Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Official Macs vs. PC's WWS Rant Topic

Official Macs vs. PC's WWS Rant Topic

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 26th, 2008, 1:00 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post June 26th, 2008, 5:10 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,863.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Both PC's and Macs are rubbish.

Neither of them work as well as they should do.

Post June 26th, 2008, 6:09 am

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

Post June 26th, 2008, 9:33 am

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Originally posted by Sobek

Uh, you can customize a Mac till your wits end.. www.macthemes2.net You can completely revamp the OS and customize the icons, the dock... everything.

You can live in OS X like you live in Linux if you'd like. You could use the command line for everything.

OS X can be as tough to use or as easy to use as you'd like.

Post June 26th, 2008, 10:18 am

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

^hey, let's not drag Linux into this; Linux users generally know what they're doing and don't pay ridiculous prices for their hardware.

Post June 26th, 2008, 3:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Calaway he meant in terms of configurations...
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 26th, 2008, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by Woodie Man

So, someone decided to dredge this back up then.

Lol, that would be Jake, claiming what he got when he ran his iPod through the washer.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 26th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Just sayin' [:I]

By the way, my iPod actually does still work, lol. Gallons of water through the system and it's running fine after charging...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 26th, 2008, 3:42 pm

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
Ahh not again! Bringing up endless topics Gerst.

My argument:

If you want to use a Mac, go ahead! I don't care what the hell you do with it but all I want to say is that you won't be able to do half the things I can do with a PC. Wherefore I'll have to sit with a more unstable system running Microsoft?????????s more dynamic OS.

End of story.

Post June 27th, 2008, 6:36 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

PC's cannot be converted into a betta fish tank. Therefore PC's suck the big one all night and day.

http://www.techgadgetforums.com/files/a ... uarium.jpg

Post June 27th, 2008, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
OK, here's my 2 cents worth. I just bought Windows XP Service Pack 2. It's the easiest Windows to install yet. The only reason I bought a PC is because there were more of them out there and I reasoned if that's the case, more software would be available for my computer. MAC's are good machines. I would have bought a MAC if there were more of them out there. Each computer user is going to have to upgrade their computer, operating systems and software as time goes by. That's progress. Computers are getting faster. And if you don't buy the latest video card your NL tracks are going to look like snails, weather (OOPS that's whether) whether your on a PC or a MAC. What's the big deal? Both are excellent computers.
Trackwalker

Post June 27th, 2008, 9:00 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Uh, you can customize a Mac till your wits end.. www.macthemes2.net You can completely revamp the OS and customize the icons, the dock... everything.

You can live in OS X like you live in Linux if you'd like. You could use the command line for everything.

OS X can be as tough to use or as easy to use as you'd like.

NO WAY!!!! you can customize the "theme" wow.. for how much?, you mean , like make the desktop look different? WOW!!!! no way.. new icons WHOAH you mean the things you click on to do things with the computer .. WOW!!!!!
macs have advantages in many cases, but, my god, what a computer "looks like" shouldn't mean anything to someone doing anything worthwhile with it..

Post June 27th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,532.00 Points
I just read on Yahoo! that Microsoft isn't selling anymore copies of XP. Now you can only get Vista (which IMHO, is complete STUPID!). No Limits doesn't even work right on Vista.

Post June 27th, 2008, 9:31 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
They have mostly fixed the Vista problems. That was just the release.

And the funny thing is, Apple users will keep ranting on about how Vista sucks; for example the Mac vs PC commercial that replays over and over.

Edit: Also, to keep XP, simply don't lose your XP installation CD. It's easy.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 27th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,696.00 Points
Macs are better for videos, music, photo editing.

PCs are better for business and gaming.

Both can do the things that the other is good for, but not as well as the other.

If you're into arts and music, go for a Mac.
If you're into sciences/math or business, go for a PC.
If you're into getting the crap beaten out of you, go for a Linux.

Which brings me to a funny comic:

I am the night

Post June 27th, 2008, 10:04 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

excuse me,
i use my pc for music, and i hate math.but if i could afford to buy a new mac every year or so , and all the updates i would, but i cant. hmm.. maybe i'll add another 2 gigs of memory this weekend.. maybe not
if, however, i was doing video or graphics i'd almost definitely get a mac..

