Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster No limits delete track???

No limits delete track???

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post January 22nd, 2009, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,254.00 Points
Im stumped. If you completly finish as ride, and then want to go back and change some areas, how do you simply delete a section of track?
I have tried everything. I can highlight it till it turns white, but it still does not delete right click or nothing else?
Im going bonkers here! Should be simple. I have even disconnected the track and one end and still I cant delete a piece of track. I have tried several sections to delte, and no go.
What am i doing wrong here??????? [:(!]

Post January 22nd, 2009, 11:32 pm

Post January 22nd, 2009, 11:36 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

click the blue dot that is directly ahead of the trac piece you want gone and hit delete. [:)]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post January 22nd, 2009, 11:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

It's only been a half-hour, jeez.

Unfortunately, it's a bit difficult to edit interior track sections in NL once you've made them. There are two ways to do it:

1) Disconnect the end of the track. Highlight the track from the point you want to edit to the end of the track. Save this segment as an element and then delete it from the track. Edit the track as you need to, then re-insert the element that you saved earlier. This may require some reworking of the transition.

2) You can change where the "first node" is on the track using the "set first" command. Choose a node around where you want to edit and make it the first node (represented by a purple arrow). Now you can disconnect the track at that node and work from there, eventually re-joining the track.

Hope this helps, though heavily editing segments after you've completed the ride is a huge pain.

Post January 22nd, 2009, 11:47 pm

Thanks guys. I did not think it was going to be a simple two second task, now I know. I tried clicking on the nodes in front and that did not work either. Ill get there. Thanks for being patient.
Just seems as it should be as easy as highlighting a piece or section then hit delte key on the keyboard. Maybe they next revision will make it easier. Thanks Guys.

Post January 22nd, 2009, 11:57 pm

Thanks guys. The "set first" command from the edit menue let me change the first vortex like you said. That did the trick!
Thanks much!
Ill be able to help someone one of these days!

Post January 23rd, 2009, 12:03 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Originally posted by Oscar

click the blue dot that is directly ahead of the trac piece you want gone and hit delete. [:)]
HAHAHAHAHAH!!! oscar you're mean..
click on the blue dot and "set first".. then hit "disconnect"

Post January 27th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Originally posted by jayman

Originally posted by Oscar

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! oscar you're mean..
click on the blue dot and "set first".. then hit "disconnect"

its ok.. I caught it. [:D]

Post January 27th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Btw, where is the set first button? I could never find it...

Post January 27th, 2009, 5:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Click on edit at the top of your editor and it's two up from disconnect. This is really dandy I didn't even know you could change it. Makes life a bit easier now.

Return to No Limits Coaster