Board index Public Relations Site Related Now Hiring - Individuals Who Can Attend Media Events For Us

Now Hiring - Individuals Who Can Attend Media Events For Us

Posts that are directly related to the site.

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Hi guys!

CoasterCrazy.com is hiring! We're looking for individuals who preferably are 18 years of age or older and can attend media day events on behalf of CoasterCrazy.

The way this works is that we would get any media day information ahead of time and check with you if you would be able to attend X date for the media event. Usually there's free food and parking and entry to the theme parks is also free on these dates.

You would be responsible for gathering any media related material they hand out and making its way to us by uploading it online to our secure server so we could process the contents of it or making other arrangements with us so that data can be processed.

You should be able to take decent quality pics and shoot some video clips. Honestly, a high end smart phone is all you need as they take good quality pictures and HD video :)

Also, you might or might not have to interview people. That's typically optional and generally the info we want is given in the press conference that you'll be attending on our behalf. So you likely wont be interviewing anyone.

We would prefer you have a smart phone (who doesn't these days) so you could pass us the info live or even live tweet and fb from the event.

It sounds like a big difficult deal but trust me, its way easier than it sounds. Just take pics/video, live tweet what's being revealed and after the event, send us digitally whatever they gave you as the press kit :)

If you think you are the type of person that can do this, let us know below by posting which theme parks are near to you that you can cover. I will reach out to you via private message for more info.

As for pay, well, as you can see from the donations gathered this year so far, we're at like $350, we really can't afford to pay you but you will get full credit for covering the event for us and free food and theme park entries for these events :lol:

Thank you,
Oscar
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
I can attend events in the North East US. Darien Lake, Hershey, CP (MAYBE.), etc. I will let you know when I renew my passport for Canada's Wonderland, as well.

Edit: I should note that if you can get anything for Universal Orlando/IOA media events, I will do everything in my power to make that.
Last edited by NightwindElf on August 12th, 2014, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
I do not have a lot of free time or a decent action radius, but if there is something in the Netherlands or surrounding countries, I can always try my best to serve the site.

coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

If you ever get media invites for anything here in the PNW (silverwood, wild waves) I'd be interested

Points on hand: 71.00 Points
I could get Sfgam stuff for you and anything else that happens to be in the Chicago area. I may be willing to take a drive depending on the event and my time off availability at work.

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Since I am based in Florida, I can get to any parks in this state.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
I could do Southern California, at least if my work schedule and college classes would allow it on the day of the event.

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

coolbeans326 wrote:
If you ever get media invites for anything here in the PNW (silverwood, wild waves) I'd be interested

You're in the PNW too? lol

I'd also be down for this
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Assuming school isn't an issue, I can probably cover events at Six Flags Great Adventure and Dorney Park!

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Helo9797 wrote:
I could do Southern California, at least if my work schedule and college classes would allow it on the day of the event.

Wish I'd known about you this past Wednesday, I needed someone to do the Haunt event. I was not able to attend it due to being sick :(
Paradox wrote:

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
I'm really hoping Thunderbird has a media day :lol:

They already did that.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
Oscar wrote:
Helo9797 wrote:

Wish I'd known about you this past Wednesday, I needed someone to do the Haunt event. I was not able to attend it due to being sick :(

Yeah too bad lol, I'm pretty free during summer time, I would of happily gone!

When they do media events, at what time do they do it, the whole day? midday? afternoon?random or event specifc?

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Random, the Haunt one was at 7 pm, lasted for an hour, 7 to 8, afterwards they were open for interviews.
Calico mine ride one started I believe at 7 am with breakfast, 8 am for camp snoopy media event, break time, 10 am for calico mine ride, break time, then it was like lunch time (really good food) and after food, you could interview them. That one was pretty much all day xD but not required to attend it all. So as long as you're there to get the media passes in time, which is at the time they indicate xD
Paradox wrote:

Points on hand: 61.00 Points
My husband and I would love to work for you for media day. We could visit holiday world, cedar point, kings island, 6 flags great America. We both have cedar fair platinum passes. Thank you for this opportunity.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
I could do Texas parks, preferably SFOT (live like 5 minutes away), SFFT, Sea World, and Schlitterbahn.

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
I can do CP, Kennywood, Waldameer, and King's Island no problem

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
Oscar, am I already hired for Holiday World? :D

I'm going to post on his behalf and say yes :D

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I could easily do SFGA. I go all the time and live pretty close-though im not sure if me not being 18 would be a huge problem because you said preferably, not required :D

EDIT: I also could do Dorney Park, but I don't go all that often, and I could theoretically hit Hershey Park. But these are just maybe's
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Coaster Hero wrote:
I could easily do SFGA. I go all the time and live pretty close-though im not sure if me not being 18 would be a huge problem because you said preferably, not required :D

EDIT: I also could do Dorney Park, but I don't go all that often, and I could theoretically hit Hershey Park. But these are just maybe's

which SFGA....
Paradox wrote:

Next

Return to Site Related