesn??t have to be textured/painted.
If you paint both sides of a face, it also doubles the poly count and .. well.. the FPS dropping down.

It seems that something happens during export with sketchup. Even if your model has blank/untextured faces in the model, when it's in NL2 both sides are textured. I'm assuming that there must be an option to change but the default causes both the front and back to become textured

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
^ thank you, i totally forgot about that.
SU.jpg
SU.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 2375 times

The first option has to be unchecked! [lol] :D

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points

In its 12th season, Dechlave's City Park will be taking its' guests experiences to new heights with RAGE! Standing over 300 feet tall, RAGE will be the tallest structure in the park, clocking in at speeds of over 70 mph! Located in the park's core, RAGE will be visible from any location throughout the park! At the ride's highest point of exactly 350 feet, City Park has added an additional element of surprise... RAGE will pivot riders 90 degrees to a face-down dive position and after a randomly timed-computerized pause, riders will be released to free fall at speeds of over 70 mph; RAGE will deliver an unmatched experience of speed and power! Construction in the area has begun, and RAGE is scheduled to be released along with the other Season 12 additions for Dechlave Parks!

Stay Tuned!
-DechLave T.P Ent.

^ (Spoiler Alert!) sounds like an Intamin Sky Jump (Falcon's Fury) to me!

^^ Great way to hype the word "rage" lol! Can't wait for the release! :)

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Nice little teaser :) Looking forward to seeing how it fits in!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
TTD03 wrote:
Yay, Giga coaster! My favorite!

Sounds more like an Intamin Skyjump than a coaster... hence the randomly timed pause and freefall.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

^ I should also have read his description about "RAGE"... Well, thanks TTD for such an exciting idea, which makes me really excited!

:) + :D

***Update 02/14/2016***

In the previous City Park update, we announced that 'RAGE' would rise to become the tallest and fastest attraction at the park. Although, this announcement didn't come with any additional specifications regarding what type of ride it would be, many of your guy's guesses were correct!

At this time, City Park is pleased to bring you 'RAGE'

STATS:
Manufacturer: Intamin
Ride Type: SkyJump Tower
Height: 350 feet
Speed: Approx. 70mph

screenshot-2016-02-14-23-32-37.png

screenshot-2016-02-14-23-33-55.png

screenshot-2016-02-15-00-00-30.png

Photos show 'RAGE' towering over the park, as well as the new color scheme for the park's B&M Winged Coaster. As many of you may know, DechLave T.P Ent. recently purchased Diamond Valley, that purchase included the rights to use Marvel Comics characters and props as theming elements for the park's attractions. City Park's former 'Shadow X' Winged Coaster will now be known as 'Goblin's Revenge' and sport a new green and black color scheme. 'Goblin's Revenge' will be the first Marvel themed attraction outside of Diamond Valley.

In other news, park officials have announced that the skyline of the park will be drastically changing, not only due to the addition of the 350 foot tower that'll be placed in the center of the park but, due to the closure and removal of 'Timberliner' (the park's only wooden coaster). While park officials didn't release any details on exactly why the ride is being removed after having such a short life-span, they did say that the removal of 'Timberliner' would not be in vane and that they couldn't wait to announce what will be taking its place...

Stay tuned ;)
-DechLave T.P Ent.

How about a bobsled to replace that rmc wooden that takes over 45 tracks to make one trough.

@cool5 What you've done actually looks pretty neat but, unfortunately, Timberliner's replacement is already underway.

#LetTheSpeculationBegin
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Post April 26th, 2016, 1:45 am

Staying consistent with the previous update, Dechlave's City Park is announcing the arrival of its newest thrill ride...

daredevil.jpg

*thinks red track pieces spotted in the latest upload ;) *
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Post April 26th, 2016, 3:31 am

Dare Devil... Dive? ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area