Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Olympia Looping Possibly Closing in 2016

Olympia Looping Possibly Closing in 2016

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 1st, 2015, 8:19 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
No idea if this is true or not, but a guy on Facebook claims it, and since I can't read German, have no way of fact checking it. But if it is true, that is sad, since that seems like an amazing work of art coaster.

olympialoopingclose.png
olympialoopingclose.png (429.86 KiB) Viewed 3754 times

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Seriously hoping a park gets this ride and keeps it running the way it was designed to!
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Should be preserved eternally!
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I want it. I've heard that it is very intense.

I would also love to ride Thriller with the original track.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 1,790.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
this is true
olympia looping will close after this year.
if i am right, i will go to a thema park some where in the mid west ( from what i have unstand, dont hold me on that )
the owner of the ride, found it to expensive to travel any longer with it, specialy with a shrinking german fair industry
that it will be scrapped looks verry unlikely

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I know this would never happen, but I could forgive cedar fair for taking out the laser @dorney, if they replaced it with its bigger brother
What are these for?

Points on hand: 1,489.00 Points
Bank: 1,989.00 Points
Hey TTD, can u send me the link to that Facebook page, or even to his source?
Since I??m from Germany I got a pretty got chance of understanding it xD.

If I can do it, I??ll translate it and post it into this topic.

@Topic: Hopefully the rumors are false since it??s by far the best moving ride I rode so far. Although I understand their concerns because the ride operates since 1989 so it??s probably pretty hard for them to keep it in the EU??s security guidelines for amusement rides.
I personally hope that they install it at some theme park here as the ride is well known in Germany wouldn??t have to move it around anymore. I saw it once 2.5 weeks before beginn of the Oktoberfest in Munich. It was the only ride on this huge empty area to be installed at that time :D.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I've been hearing these rumors for a longer time right now. Apparently it's not even attending Oktoberfest in M??nchen this year. Which is normally a yearly visit with 100% fully build up ride. (All trains on track and all cars, most fairs it runs with just 2-3 trains and 5 cars per train.) From what I heard is that the fairground in Herne on 7th of August until 16th of August was going to be the very last fairground it's attending this year. So anyone who haven't ridden it and still would love to ride it. There is (probably) your last chance. :lol:

The departure of the ride may seem a bit weird though, since it doesn't seem they are getting rid of it because of a lack of popularity or a lack of profit. As an example: One of the last fairs in D??sseldorf it was running non-stop 3 trains, fully loaded with a price of 7,50 a person. Seem alright with me that you would earn enough during that period of time. On top of that, the queuing time at that moment was about 10 minutes and I haven't seen it decrease at any point. :)

Would be a shame to see it really leaving. I really hope a themepark wants to buy the ride and properly maintains the ride. This classic needs to be kept running at all costs. It's still way too good/smooth for the scrapyard.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Der LK 7531 wrote:
Hey TTD, can u send me the link to that Facebook page, or even to his source?
Since I??m from Germany I got a pretty got chance of understanding it xD.

If I can do it, I??ll translate it and post it into this topic.

@Topic: Hopefully the rumors are false since it??s by far the best moving ride I rode so far. Although I understand their concerns because the ride operates since 1989 so it??s probably pretty hard for them to keep it in the EU??s security guidelines for amusement rides.
I personally hope that they install it at some theme park here as the ride is well known in Germany wouldn??t have to move it around anymore. I saw it once 2.5 weeks before beginn of the Oktoberfest in Munich. It was the only ride on this huge empty area to be installed at that time :D.

It was posted in a Texas Thrill Seeker's group. He provided no source so you would have to google it.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
mama123452 wrote:
this is true
if i am right, i will go to a thema park some where in the mid west ( from what i have unstand, dont hold me on that )
the owner of the ride, found it to expensive to travel any longer with it, specialy with a shrinking german fair industry

That would be freaking amazing if it went to the midwest US. I don't know which park here would actually buy it though...
American Eagle Lover

Paradox User avatar

Jonny Richey wrote:
mama123452 wrote:
this is true

That would be freaking amazing if it went to the midwest US. I don't know which park here would actually buy it though...

If a park in the Midwest US actually bought this ride it could make that area worth visiting.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Midwest already is one of the best regions for theme parks... We have Cedar Point, Kings Island, Holiday World, Great America, and if you consider it Midwest, Silver Dollar City.
American Eagle Lover

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Unfortunately I'm betting this is gonna join eurostar rotting in a field somewhere. RIP. If the midwest rumor is somehow true I'm betting kneobles... because they've brought back four rides already. (Black Diamon, Flying Turns, Pheonix, Twister)
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

Most Schwarzkopf's go to Mexico to die.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post September 14th, 2015, 6:31 am

Points on hand: 61.00 Points
Hi there...

the good news are, Olympia Looping IS on this year's Oktoberfest (2015). You can see it live here:

http://www.wiesn.tv/livestream-webcam/w ... er-bavaria

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!