Post July 3rd, 2008, 12:48 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post July 3rd, 2008, 1:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

If Mac had a mid-range computer with customization options like they have on the Mac Pro I would consider getting one, or if I could get a real graphics card in a laptop that cost less than 2k. Or if the iMac didn't straight suck :P

Post July 3rd, 2008, 2:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
i use PC, and i have to say that i like both computers, we have a room full of MACs at my school and all we do is use rock band, which is a nifty little program, and i have tried many other of the MAC's capabilities, they are quite good, but to be honest i find very little reason to change my computer and OS just to have a few cool little extra things to do with my pictures, and so that i am "cool", and besides, my friends and i all own PCs and as said before, the only reason one of my friends computers errored is because of what was sitting between the chair and the monitor, not my friend, but his annoying stupid little brother, who lost many of my friends wii games, "accidentally" deleted a load of files and messed up the wireless configurations,he needs a mac, however my friend does not. this is simply because my friend is not retarded and his brother is, in fact. that's why some people are suited for macs, simply because they have the brain of a retarded 11 year old. i am not saying i hate macs, i am saying that is who they are made for, retards.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post July 4th, 2008, 12:14 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

My friend Michael's sister Julie is a special needs girl and she plays various learning games on a PC. So far she has not broken that computer.

Post July 4th, 2008, 7:49 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by Z00Z3R

My school has a lab filled with Macs. We run Final Cut Pro and Photoshop CS2 on them, so I'm pretty much in there all the time.

And from that, I can say that Macs make film/photo editing much easier than on a PC. That's the only real 'pro' I've seen.

it depends more on the software's interface more then "mac" or pc.

Look at it this way. Mac pretty much just has FCP for their professional editing options. I think Adobe has a port of Premier on Mac but it's automatically shunned as an "inferior" product though that's not neccessarily the case.

PC though, has Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas, and the industry standard Avid. (while FCP is used in hollywood, Avid is much more commonly used and prefered by most professionals). So you have to think that better competition between products results in a better product.

But I don't get why Mac users like to suck on Steve Jobs balls so hard. Maybe its because mac users are sell outs.

Originally posted by BlastCoaster

I just read on Yahoo! that Microsoft isn't selling anymore copies of XP. Now you can only get Vista (which IMHO, is complete STUPID!). No Limits doesn't even work right on Vista.

works fine for me

Post July 4th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I've heard tons of stories about NL on Vista, and all of them seem to disagree with the others.
A few things to clear up before I start: first, when I say "mid-range" I mean both price and computing power, with no upgrades at all. Second, the Macs at my school are OS 9s, which I'll admit SUCK ASS. Of course, the PCs run Windows 2000, so they're really about the same...
Anyway, my family owns both Macs and PCs, and I use both everyday. Even my school has a mix of Macs and PCs. We have both Mac computer labs and Windows labs, depending on your needs at that time, or, in some cases, how exhausted you are. Macs are MUCH easier to use for basic things, but like most of the articles have stated, buy a PC if you want to tinker around with the "hidden files". Frankly, I don't care enough to mess around at the risk of completely screwing up my computer. 1) I don't have quite enough technical know-how to do it, and 2) my mid-range PC works great for everything I need to do WITHOUT messing around. However, the 4-year-old iBook laptop sitting 3 feet to my right is probably faster than my mid-range PC, which is 2 years old. I also like it better, possibly because I'm one of those people who like to be "cool" and want everything to look awesome, but also because of the ease-of-use part of the matter. My mom's MacMini downstairs is just about ready to be outdated, and will need replacement in a year or so, but can still rival mid-range PCs in terms of speed and graphics capability. The iPod mini to my left pwned the crap out of the mp3 player it replaced in 2004, and the iPod touch playing music through my 3rd-party speakers has been a life saver (not really, but I love the interface). On to my sister's brand-new Vista laptop. Took my dad and I over an hour just to get it connected with our home internet. Got the iTouch, and 3 minutes later, it was completely set up, ready to be used. Then, it took another hour to set up the antivirus stuff. By midnight on the night she bought it, her computer was ready to go!
My verdict: Macs are better if you want to run basic things, PCs for advanced computer users, and if you are a graphic designer, movie editor, or other kind of professional something-or-other, Macs are probably the way to go. Also, I realize this topic is about Macs vs PCs, but I figured I could expand it to Apple vs The World without too much grief. Hope this doesn't sound biased at all, because I tried my best to keep it unbiased.

Post July 4th, 2008, 10:52 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I still don't understand the whole argument that Macs are better for designing graphics and editing video. Is there some sort of special software/hardware mac has that PC's aren't physically capable of possessing?

Post July 5th, 2008, 10:27 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Vista works just fine for anybody who knows how to use a computer. I've had zero problems with it since buying a new laptop last year. I think most people who have problems with it are the ones who bought a copy of it and installed it on a machine that has old (unsupported) hardware. If you have supported hardware and still have problems, I suggest going to the nearest bookstore and buying one of those 'computers for dummies' books.

Post July 5th, 2008, 11:51 am

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

This whole topic is hilarious. I love it. Especially the people who say things like "PCs are better than Macs (or vis-versa)... period", as if it was a cold fact.

This entire debate is really about opinions... and I don't see the point. I doubt that anyone who is posting here is going to change their rig based on this topic, so I am wondering why so many people are getting so upset about it.

But by all means keep it up. It is great entertainment.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion