Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Official Macs vs. PC's WWS Rant Topic

Official Macs vs. PC's WWS Rant Topic

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 8th, 2007, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

That's assuming you don't have XPSP2. Also with the windows disc you can put it on as many computers as you like. Currently I have three compys running off of the same disc. One is actually a macbook.

Post September 8th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
as for the iphone discount, yeah, so were gonna give you a hundred dollars, that you have to spend on our products. Sounds like there just boosting their own economics, since frankly, apple is not selling as good as they used too. Seriously, if you're a pc owner with limewire, what the hell are you going to do with 100 dollars in apple money, defiantly nothing useful. The only thing the average iphone user could use a 100 dollar gift card for apple would be Itunes, but i dont know if the gift card would use that. Or you could go buy some 90 dollar headphones, or something stupid like that. I mean it sounds great and all ooh there giving us 100 bucks back, but apple is so limited that there isn't much that 100 bucks can be spent on, i'd rather have 100 bucks to like walmart where i have variety.

And i wouldn't hate macs if the people weren't all ooh i have a mac that means im better then you. Don't tell me it isn't true. I guess having a Mac is like being the star captain of a football team anymore.
please read this, as linked above
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... =macs_cant

Post September 8th, 2007, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
YEAH GO PC'S! *cheer*
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post September 9th, 2007, 12:36 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Originally posted by TConwell

One more time .... nexyt time you get an error, check who is sitting between the chair and the keyboard. My money says, the dufus sitting in taht seat has toasted something and does not have the technical know-how to undo it. Just get over this Calaway ... the general computer user is an idiot. Plain and simple.

Bingo, therefore the PC is not idiot proof and mac is?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 9th, 2007, 12:57 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
No it's not idiot proof because they sell them still.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 9th, 2007, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Oh man, that video on thebestpageintheuniverse site... "I couldn't find anyone who could tell me what piece of cable I needed use to connect my camera to the computer! That's what they do in Holywood."

That's just beyond dumb.

Post September 9th, 2007, 7:27 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Maddox sums it up perfectly imo. Macs are for people who can't use PC's

Post September 9th, 2007, 8:14 am

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
Mac sucks for having almost the same gaming ability then Linux...Period!

Post September 9th, 2007, 9:58 am

Originally posted by Edge

Maddox sums it up perfectly imo. Macs are for people who can't use PC's

thus, they have to dish out alot more money. losers.

Post September 9th, 2007, 10:04 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Because they're idiots who even want to pay that while you can get better specs for a lower price..

Post September 10th, 2007, 12:18 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Woodie Man
Then there's Windows itself. Vista has what, six different versions?

Originally posted by Woodie Man
I know that's a lot of writing so I'll finish up right here. You don't need to be an artsy type to get a Mac. They are great for practical every day use. They don't require tons of maintenence, don't get viruses or malware, don't crash, and can run Windows and any other Microsoft programs. So all you PC users out there, let's see you take this on.

I have done zero maintenance to my PC and I am planning on formatting only for the purpose of PURGING my machine of junk I dont wish to find and delete. Its alot easier to save what I want and know I will miss and delete everything else.

It also hasnt crashed in over a year without it being hardware related.

I havent gotten any viruses or malware - just the occasional spyware which is normally rather harmless and easily removeable.

BTW please quit perpetuating the myth that Macs are the most secure computers out there. They arent. Chew on this:

http://www.techworld.com/news/index.cfm ... friendly=1

Mac runs far LESS programs that get hacked but still produce advisory numbers that are alarming. For ALL the products that MS has that are hackable, the number of actual advisories isnt that bad.

Especially when the USUAL argument is that Macs are safer because the developers dont have to take into account the millions of hardware configurations as well as software titles that can be laid on top.

To me, its unexcusable that Apple has anything near what this report shows compared to Windows. Taking into effect that Macs are pretty much all the same and theres no so called "guess work" its completely lame that they cant lower that number by half.

It shows 1 of 2 things.

1. Mac just isnt as secure as they want you to think. Its been proven by a hacker once and now a security company has proven it completely.

2. The hacking world just doesnt CARE enough about Mac users because theres nothing good youll get from them.

I know where Macs come in handy and where they arent. Also, to claim that Macs are not that expensive is just ignorant. I got my computer, from Dell, for 1200. Pretty much the same thing in a Mac (cept mac is quad core, mines p4 - my graphics card is twice as nice) cost TWICE AS MUCH. And Ill still need to upgrade my graphics card and add twice as much ram. Dont compare operating systems...who NEEDS 5 copies of OS X anyways? If youve got 5 macs in your house - TOTAL overkill.

Post September 10th, 2007, 9:14 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Real
2. The hacking world just doesnt CARE enough about Mac users because theres nothing good youll get from them.

They're gonna start caring when they realize people who can afford an iPhone and all of their products has that much disposable income in their bank accounts that they access online.

Post September 10th, 2007, 10:15 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Id also like to add that when Macs are going to run windows and their apps, now all of Macs security holes are combined with windows.

Is that really so smart? Do you want to be exposed to both?

Post September 10th, 2007, 11:13 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

http://www.kansascity.com/business/story/265922.html

And here is about the third "oh snap" article in two weeks...

Post September 11th, 2007, 9:13 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

I used to be one of those guys who dissed Macs. I thought that stuff wasn't compatible, that the OS was crap, that I'd never be able to use third party hardware, etc etc etc because Apple controls everything.

It's all lies, basically.

Not only am I using ALL third party hardware (except for the Mac itself), installing it was as easy as plugging it in. No drivers to hunt down, no .dll files to mess with. Just plug it in and it works.

