Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Odd Day @ Six Flags Great Adventure!

Odd Day @ Six Flags Great Adventure!

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post July 28th, 2004, 12:09 am

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
My sister and I arrived at SFGAdv at around 11:00. My sister had a free pass from work and I had a season pass so we bypassed the massive line to get in and went to the season pass gate.

First we went to Movietown and hopped on Batman & Robin: The Chiller. The wait was about 20 minutes. Now, tell me if I'm wrong or not, but once you enter the loading platform your supposed to go to the row you want to ride in. So these people in front of me just stand next to the front row line, blocking the way to the other rows when there was plenty of room near the back of the station. So I see a few others walk by them and I too just go by them and to the row I want to go to. Then one of the guys who was just standing there goes "Can't you see the line?" Now "the line" was him and his stupid family jamming up the platform, so I had to explain to him that once you get onto the station platform you need to move to the row you want to go in so you don't hold up the line. So all that aside, we get on and go. What's there to say about this ride? It's great! Well worth the wait and the stupid people!

Next we meet one of my sisters friends who is apparently a coaster nut like I am. To we all go to Nitro. The wait started by the chain lift and only took about 10 minutes! Now, my sisters friend is a bouncer at the bar my sister works at so he's pretty big. He said to us that he's fit in plenty of times but there's always some confusion amongst the ride ops when they see him in the seat. So he pulls the bar down and it locks one click, which isn't enough I guess. So He tells the guys to just force it in like all the others do and the kid gives it a wimpy push and tells him that he can't ride. Now this is his favorite coaster so he walks off all pissed off and tells him that he's going to write a letter to SF and complain. So my sister and I rode and it was a nice ride, but we felt kinda bad for him. So when we got off my sisters friend goes "Hey remember that fat guy behind us? He got on! They did just what I told them to do to him but not me! This park f'n sucks...," etc., etc.

So we went on Skull Mountain with a one train wait, then the Skyride to Medusa. We waited about 15 minutes for Medusa then went over to Rolling Thunder. The line started under the brake run and they were running only 1 train, so we decided to come back later. We went over to the Great American Scream Machine, my sister and I went on and waited about 10 minutes. Now we walked over to the Movietown side again, and I went on Spinmeister. Then we went on Freefall, and had to listen to my sister scream from the trip up to the brakes at the end...it's really ANNOYING! A thing I really noticed this time while waiting in line for Freefall (about 10 minute wait btw) was that when the car hits the brakes, it sounds like a car accident LOL. We decided to walk back over to Frontier Adventures. Before that I rode that Jolly Roger ride just because there was no line and it looked kinda cool. That ride is very painful! The backs and sides of the seat are pretty low (I guess that's because it's sort of a kiddie ride) and it spins pretty fast. When it started to go fast I thought I was going to fall out of the car because of the low sided cars! It's kinda fun though, you go over the hills pretty fast. We got over to Frontier Adventures and rode Viper. Of course it was an annoying wait with only 1 train running. That ride beats the crap out of everyone but it's fun! Some kids hat came flying off on the first heartline and almost landed on the chainlift, My sisters friend tried to catch it when the train came back down but it was a good 5 feet away from him.

We walked around a bit and then it was time for my sister friend to go home. Now this is where things get interesting. I go on The Twister and then we walked over to Poland Springs Plunge to take a spin on that. We get in line and wait...then we notice that the turntable in the station isn't moving...and the water is almost dead! So the guy in front of us said, "looks like this is stuck too." We ask him what's going on and he said "Yeah, Batman was stuck, there's people stuck on ferris wheel." Hmm...we get out of line, along with many others, and walk around. Nothing, and I mean nothing was running in Movietown, The Autobahn was the only ride running in Old Country, and sure enough the Big Wheel was stuck with people on it! Apparently half the park lost power and they turned off some rides on the other side to save the remaining power too! Only a handful of rides were running now in the entire park. We watch the Big Wheel for a bit as well as many others, after about 10 minutes they got this whole army of mechanics/ ride ops/ managers/etc. to turn the wheel by sheer man power to get the people off!!! This is certainly something you don't see everyday! I have some pictures that I'll post later. They get some off, then they take the brake off again and start push it, they repeat this a few times. Then they take the brake off, push, and the wheel starts moving by itself. The people come down and the whole section overshoots the loading platform! I guess the side had all the weight on it and it pulled the wheel down towards the ground. They get the remaining people off and that's it, and they get a round of applause from spectators. BTW you should have heard the cracks amongst the people watching, there were hilarious, for example "Hey, I think they learned this from hamsters" and when they were checking the cars to see if they missed anyone "Oh, now their just doing it for exercise." Since nothing was open we saw the dolphin show and then went to leave.

Now throughout the day my sister lost 2 bucks due to vending machines and a lightgun shooting game ripping her off. So she went to Guest Services despite the long lines we expected to report the stuff. The lines were moderate. Now since she had a one day pass (even though it was free) she got another pass to come for free, and for the 2 bucks she lost she got a pass to come to either Hurricane Harbor or the park for 10 bucks plus tax!! That's pretty good! All in all it was an interesting day!

Post July 28th, 2004, 2:44 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

sounds like an interesting day...I haven't had any odd days but did deal with stupid people on zonga. They made a load of drama because we had a free fast pass and took their row. They got all angry, I told them to shut it, and when I got off I rubbed it in their face that where we sat was a great spot and a fun ride.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post July 28th, 2004, 1:05 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
Speaking of Fast Lane passes, you should have seen how many times people jumped into the fast lane reserved seats from other waiting rows. They jump in, and pull the restraint down while the fast lane people had to wait! That is such BS! I'd be majorly ticked off if some people got into the car that I'm supposed to be riding in when I payed to get the fast lane pass!!!! Luckily the ride ops actually caught it the second time someone tried it and made them get out.

Post August 26th, 2005, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I had a similar situation happen at SixFlagsAstroworld. I got on BAteman and took the front row with fast pass and they got all pissed and were yelling. The best part was the passes were free.

Post August 26th, 2005, 8:00 pm

Points on hand: 4,561.00 Points

Post August 26th, 2005, 8:48 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

^So? replying to old topics isn't a capital offence the last time that I checked.

BTW, line jumping and rudeness seem to be a plauge of Six Flags. There is virtually no security... and park guests litter, jump lines, graffiti, and act rude in general all day long.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports