Board index Public Relations Site Related Now Accepting Picture Donations!

Now Accepting Picture Donations!

Posts that are directly related to the site.

Post May 1st, 2005, 3:03 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Do you have any high quality pictures of roller coasters or theme parks taking up space on your hard drive that are serving no useful purpose? Well, here is your chance to put those pictures to good use!

We are now accepting donations of any high quality pictures of roller coasters, theme parks, rides..etc that you may have to be featured as downloadable desktop backgrounds. We ask that you only submit pictures that were taken by you. Please do not submit any pictures that do not belong to yourself.
Full credit will be given for any pictures that are submitted.
A WWS/CC logo will be placed on each background as well.

If you have any pictures you would like to donate, you can send them to this email address, canadmos(at)gmail.com. If you are sending more than 5 pictures please put them into a zip or rar file to make downloading them easier.

Also note, not every picture that gets submitted will be used. So please do not take offense to that, we do need to have a limit and some variety.

If you have any questions or comments on this, feel free to ask/state them below.

One more thing, if you took the time to read this, could you please post what your screen resolution is? This is just to help determine what image sizes will be most useful.

Thanks,
Chris[8]

Min. resolution = 1280 x 960 pixels

Last edited by Canadmos on May 9th, 2005, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 1st, 2005, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I do have some pics, but they are going towards another site under construction at the moment. Sorry. I will try get a few. [:D]

Post May 1st, 2005, 11:03 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Sending files to you from my PKD trip last year -- will have SFOG pics and Visionland pics in a few weeks most likely -- early June at the latest.

And, what resolution do you want? I display at 1280 x 1024.

Post May 1st, 2005, 11:40 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Im gonna get a camera this summer for nationals (about 7.2Megapixels) so when I go to SFGAm, ill get you a bunch.

Post May 1st, 2005, 1:40 pm

Thanks to dropzone265, TConwell and Real who have agreed to donate some pictures so far.

TConwell, majority of the pictures you sent were way too small to be used, but some of them would be really good. Do you have any higher resolution versions of the ones you sent me?

Post May 1st, 2005, 2:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post May 1st, 2005, 2:58 pm

No clue. You would have to ask whoever moderates this forum.

Post May 1st, 2005, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post May 1st, 2005, 3:14 pm

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

TConwell, majority of the pictures you sent were way too small to be used, but some of them would be really good. Do you have any higher resolution versions of the ones you sent me?

FN - Reply back to me via e-mail which ones you want larger. I will resave them at a higher resolution and resend. They are all shrunk down for posting on the web to save bandwidth (like at sites called coastercrazy.com) to not mess with the forum sizes (gee, it is almost like there is a method to my madness cause I have done this before).

[lol]

But, if you let me know which ones I will do that for you no problem -- let me know - I just need the titles.

Post May 1st, 2005, 3:15 pm

Alright cool, I'll compile a list right now and send it.

Post May 1st, 2005, 3:16 pm

Post May 1st, 2005, 3:21 pm

Post May 1st, 2005, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Mine start out at 2048 x 1360 at 6.5mp. Too large? (Ive already talked with FN, this is just meant to be funny :P)

Post May 1st, 2005, 3:24 pm

Of course any photo shop program can make this change for you ... [lol] ...
Yes Real, that is rediculous ... [lol]

Post May 1st, 2005, 4:56 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
can also we put our own name somewhere in then send it in?

Post May 1st, 2005, 5:04 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Yeah, but won't you also loose the rights to it? Or will you be able to keep the rights, as well as WeeWeeSlap getting the rights?

Post May 1st, 2005, 5:06 pm

Resubmitted FN.

Cool -- who cares? Are you being paid for them to sit on your computer? No. Geesh, submit pics or not -- but don't make it more complicated than it has to be. <severe eye roll>

Post May 1st, 2005, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

TConwell, sarcastically speaking the truth since whenever the hell he could talk.

Post May 1st, 2005, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Apparently if you wish to keep them as yours (Like I have...for multiple reasons, (one of them being laziness to change / take out watermark) he will honor that.

I think that in any rate, the best way to go about making a gallery like this is to take the approach RCDB has taken...build a database of pictures from people, let them watermark it and go further and give them credit for it.

Its the least you can do, ESPECIALLY if the gallery is good enough to generate traffic.

Post May 1st, 2005, 5:10 pm

Originally posted by shortkid422

TConwell, sarcastically speaking the truth since whenever the hell he could talk.
Thank you for your observation, Captain Obvious.

Anyway, I have no issue giving my pics up. Shoot, maybe I could be a stringer for WWS as a photographer!

[lol]

Post May 1st, 2005, 7:48 pm

As long as you don't put a huge honking watermark on the pictures you submit or have a watermark advertising another coaster game trading site, most should be fine. Just look at Reals for example, his is small and simple.

As for giving up the rights...Its a picture, we arn't selling them or generating any revenue from them so I'm not even going to bother writing something out for that issue. If you submit something and later want it removed (for whatever stupid reason you may come up with [lol]) I am sure we will accommodate your request. However, don't send in a bunch of pictures and then ask to have them removed a week later.

Post May 3rd, 2005, 12:30 am
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
when i go to scbb sfmw sfmm disnyland maby universal studioes pga and hopefully ceader point if i can get pics i will send

Post May 3rd, 2005, 1:26 am

You are going to all those parks?? You better bring back some pictures! [lol]

Post May 3rd, 2005, 3:23 am

Thanks to Nannerdw for the pictures he has submitted.

Post May 3rd, 2005, 10:18 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,823.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I'm going to send you some pictures of Alton Towers [:)] I've got loads of them and they aren't being used for anything at all. I'll pick all the good ones and send them to you [:)]

Next

Return to Site Related