The hardware is expensive, but NOT compared to PC systems that have roughly the same specs. The reason you don't find dirt-cheap Macs is because they don't build any low-end systems. Every Mac built is set up to be good for YEARS, unlike some cheap PCs that barely run Vista right out of the box and need memory upgrades or video upgrades to do anything major.

My PCs (and I've had several) never crashed. I know what I'm doing and I keep them healthy. However, after working with Mac OSX, I just hate trying to work with Windoze, so I rarely ever bother.

Speaking of Windoze, it's true that you can run Windoze AND Mac OSX on the new Macs, and you can even run them simultaneously. But the minute you install Windoze on your Mac, you open yourself up to all the crap and BS that PCs deal with. It's not the PC that's the problem most of the time, it's Windoze. I refuse to install it on my Mac, and I've never regretted that decision.

I've done both. For ME, the Mac is much, MUCH better than a PC.

Your milage may vary.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post September 11th, 2007, 9:24 am

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points
Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

Hmm.. Window's crashing? I've had this computer for 3 years and never has it crashed once. We keep it on for weeks at a time as well.

That's right... I've had a Mac Computer with Windows on it... And guess what? IT CRASHED!!!
But!
Not because of Windows, but because of that CRAPPY PC! The motherboard overheated and bent through... Now I need a new computer.
And don't blame me for not having the right cooler. They built that machine themselves, so it's their fault!

Post September 11th, 2007, 10:20 am

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

I've only ever seen two Macs at my school, and here a laptop is required. Our Linux users almost certainly outnumber the Mac ones on campus, so I can't say how good Apple is or isn't. All I know is that it is with good reason nearly everyone at an engineering and technology institution prefers Windows/Linux.

Post September 12th, 2007, 8:37 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

My school has a lab filled with Macs. We run Final Cut Pro and Photoshop CS2 on them, so I'm pretty much in there all the time.

And from that, I can say that Macs make film/photo editing much easier than on a PC. That's the only real 'pro' I've seen.

Post September 12th, 2007, 4:43 pm

Vista is such an improvement from XP, i love it. Just to support the Windows cause

Post June 25th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Uhmm. So what's the deal? I just ran my iPod through the washing machine and it broke.

So sure, buy from Apple...But that's what you'll get =/
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 25th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
That page (bestpageintheuniverse), once again, is so true. Mac users can't SHUT UP. Calaway, you CAN'T disagree here! Why? Your AIM NAME has "mac" in it. I have NEVER seen a PC person like that. And you aren't alone.

As for their products:

-I don't like that many games don't work on Mac. Companies have to go to the extra extent of making them work.

-Their handhelds are pretty good. I'd probably get one if it wasn't so much money. But not the iPhone; no way.

-It must be a fact that PC users are smarter than Mac users. I hear stuff like "blah blah blah viruses blah bogging blah too much to work with" from Mac users all the time. I've had this for 2 years, and it's fine. Don't be stupid and it works great.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 25th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Our Best Buy just opened a small little Apple store inside of it. When I went to buy some more ink for my printer, I passed it. Two iMac's were out of order, and when I went to play around with the Macbook Air, it froze completely. I just got a brand new computer that runs Vista Home Premium, and I have had zero problems. The computer practically takes care of itself!

The only reason iMacs are so "cool" is becuase:

1. The stores are always packed. Becuase there are so few, and people tend to head toward the masses, I always see people just walk in, head towards the back, and then leave! Usually two iMacs are broken when I walk into one.

2. They look "futuristic". I mean come one. It looks cool! If someone owns an iPod or an iMac and shows it to someone else, that persons would want one just to be cool too. And so on. Once the world realizes that iPods are cliched and overrated, sales will start to drop as more and more people move towards individuality.

3. It's easy to use. Even the most retarded people can operate an iMac, IMO.

Yet, iMacs are slow, freeze up, and are expensive. Go to the Apple website and build your own machine. Watch as the price skyrockets up! Just to have the basic needs puts you up $200!

*goes back to syncing Zune on Zune Marketplace.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post June 25th, 2008, 9:08 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by rcking04

Two iMac's were out of order, and when I went to play around with the Macbook Air, it froze completely.

Those products are for public use. You MUST expect that a kid or two might tinker around with it a little too dangerously. Truthfully, any computer can perform absolutely perfectly if the owner knows how to care for it.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 25th, 2008, 9:52 pm

Points on hand: 107.00 Points
Originally posted by Z00Z3R

My school has a lab filled with Macs. We run Final Cut Pro and Photoshop CS2 on them, so I'm pretty much in there all the time.

And from that, I can say that Macs make film/photo editing much easier than on a PC. That's the only real 'pro' I've seen.

That's exactly what I use my iMac for and it rocks: Lightroom, CS3 Master Collection and Final Cut Pro.

I won't even start comparing PCs and Macs, I used to be on PCs and now that I have a Mac it suits my needs much better. But really it's a question of needs. If your are a freaking no life and that you want to play video games all the time, yeah PCs are for you... but if you are a creative person (film, photo, music... whatever) the mac world is for you. And if like me you also want to play some games you can: NL runs perfectly, Bioshock too (on bootcamp). And I have the "older" version of the iMac which has a Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256mb, the newer version which has a Geforce 8800 GS 512mb runs even better.

And the legend that "Macs are expensive" isn't entirely true. Just compare with other brands like dell or HP or whatever and you'll see that macs aren't that expansive.

So I'd say, if you don't like Macs it's just that you don't need one. So Mac or PC? It's just a question of what you use the computer for.

Post June 26th, 2008, 12:49 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Macs are a fashion statement. They server no purpose other than to make a fashion statement.
PC's are workhorses and are there to do work and hot make a fashion statement. There are companies that dress them up and make them stylish like Alienware, etc. But the ideal of the PC is not style but true functionality.
Macs are style 1st, functionality second.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion