Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Nolimits coordinates

Nolimits coordinates

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 25th, 2011, 8:30 am

Points on hand: 1,137.00 Points
Hi there.

As regards the distance between the position and the control points of the vertexes, I'm too stupid to understand the exact coherence out of hand.

Should this way of adjusting the track by these control points be very simple to understand or complex, and what is this method called?

Thanks.

Post April 25th, 2011, 10:28 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I've gotta be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean building your rides by manually entering numbers into the control points' coordinates? I've never done this before, but I feel as though it would be a horrible pain and ridiculously tedious. Could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean?

Post April 25th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

^Thats kind of what I was thinking he meant too.

If you mean that you want to use math to put coordinates in the right place to get certain shapes, check out Elementary or Newton 2, do a site search for NL tools and you should be able to find more info on those. If I'm understanding you right, both of these programs do essentially what you're talking about, creating elements that are perfect circles or parabolas or whatever else you can think of (to some extent) without doing it by entering numbers by hand in the NL editor.

Post April 25th, 2011, 3:46 pm

You know what I'm talking about. - "If I'm understanding you right, both of these programs do essentially what you're talking about".

I just wanted to know what are they doing? I know they don't guess, thats all. Whats the manual way of determine the coordinates?

Post April 25th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Ahhhhhh you're one of those people. it's ok, I am too [:)] I wish I knew how they did what they did, but unfortunately I don't.
The manual way of determining the coordinates is incredibly time-consuming and requires a hell of a lot of math. If you really want to know, open up Elementary, and read through the source files for the wizards.
If you really want to try to manually enter coordinates, double-click the vertices, and you'll be able to enter in X, Y, and Z coordinates for both control points and the vertex itself.

Post April 25th, 2011, 4:12 pm

I want to know how elementary is determining the coordinates of the control points. The parametrizations are just simple.

Post April 25th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Exactly. Read through the source files for the wizards in Elementary. All of the math is there.

Post April 26th, 2011, 11:28 am

From the wizards I'm only able to calculate the position coordinates of the vertexes. In which way do the wizards tell something about determining the control point coordinates?

Post April 26th, 2011, 11:41 am

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Ohhhhhh, I finally get what you're asking. I have no idea how the back end of elementary works though, sorry.

Return to No Limits Coaster