Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area NL2 Riverview Bobs

NL2 Riverview Bobs

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 9th, 2016, 8:36 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Wow I've got a feeling that your recreation will soon surprise more CC visitors! Bobs is really taking shape! I can proudly say that all of your images showing your progress are worth checking out!

:D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post February 10th, 2016, 6:46 am

Points on hand: 2,067.00 Points
This is starting to look much better. From the front seat of the train, cresting the lift:

screenshot-2016-02-11-01-40-14.png

Post February 10th, 2016, 6:55 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
It's so tiny...yet violent lol
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 10th, 2016, 7:40 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post February 11th, 2016, 2:38 am

Yeah, the ride doesn't mess around. The train crests TA1 at 17 mph and the crossover at 23 mph. Good fun all round :)

Post February 11th, 2016, 8:39 am

The cresting turn is one of my favorite elements to use for woodies! It's as you can see, not as rough as the quick sharp bend for Wild Mice is, but I love it when I feel like getting flung out of a train there!

The banking for a hill does make the difference! :)

Post February 14th, 2016, 2:00 am

Not a lot to report because I've had another busy weekend. Hopefully back to normal this week, though. Work has been done on sizing up the brake run, station and rollout.

Post February 18th, 2016, 1:56 pm

Last night I was doing some positioning work. It appears as though I've got the curve radius value (unmarked) for the jink onto the brake run wrong, and also some funky stuff is going on with the rollout on the blueprint.

Post February 18th, 2016, 2:33 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Relax and take it easy lol. Remember, it's your project, and you're not reporting to superiors.

Post February 18th, 2016, 3:08 pm

Thanks. One thing I should probably say now is that there's going to be little in the way of custom supports or 3Ds, at least at this stage. I don't think I have the patience. My main concern is to get the track right. I can always come back and do custom stuff at some point, but if I have an inaccurate layout now it'll grate on my mind as I don't really have any excuses when the blueprints are in front of me. Sorry if that's a disappointment, but I have to pick my battles.

Post February 21st, 2016, 6:00 am

Positioning of the roll out is nearly complete. It's about 1.75 feet away from where I want it. :)

screenshot-2016-02-22-00-46-52.png

Post February 22nd, 2016, 5:28 am

Looks like you're in the process of calculating. :)

Post March 1st, 2016, 6:27 am

lol240 wrote:
Looks like you're in the process of calculating. :)

Perhaps. I've not been able to do much in the last week, partly because of other things distracting me and partly because I haven't been able to bring myself to work on the recreation. I have discovered, however, that a working transfer table is out of the question. The length specified in the blueprint is not sufficient to hold the train in the recreation. In addition, if it did work I'd have to sacrifice some length of either the onload or offload platforms. The only solution is to abandon a transfer table and fill in the gap with normal track, which I feel is forgivable in the circumstances.

Post March 1st, 2016, 6:53 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

NL by default requires too much space for the train on a transfer track. I can't fit Mantis' transfer track in where it should be, so it's a tad long and collides with supports instead.

Post March 6th, 2016, 10:30 am

Please never give up when you are even facing track shaping issues. I do believe that you'll be able to deal with such tasks.

Post March 11th, 2016, 5:40 am

lol240 wrote:
Please never give up when you are even facing track shaping issues. I do believe that you'll be able to deal with such tasks.

Thanks. I was staring at it tonight and thinking I may have to start over again from scratch and just try and do it all in one clean go :( deleting a bit and then rebuilding a bit is just....ARGH. No.

Post March 11th, 2016, 5:53 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Lobster wrote:
lol240 wrote:

Thanks. I was staring at it tonight and thinking I may have to start over again from scratch and just try and do it all in one clean go :( deleting a bit and then rebuilding a bit is just....ARGH. No.

Keep up the hard work! I often find when I'm modelling that I have to start again to incorporate the skills I've improved whilst working on a project - it can be a very iterative process though so you need to know when the track is perfect enough :)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 11th, 2016, 6:41 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Sometimes it's good to take a couple weeks off too

Post March 13th, 2016, 7:30 am

Points on hand: 214.00 Points
Great job, Lobster. Thank you again for sharing your Riverview Bobs project with everyone. You clearly have accomplished a lot of hard work.

Here is a quote from Chuck Wlodarczyk, author of "Riverview: Gone But Not Forgotten, 1904 - 1967":

"I haven't been in a park where there is a second ride policy like the one Riverview had. Also at most parks with roller coasters of some type you do not have the choice of waiting for the last seat like you did at Riverview. I've waited sometimes for 30 minutes to ride in the last seat of the Bobs, once in I could usually stay there as long as I wished or until the cash ran out [sic]. I rode the Bobs some 10 or 15 times in a row on some visits to the park. The newer parks do not generally allow second rides unless you get off and stand in line again to get in."

A caption accompanying a picture of the Texas Cyclone roller coaster reads as follows:

"#1 coaster the Texas Cyclone, Astroworld, Houston, TX. Its [sic] rough, its [sic] fast and its [sic] almost another Bobs. If you ever get down to Texas do not miss a ride on the Daddy of all living coasters!! (M. Meyer)"

All best,

Juscz
Last edited by Juscz on March 13th, 2016, 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post March 13th, 2016, 8:54 am

I think that you're also helping Lobster create Bobs by sharing old contents! Keep encouraging him! :)

Post March 13th, 2016, 11:10 am

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

I haven't commented yet in this topic, but i'am following it for a while now.
Looking good! and judging from the onride, it was way ahead of its time:o

I am looking forward to more updates(Not trying to rush you or anything, haha. Take your time!)

Post March 14th, 2016, 3:03 am

^ Thanks so much for your interest! :D

Post March 27th, 2016, 5:20 am

Thanks for all your kind words. It's been three weeks since I touched it and three weeks since I checked the site. While life has been quite busy, especially in the past few days, the truth is that I've been pretty demotivated and my thoughts have run along the lines of, "I could carry on from where I got to out of the internal fan curve and save all that time rebuilding the start of the ride...but rebuilding the end is just too much of a hassle. Or I could keep going the way I am and just hope that everything I've done so far lines up, and have to rebuild the entire lift and all the track through the internal fan curve." I think the answer is jut to pick an option, be happy with it, and get on with building. Thankfully I have a day off work tomorrow as it's a public holiday. I will write you all another update then even if I don't actually end up achieving anything. Accountability is key. Happy Easter! :D

Post March 27th, 2016, 10:10 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Sometimes I don't touch things for month (I'm doing that too). Inspiration can come back, you never know when.

Post March 27th, 2016, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 271.00 Points
Bank: 7,431.00 Points

Just to say Bobcoaster a member here has gotten to ride many old rides. he even has rode the riverview Bobcoaster. if you look up some of his designs you can see some great rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area