Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area NL2 - Diamond Valley *5/5/19*

NL2 - Diamond Valley *5/5/19*

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 3rd, 2015, 7:49 pm

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
It was announced earlier in the season the Dechlave had purchased Diamond Valley. Now, the time has come to show off the work that we've done on the park... but first, let's look into the history of this park.

Diamond Valley originally opened in 1908 as a National Tourist Destination and campground and was owned by Diamond Valley Resorts (DVR). For ten years, Diamond Valley operated just as a Naturalistic Campground until they were approach by Westland Ride Co., a company who specialized in portable fairs and carnivals and had an extreme interest in wanting to set up one of their carnivals on the grounds of the valley. Originally, DVR wasn't too fond of the idea of having a carnival in the valley because they felt that it would distract guests from what "really mattered" which was the natural beauty of the valley itself. After several months of negotiation, DVR agreed to allowed Westland Ride Co. to set up a small carnival which would only have five rides and a few game stalls. A contract was written stating that the carnival would operate for a total of only two weeks (14 consecutive days). DVR had doubts that this carnival would bring enough additional business to make a lucrative profit but, to their surprise, the carnival was huge success with the guests and shortly after the contract was amended allowing a 26 day extension. At the end of carnival's now 40 day period, DVR offered Westland Ride Co. a pretty penny to purchase the rides and games stalls to allow for a permanently installed and fully operational carnival, the offer was excepted on the terms that Westland Ride Co. would have full control over the operations of the rides. DVR operated the permanently installed carnival (which was later named 'CarniValley') for ten years before they installed their first thrill ride. In 1928, DVR opened their first roller coaster, "The Diamond Valley Dipper" which was designed by John C. Miller. The coaster stood 65 feet tall and had a top speed of approximately 35mph.

As time past, the DVR became increasingly involved in the amusement industry and in 1930, the decision was made to expand the small CarniValley carnival into a full scale theme park. With this decision came the announcement of a brand new attraction, The Racer; The Racer was to be the first of its kind, the world's first roller coaster to offer a racing experience. Unfortunately, the opening of this new ride didn't go as smooth as everyone would've hoped. DVR received countless complaints about The Racer's overall ride experience; this combined with the ride's downtime ultimately led to its demise. The Racer closed and was demolished after only being opened for 3 years. The Racer caused the company to take a huge financial hit and in December of 1938, CarniValley was put up for sale while the campground was remained owned and operated by DVR. Thankfully, the park wasn't on the market for long; by February of 1939, CarniValley was sold to Cool5 Amusements and after a full year of renovations, refurbishments and a couple of new installations, the park reopened to the public under the new name 'Diamond Valley Park'. Under the new ownership of Cool5, Diamond Valley Park received a plethora of new rides and attractions; most notably were, Wind Storm ,one of the world's first stand up coasters, Highway and Chupy: the Joy Coaster, all of which are still in operation today. Cool5 Amusements owned and operated the park for over 10 years before it was closed in 1949.

Over the next 60 years, the park had many different owners, including Six Flags who acquired the park 1962, renaming it 'Six Flags Diamond Valley. With the Six Flags purchase came the closure of the Diamond Valley campground. A new light shined through the park under the direction of Six Flags bringing many world class attractions to the park, including Superman the Ride (now to be known as THOR: Ride of the Odinforce), the first coaster over 200ft to feature an inversion and Power Tower, the world's tallest drop tower ride built by S&S. In 2010, Six Flags announced its departure from this park which left it in a dormant phase for the next five years. During this time, a lot of the park's rides were relocated to different parks leaving the public to think this park would never reopen... until now that is!

In 2015, Dechlave T.P Ent. included the purchase of Diamond Valley in their Season 9 Announcement. While it a full list of what will be opening with the park hasn't been released, rumors say that Dechlave will be installing a large B&M invert as well as reopening the salvageable rides that were still left in the park. Dechlave plans to reopen the park in it's 12th season.

screenshot-2015-10-03-17-12-26.png

***Stay tuned for regular updates on Diamond Valley***
Last edited by DechLave on May 5th, 2019, 2:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Post October 3rd, 2015, 8:00 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Post October 3rd, 2015, 8:04 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I really like the huge B&M coaster with the big turnaround of the jet coaster sticking out below.

Post October 3rd, 2015, 10:03 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looks great so far. Is the support on the air hill centered? It looks a bit off but that could be the pic angle.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 3rd, 2015, 11:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

This looks great, and I really love the storyline you set up. Top notch work
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post October 4th, 2015, 2:00 pm

Here is the station that you can add more stairs to.

diamond.jpg

Just copy each stair flight and paste them to add more stair sections.

Post October 6th, 2015, 5:45 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I think some of cool5's tracks are in fact, far from "jet coasterness" and they look decent. Yeah, his ideas sometimes go wacky but we find gems from them.

:)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post October 9th, 2015, 8:54 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

You can always convert things into an Arrow Mine Train lol.

Post November 20th, 2015, 7:26 am

It's been a while BUUUT, work on this Diamond Valley has remained in full effect; at this point, all coasters and other major attractions have been completed and are now in their "testing phase". The only thing that's left to be done are a few more park buildings and other minor detail work... It's safe to say that we are on schedule with the (re)construction of this park and are still planning for a 12th season release!

Now, let's get to the good stuff... PICTURES!!!

screenshot-2015-10-09-21-38-19.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-23-14.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-27-02.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-29-58.png

TOGO Track Courtesy of cool5

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-32-22.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-37-37.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-39-33.png

Oh, and yes... that IS a zero-g roll :shock:

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-47-17.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-48-14.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-50-05.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-51-45.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-53-03.png

screenshot-2015-11-20-04-33-53.png

P.S As to maintain a decent frame rate. I do in fact have my settings on low... So, if the background looks a little off, that's why.

Til' next time :D
-DechLave T.P Ent.

^ Wow not only are your tracks looking realistic, but Togo Standup by Cool5 is as fantastic as one of Hopkins Loopers is. I've got a feeling that white track goes perfectly well with tropical trees around! To be honest, I personally find some posted pictures of Togo in a distance, really beautiful.

I thought you made a neat decision for Cool5 who is eager to let others use his models! :)

True Addicts
True Addicts

Looks great so far. Thank you for fixing that support that irked me lol. Togo, Arrow, and the boomerang all look great. Park layout and everything else looks nice.

^^ Thanks you guys :D cool5 plays a big collaborative part when it comes to those "types" of coasters and he does a really great job with them.

We were able to compile a list of attractions and their themed areas that will be releasing with the park!

PLAZA DE ENTRADA/TWIN POINTE MAINSTREET
-Diamond Valley Fountains
-High Roller Observation Wheel
-Assortment of restaurants, cafes and shops

MARIOS MUSHROOM KINGDOM
*Will be similarly themed to the recently added Mario's Mushroom Kingdom at City Park*
-Peach's Wild Ride (Junior Wooden Coaster)
-The BombOMB (Pinfari Mini-Mega built by JAMMY)
-Paratrooper
-Mario's Mixer (a Classic Scrambler Ride)
-Mario Bros' Crash Test (Bumper Cars)

ARABIA
-Dark Horse (Intamin Mega-Lite)
-Guardian (Vekoma Minetrain)
-Windstorm (TOGO Stand Up built by cool5)
-Arabian Nights (S&S Combo Towers)

OLD WORLD FAIRE
-King (B&M Invert)
-Delirium (HUSS Giant Frisbee)
-The Pendulum (S&S Screamin' Swing)
-Queen's Gambit (Swinging Ship Ride)
-Captain America: the Ride (Zierer Star Shape built by iSatnav)

MARVEL UNIVERSE
-Thor: Ride of the Odinforce (B&M Hyper Coaster)
-Black Widow (Schwarzkopt Wildcat Model)
-Dr. Strange's Cloak of Levitation (Hrubetz Round Up)
-Silver Surfer (Zamperla Hawk)

DIAMOND VALLEY BOARDWALK
-Boomerang (Arrow Dynamics Boomerang)
-Great American Scream Machine (Arrow Dynamics Double Loop, Corkscrew)
-RipTide (HUSS Top Spin built by TheCodeMaster)
-Storm (HUSS Enterprise)

SCREAM ZONE CENTRAL
-Drop Zone (Intamin Drop Tower)
-xScream Flyer (Rip Cord Sky Coaster)
-Spinsanity (Gerstaluer Spinner)
-Drifters (Mini Ferris Wheel)

P.S Each area will also include an assortment of restaurants, cafes and gift shops!
Last edited by DechLave on May 5th, 2016, 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Fantastic - what a great sleection of different rides and rollercoasters. I like that you've put in less popular manufactuers (such as Togo) which are likely to be in older parks due to thier popularity at the time of construction!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,203.00 Points

Hello, hello, after what seems like a rather long break from posting any updates on this park, I'm back to show what's been going on around the Valley...

UPDATE 02/13/2016
- Originally, Dechlave T.P Ent. planned to release this park at the beginning of Season 12. Unfortunately, due to some external hardships, the release was delayed and is now set to release during Season 13. Now that things are slowly starting to "clear up" (for lack of a better term), crews have been pounding away to get this park open by its new anticipated release. In this update, you'll see that quite a bit of detail work, such as signage, queues, repaints and multiple theming elements have been done throughout the park and I must say that it's really taking shape!

Now, on to the photos :o

screenshot-2016-02-08-02-54-51.png

screenshot-2016-02-13-01-17-50.png

screenshot-2016-02-13-01-17-04.png

screenshot-2016-02-13-01-18-57.png

screenshot-2016-02-13-01-20-47.png

screenshot-2016-02-13-01-21-28.png

I know these aren't really the BEST or most exciting photos but, I really wanted to get something up to show that this construction project is still in fact living! Please be aware that Diamond Valley is a WIP so, if something looks "incomplete", chances are it probably is...

P.S We do have plans for future expansion in this park after the grand release, so please be sure to stay tuned ;)
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,203.00 Points

True Addicts
True Addicts

I see the 11 dollar hamburger establishments are coming along nicely lol. Is the B&M a hyper?

This NL2 project - sogood. (Note: Inspired from the KFC tagline!) :)

@skyscraper There aren't any dark rides ato the moment but rhere are plans in place for future expansion that may or may not include a dark ride ;)

@coasterkidmwm That is correct, the gray and red B&M you see is a hyper coaster that's just a few feet shy of being a giga.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Hello all, as usual, it's been awhile since there have posted any updates on this park but, it's still being around at and at this point, the park one or two steps away from completion and I was hoping there would be people willing to test it out before it's uploaded to the exchange as a final product?

screenshot-2016-04-23-00-51-27.png

screenshot-2016-04-23-00-55-16.png

Once again, I'm looking for anyone who's willing to test this park and give any suggestions on minor tweaks that I can make before uploading the final product.

Thank you all! :D
-DechLave T.P Ent.

I hope you fixed the huge lag since last time I tested it.

@bouncy Okay, I'll PM you the file.

@cool5 It didnt/doesn't lag too bad on my computer butI did what I could and there isn't much I'm going to be able to do about the lag it may have on your end. It's a large, full size park that has a lot of stuff in it, so don't expect it to run as if it were a single coaster file.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area