Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area NL2 Riverview Bobs

NL2 Riverview Bobs

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post January 6th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,067.00 Points
The track is finished, landscaping is done, and it's been uploaded. Hold tight! :D

http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/de ... k_id=21701
Attachments
screenshot-2017-01-07-13-14-17.png

Post January 7th, 2017, 3:59 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post January 7th, 2017, 8:57 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ :) :D 8-) CONGRATULATIONS! :) :D 8-)

-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post January 7th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post January 8th, 2017, 8:10 am

Points on hand: 2,067.00 Points
Thanks folks, that's very kind! :D

Lobster wrote:
Second, the strict function on the roll nodes actually made the bumpiness worse by increasing the tilt of the track around it. The smoothest result was obtained using a "less is more" approach where I kept the 24 degree banking on the first three roll points and the 48 degree maximum banking near the bottom, and then removed all the other roll points and left the computer to work out a more gradual transition from 24 to 48 and back to zero degrees. For now I'm going to leave the roll as per the Church blueprint - every bent accounted for. Once the ride is complete I'll go back and see if I can tolerate the idea of removing some of the roll points for the sake of a smoother ride in NoLimits. It is clear from building the ride in the simulator that the fault is with the computer and not with Church, because in the POV video the banking is the same but the ride doesn't jerk around the curve.

It's official: NL2 really hates roll nodes. Six roll nodes in a row banked at 24 degrees will cause the train to wobble back and forth. Six nodes with only the first and last banked at 24 degrees will cause the train to move smoothly through the turn at a consistent bank angle. I wish I'd remembered to test this before uploading. I've just spent half an hour deleting "unnecessary" nodes and the ride is almost butter smooth. :(

Post January 9th, 2017, 1:57 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Butter smooth? Then what you still can do is, I think, to post a (some) track revision(s). :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area