Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster no limits videos

no limits videos

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post November 5th, 2009, 9:58 pm

Points on hand: 650.00 Points
How do you make a video of your coasters on no limits? For some reason I recall someone saying it was built into the program but I can't find anything like that. If it is a separate program, what is it? And where can I get it?
So say we all.

Post November 5th, 2009, 10:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

In the sim, if you press h, it will tell you all of the commands. There are 3 pages, press h for the next one, Esc. to exit.

Post November 6th, 2009, 12:20 am

okay the avi exporter thing kills the framerate and looks like sh*t

and

where the **** does the video go? there's no SAVE FILE option wtf

I've tried jing and other options but everything looks like crap

what I do now?[confused]
So say we all.

Post November 6th, 2009, 12:39 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Assuming you ran the AVI setup (If not, it's in your NL folder, run that, that's where you select where you save your AVI's), I just recorded one, which I've never done before, it kills mine too, but it runs fine in the AVI export.

Post November 6th, 2009, 12:51 am

Post November 6th, 2009, 1:06 am

Post November 6th, 2009, 1:16 am

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
I've found that the Nolimits rendered video skips a lot, even when set to 30 fps. I've had better luck just recording with Fraps.

Post November 6th, 2009, 1:20 am

yeah it did skip a bit

but the biggest issue is it speeds it up!

my coaster takes about 2 minutes from start to finish, but the video is like 1:50 long or something like that

it's not a huge difference but it is noticeable
So say we all.

Post November 6th, 2009, 2:18 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
"I've found that the Nolimits rendered video skips a lot, even when set to 30 fps. I've had better luck just recording with Fraps."

1. The rendered video is completely un-compressed. If you do not have a very high-end computer, than chances are the videos will skip a lot. Re-encode the video to a different format.

2. If you do not get at least 60fps on average in NL, then chances are NL will have difficulty recording at 30fps. In turn, that could cause the video to be recorded incorrectly and would cause skipping. Lower the recording frame rate to something your computer can handle, or reduce the quality settings in NL to help increase your average number of frames a second.

Post November 6th, 2009, 11:16 am

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
^ Exactly.

The video file recorded plays at the resolution you recorded it on, plus no codec is used to compress the file. 6 min can become a massive file. Think Blue ray times 20 [lol]. A high end PC doesn't even want to play the files normally and starts running out of processing power after the first few seconds. You need to push it through a video editor or something to get the avi playable.

Post November 6th, 2009, 11:33 am

yeah that's what i did but it's still too fast

it's like it sped it up by 1.1X or something
So say we all.

Post November 7th, 2009, 4:39 am

Points on hand: 1,233.00 Points

what i do is use this button. (?????????) i always press that and it records ur video. and wen u need to find the vid u recorded. go to start and type the name of your coaster then put avi after the name. it should have a list of videos you made from that coaster. Thats what i do everytime
Quincy Cintron

Post November 7th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
What I do is crank up water reflections, antialiasing, etc. and run it in 1280x720 @ 30fps. Results in a huge .avi but works great when converted to a managable format. The NL video recorder compensates for the lower framerate by recording more frames in order to fit in the proper time scale of the video, which is the smartest and most ideal way to record unless your computer/graphics card is powerful enough and can easily maintain above 30 fps while recording when everything is on full settings. Editing in 720p may be sluggish though.

Return to No Limits Coaster