Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions North or South of England

North or South of England

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

North or South of England

North
56%
South
44%

Total votes : 9

Post October 18th, 2005, 11:15 am

Points on hand: 2,235.00 Points

Post October 18th, 2005, 11:16 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
probably south, because thorpe, alton, chessington and drayton are there. [:D]

Post October 18th, 2005, 11:32 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

[lol] Alton Towers and Drayton Manor are not in the south! [lol] Neither are they in the north. They are here in the midlands and no one else but us can claim them as their own, so piss off [:P][lol]

If you were to divide England up, perfectly into two halves, both Alton Towers and Drayton Manor would be just about in the north half. HOWEVER, in England, the bounderies between north and south do not meet, in the middle there is a void, a big hole known as the Midlands, filled with weird people like Brummies and people who've come from the depths of hell (or the Black Country as we know it here).

It's not hard to decide between North and South for me, because I hate the crap out of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and I really quite like Thorpe Park, so my vote is for the south. Although from my point of view, the Midlands, while being poop for everything else, especially football teams, is the best for coasters, purely because of Alton Towers really. But in a poll between north and south, saying 'the midlands' is neither here nor there [lol]

Post October 18th, 2005, 11:50 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I say midlands too, Im from near Hull so im in the middle somewhere too!!!!! I live in the east midlands so yeah, midlands. [:D] But seing as we cant choose midlands, i am just going to say where ever you count alton as. If you count alton in the south then yes, i will vote for that, and there is an added bonus, which is thorpe. [:D] Im going on halloween hopefully. [:D]

South is also where London is so yeah, that makes it good.

Post October 18th, 2005, 1:53 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i really dunno, never been to england, probably never will,
a country with more rain then we do??, no thank you

Post October 18th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,235.00 Points

i thought alton towers was in the north. aince it isnt its mainly between blackpool n thorpe park but id have to choose tohrpe park

Post October 19th, 2005, 1:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

What is it with everyone and Alton Towers!!!

I mean you make it sound the best park in the world, I have been to Alton many times been on all the coasters there more than once and I still agree that Blackpool, Flamingo Land, Nottingham Goosefair and all that lot to be way better!!

Post October 19th, 2005, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
jpecool I feel sorry for you living near Hull Where abouts near Hull.

Post October 19th, 2005, 2:49 pm

Points on hand: 71.00 Points
The norths better. Fair enough Alton's good but not that good. I personally think that Flamingoland's better and plus there's still Blackpool, Pleasureland and Hull Fair every year.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 4:32 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Thats just what I thought!

Finally someone understands that Alton Towers is the most popular but not the best!

Return to General Theme Park Discussions