Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 No Limits 2 install to SSD/HDD?

No Limits 2 install to SSD/HDD?

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post June 27th, 2016, 10:30 am
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,514.00 Points
Bank: 2,212.00 Points
The new PC I will be getting will have a SSD/HDD combo one for OS/Game installs, and the other for data. Since the com.nolimitscoaster folder defaults to My Documents. If I move the "My Documents" library to the HDD, will NL2 work with the two different drive letters?

Has anyone tried NL2 with a SSD and HDD combination?

Post June 27th, 2016, 11:45 am

Points on hand: 1,169.00 Points
I have NL2 installed on my SSD just because I like faster loading times, but I save parks on a different drive, usually NL2 will just recreate a new folder once you have moved the other one, plus you should be able to load from any connected drive through the "ingame" explorer like you would load anything else if you know where the directories etc are

Post June 27th, 2016, 11:56 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
If you create a shortcut to the new folder with the same name as the old one, and put it in the old location everything should run just as it did. I'm pretty sure there's a way to just switch directories though.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post June 27th, 2016, 1:21 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I'll use an example like this. Windows allows you to move the location of the documents folder.

for example, my computer currently saves it as C:\\Users\USER\My Documents\ but my New computer will save it as E:\\Users\USER\My Documents. My question is will NL2 during installation automatically put the com.nolimitscoaster folder in "My Documents" even if it's on drive E: and not C:?

Otherwise I can manage it manually as you have both stated. I'd just prefer automation when possible.

Post June 27th, 2016, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
NL2 really reads very little from disk. I would just stick the whole thing on the HDD, and save the precious SSD space for things it will actually benefit.

Post August 4th, 2016, 9:43 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I can confirm the installer works fine with The SSD/HDD libraries. It did mess with my saved parks a bit since some of the objects are outside the park folder. NL2 automatically changed the drive letter for Zekken's objects, but not the objects in NL2Foliage or outside the park location. Going to the scenery tab and changing C:/ to E:/ for the affected objects fixes the issue.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2